Windows 10: Windows not populating all drives from USB hub?

Discus and support Windows not populating all drives from USB hub? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have an externally powered 10 slot USB hub that windows is having trouble dealing with. It only seems to recognize 4 or 5 attached drives and that will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by amancandance, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Windows not populating all drives from USB hub?

Have an externally powered 10 slot USB hub that windows is having trouble dealing with. It only seems to recognize 4 or 5 attached drives and that will change(the amount recognized) depending on which USB slot the hub is connected to on my PC. All are USB 3.0 both on the Hub and PC. The drives are a mixture of ext. powered 3.5" HDD and 2.5" HDD and are all operating normally. Any idea what the issue could be? Thanks.

:)

amancandance, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Feb 24, 2020
  3. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Windows not populating all drives from USB hub?

Windows not populating all drives from USB hub?

Have an externally powered 10 slot USB hub that windows is having trouble dealing with. It only seems to recognize 4 or 5 attached drives and that will change(the amount recognized) depending on which USB slot the hub is connected to on my PC. All are USB 3.0 both on the Hub and PC. The drives are a mixture of ext. powered 3.5" HDD and 2.5" HDD and are all operating normally. Any idea what the issue could be? Thanks.

amancandance, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows not populating all drives from USB hub?

1. Windows not populating all drives from USB hub? - Similar Threads - populating drives USB

2. Stop all Word Document windows from populating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop all Word Document windows from populating: How do I prevent all Word documents from opening at once when creating a new word document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-all-word-document-windows-from-populating/0c8246b5-15b3-4af4-8699-250d02ba9fc9
  3. Stop all Word Document windows from populating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop all Word Document windows from populating: How do I prevent all Word documents from opening at once when creating a new word document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-all-word-document-windows-from-populating/0c8246b5-15b3-4af4-8699-250d02ba9fc9
  4. Weird disconnect from USB C hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird disconnect from USB C hub: so i was copying files from one drive to the other, both connected on this USB C hub i have (total 3 USB A ports on it + gigabit lan), well at some point the copy stopped and connection on the USB C hub disappeared all of a sudden. Both drives disappeared from explorer,...
  5. USB Hub

USB Hub: hey guys, yesterday I bought an external USB Hub so I can have more than 2 USB ports. when I connect it, my laptop doesn't recognize any USB or my Wireless mouse. also I know it works because when I connect my Cool-pad to it, it starts to work. what is the problem? could...
  6. USB Hub / Device / Drive / Thumb Drive not recognized - Solved

USB Hub / Device / Drive / Thumb Drive not recognized - Solved: If your device was working fine in Windows 7 and earlier and/or on the Mac platform but now not working in Windows 10: Control Panel > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Right - Click on any/all Hubs you suspect In the window that pops up Click on the...
  7. Windows not populating all drives from USB hub?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows not populating all drives from USB hub?: Have an externally powered 10 slot USB hub that windows is having trouble dealing with. It only seems to recognize 4 or 5 attached drives and that will change(the amount recognized) depending on which USB slot the hub is connected to on my PC. All are USB 3.0 both on the Hub...
  8. USB hub

USB hub: was using an Amazon basics usb hub on my last computer without any issues but I bought a new laptop a few months ago and within the past week or two my usb hub started to disconnect and reconnect devices connected to it. So I recently bought a hub that has a standalone power...
  9. disconnect hub rather than disconnecting all drives on the hub

disconnect hub rather than disconnecting all drives on the hub: Good Day All Just curious if it is safe to disconnect a usb hub rather than going down the line to disconnect all the drives on the hub? all help is greatly appreciated DME 100075
  10. Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub

Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub: I have two powered USB 2.0 hard drives that I plan to plug into a powered USB 3.0 hub. I know I won't get the USB 3.0 speed, but should the I also connect each drive's power connection? Thank you for your help. 96467