Windows 10: windows not powering down

Discus and support windows not powering down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi when I attempt to power down my computer all applications and programs shut down but the computer never acutally turns off. The screens are blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by [Paulr], Aug 5, 2019.

1. [Paulr] Win User

windows not powering down

Hi when I attempt to power down my computer all applications and programs shut down but the computer never acutally turns off. The screens are blank and unresponsive but the computer is still on. I have unchecked the "turn on fast startup" check box in power settings and restored my computer to factory defaults but still the porblem persists. Please helpwindows not powering down :)

regards

Paul

:)

[Paulr], Aug 5, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 5, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 5, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

1. windows not powering down - Similar Threads - powering down

2. How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?: I know this can be changed, but I can't remember how to do it. I want the power button on the start menu to show "restart" instead of "shut down". I know there's a drop down menu, but I want to set it and forget it....
  3. How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set the start menu power button to restart instead of shut down?: I know this can be changed, but I can't remember how to do it. I want the power button on the start menu to show "restart" instead of "shut down". I know there's a drop down menu, but I want to set it and forget it....
  4. Black/blank screen after power down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black/blank screen after power down: I tried to boot my Windows 10 AIO to Windows 11 using a USB stick. I got an error message saying something had gone wrong and we would reboot. Nothing happened so I powered down and removed the USB. I tried to reboot and there was/is nothing. No colour, no cursor, no beeps...
  5. Black/blank screen after power down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black/blank screen after power down: I tried to boot my Windows 10 AIO to Windows 11 using a USB stick. I got an error message saying something had gone wrong and we would reboot. Nothing happened so I powered down and removed the USB. I tried to reboot and there was/is nothing. No colour, no cursor, no beeps...
  6. Black/blank screen after power down

7. Kernel-Power Windows shutting down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power Windows shutting down unexpectedly: Hello! I'm having this error, i'll paste it below. <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>9</Version>...
  8. Kernel-Power Windows shutting down unexpectedly

Kernel-Power Windows shutting down unexpectedly: Hello! I'm having this error, i'll paste it below. <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>9</Version>...
  9. GPU throttling down when launching games, could be power saving mode bugged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU throttling down when launching games, could be power saving mode bugged.: As the title states, GPU is throttling from 2000mhz to 200mhz when a game is launched which of course makes games unplayable. Not sure what's going on here, will take any help I can get....
  10. GPU throttling down when launching games, could be power saving mode bugged.

GPU throttling down when launching games, could be power saving mode bugged.: As the title states, GPU is throttling from 2000mhz to 200mhz when a game is launched which of course makes games unplayable. Not sure what's going on here, will take any help I can get....