Windows 10: Windows not receiving mic audio input

Discus and support Windows not receiving mic audio input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, this is a common problem from what I've read so far. Summed up, Windows 10 detects my new headset's mic but is not receiving any audio input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JakeC2NZ, Jun 15, 2019.

1. JakeC2NZ Win User

Windows not receiving mic audio input

Hello, this is a common problem from what I've read so far. Summed up, Windows 10 detects my new headset's mic but is not receiving any audio input from it. When I speak or tap on the mic, no green bars appear in the sound menu as well as discord/windows voice recorder not detecting any input.

My rig:
    Acer Predator, Windows 10 (Version 1809, build 17763.557)

My headset:
    SteelSeries Arctis 5 (USB)

What I've tried so far:
    I have tested my headset with my phone using a 3.5mm, and audio input/output worked normally. I also tested this with a different desktop running windows 10 and experienced the same problem.

1) Default microphone is set to Arctis 5 and enabled, all others are disabled
    2) Audio enhancements are disabled
    3) Volume is maxed in "levels" tab of microphone properties
    3) Allow applications to take exclusive control is disabled
    4) Fully updated windows
    5) Reinstalled and attempted to update headset drivers (no updates)
    6) Plugged in headset using every USB port
    7) Ran audio troubleshooter, didn't help
    8) Tried to configure mic, can't go past the part where windows asks you to speak into the mic because it doesn't detect any audio from it.
    9) In Privacy, allowed all apps to access microphone
    10) Downloaded steelseries' engine, program can't detect audio when trying a live mic test and it's pretty much useless for anything outside of tweaking sound settings
    11) Connected headset using 3.5mm jack, both audio and microphone stopped working
    12) And before anyone asks, yes I made sure the mic isn't muted by the headset itself

I have also looked for brand-specific drivers from steelseries but can't find any. I've tried everything I can think of and everything I've read online. Any help is appreciated, and if anyone wants additional information or screenshots just let me know.

:)

JakeC2NZ, Jun 15, 2019

2. Can't isolate line audio from mic input; audio driver not showing.

Excellent reply. I set Audacity as you suggest and it works. To my perfectionist mind, there's one flaw: with all volumes to max, the recording level is rather low, as the attached snip shows. Any ideas how to increase it? My previous Win 7 laptop allowed far more level than this, using a Realtek driver.

Windows not receiving mic audio input [​IMG]

Airlane1979, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Audio Input

Hi MJGAMER88,

This could be due to an incorrect audio setting or a compatibility issue with your streaming app. I'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?

In the meantime, here are the suggestions that you may try:

• Install all the suggested Windows cumulative updates.
    • Download and install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer's website.
    • Check the MIC settings in your audio manager if MIC boost feature is turned on (depends on your sound card).
    • Try changing the MIC Boost level. Right click the Volume controller (Sound Icon) >
      Recording Devices > right-click Microphone and click
      Properties. Try turning down the Microphone Boost levels.
    • Fix sound problems.

Update us with the results.

Gemzon Mar, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Windows not receiving mic audio input

Can't isolate line audio from mic input; audio driver not showing.

I'm new to Win 10. I want to use Audacity to record streaming audio. My new (used) Toshiba Satellite laptop came with a Conexant Smart Audio HD driver, also new to me. I find that I can't mute the mic without muting all audio input to Audacity. I've tried installing Realtek HD which I've used before, but it fails to show up in Device Manager or in Recording Devices. Volume Mixer shows no Mic channel, but it's audibly present in the audio stream in Audacity.

I might not have the correct Audacity settings either, but I'm confused. How should I set up my audio device?

View attachment 158619

Airlane1979, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows not receiving mic audio input

1. Windows not receiving mic audio input - Similar Threads - receiving mic audio

2. PC audio is going through mic input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC audio is going through mic input: When I am on a voice chat with someone, they can hear themselves. Whenever I play sound through my Windows 11 PC, they are able to hear it. This makes VC's really tough. I don't know what the issue is, whether it is with my mic or with my pc. It worked up until recently. I...
  3. PC audio is going through mic input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC audio is going through mic input: When I am on a voice chat with someone, they can hear themselves. Whenever I play sound through my Windows 11 PC, they are able to hear it. This makes VC's really tough. I don't know what the issue is, whether it is with my mic or with my pc. It worked up until recently. I...
  4. PC audio is mixed with mic input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC audio is mixed with mic input: When I am on a voice chat with someone, they can hear themselves. Whenever I play sound through my Windows 11 PC, they are able to hear it. This makes VC's really tough. I don't know what the issue is, whether it is with my mic or with my pc. It worked up until recently. I...
  5. PC audio is mixed with mic input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC audio is mixed with mic input: When I am on a voice chat with someone, they can hear themselves. Whenever I play sound through my Windows 11 PC, they are able to hear it. This makes VC's really tough. I don't know what the issue is, whether it is with my mic or with my pc. It worked up until recently. I...
  6. Mic detected but not receiving input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic detected but not receiving input: edition Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 version 20H2 installed in ‎04/‎03/‎2021 SO compilation 19042.631 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 I have an Acer aspire of around 3 years, in 04/03/2021 I clean reinstalled windows on it because I bought a Kingston 480...
  7. Headset muting audio on receiving Mic input

Headset muting audio on receiving Mic input: I actually had this issue with my old headset and thought it was just the headset, but this one worked just fine, I was changing some sound settings to fix some audio lag I was getting, now this headset does the exact thing the old one did. I can't remember exactly what I...
  8. Windows 10 Mic/Input Audio Adjustment Disable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mic/Input Audio Adjustment Disable: So this as far as I can possibly tell appears to be a Windows 10 issue but I'm having problems figuring out how to correct it by search terms alone. I have an issue with a Condenser mic over the 3.5mm input on both my motherboard and a dedicated soundcard, both are different...
  9. Windows 10 not receiving mic audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not receiving mic audio: Hello, this is a common problem from what I've read so far. Summed up, Windows 10 detects my new headset's mic but is not receiving any audio input from it. When I speak or tap on the mic, no green bars appear in the sound menu as well as discord/windows voice recorder not...
  10. Mic pick al audio input

Mic pick al audio input: I don't know why, but my mic in picking all the playback sound, even if my headphones and speakers are closed. It's acting like a speaker. I have to mention that the "Listen to this device" is't checked....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows doesnt detect mic inputs behringer