Windows 10: Windows not recognize USB disk

Discus and support Windows not recognize USB disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have problem with USB 3.0. external disk. ( USB disk is always connected to PC ) When windows starts up , USB external disk not show in file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DamjanČoš, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Windows not recognize USB disk

Hello!

I have problem with USB 3.0. external disk. ( USB disk is always connected to PC )

When windows starts up , USB external disk not show in file explorer but show in Device Manager -> Disk drives.

I see USB drive also in disk manager, but have no letter. When I want to assign the letter, it tells me an error:

" the operation failed to complete because the disk management console view is not up to date "

I can "run" usb disk in two ways:

-Disconect and reconect from usb port

-disable and back to enable in Device Manager -> Disk drives.

Windows not recognize USB disk fbed0f65-34be-4f66-be9c-3cf87c733f15?upload=true.png

Please help!

:)

DamjanČoš, Oct 22, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Windows not recognize USB disk

USB device not recognized spam

Hi Kyle,

You may receive this error if one of your USB connected devices is not properly recognized by the system. Let's try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Krishna Prasobh V on this
    thread

In addition, we suggest that you turn off the notifications from the USB by following these steps:

• Open Settings by typing "settings" in Cortana's search box.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Locate USB and toggle the switch to Off.
    Keep us updated with the status of your concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, Oct 22, 2018
  5. wang520yan New Member
    Did you try to update the USB driver in Device Manager?If you cannot assign a drive letter to the USB, you can use a third-party software to do that. Or you can use diskpart command lines: open command prompt window and then input the following commands: diskpart->list disk->select disk #-> clean-> create partition primary->select partition #->active->format fs=fat32->assign->exit.
    If this fails, too, you need a professional disk formatting utility.

wang520yan, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows not recognize USB disk

1. Windows not recognize USB disk - Similar Threads - recognize USB disk

2. USB Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Not Recognized: Hello! I have a printer for a very long time, but the old cable I used broke, I haven't printed with it for over a year, and today I bought a cable because we use need it for school, but when I tried to install the drivers off of it, it asked for me to connect the printer,...
  3. USB not recognized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognized.: USB is not working nor it is showing in diskpart is there anyway i can repair it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-recognized/4ceef39a-12ad-4a26-ad68-64344bbe96b6
  4. USB not recognized.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not recognized.: USB is not working nor it is showing in diskpart is there anyway i can repair it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-recognized/4ceef39a-12ad-4a26-ad68-64344bbe96b6
  5. USB NOT RECOGNIZING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB NOT RECOGNIZING: I've been having issues with my USB ports and thought it may have been related to an issue I've had for some time now. This issue appears as 'Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed' in the device manager. To resolve this problem, I've attempted a few fixes found...
  6. USB Not Recognized

USB Not Recognized: One morning, my USB flash drive connected to Dell Inspiron 3576 was not recognized. It can be found only through Devices and Printers and appears non-functional. It does not show up on File Explorer. Running windows 10 v1909, OS 18363.778. Other USB drives I possess can...
  7. USB not recognizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognizing: My USB controller doesnt recongnize https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-recognizing/270918b3-fc82-414e-9998-1b8f68af1ae4
  8. USB NOT RECOGNIZE

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB NOT RECOGNIZE: AFTER UPDATING TO WINDOWS 10 1809 MY LAPTOP DOES NOT RECOGNIZE ANY MEMORY STICKS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-not-recognize/c36861c7-f1df-4def-b9bf-c22af96e4a2c
  9. External USB drive not recognized for Disk Image

External USB drive not recognized for Disk Image: Greeting with a smile. I'm trying to save a first time disk image on an external USB drive. And I had it working at the start. The first time, it started fine, and was running fine. But it took longer than I thought it would, and I had to shut it down before it was...
  10. usb is not recognized

usb is not recognized: hi everyone, i have buy a new laptop before 5 months and i connect my usb and its say (usb is not recognized)*cry i have search for the problem in google but none is helped i have try this how to fix or repair usb flash drive not shown in my computer more [read the...