Windows 10: Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics

Discus and support Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I have a Dell Inspiron 5576. 265 SSD and 1TB HDD. I have AMD R5 and Rx560. The 560 is the dedicated, 4G. Adrenaline (the driver software) can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thelittlenancy, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics

Hi!

I have a Dell Inspiron 5576. 265 SSD and 1TB HDD.

I have AMD R5 and Rx560. The 560 is the dedicated, 4G.

Adrenaline (the driver software) can see the RX560. Device Manager can see the RX560. Neither World of Warcraft nor Windows sees anything but the integrated R5, and while DirectX "sees" it, it doesn't see it as a GPU... my dxdiag has it listed near the bottom as a system device.

I have...

Uninstalled completely and reinstalled the drivers (several times, actually).

I've tried both the AMD drivers and the ones provided by Dell

I've flashed the BIOS

I've turned off the powernow thing in the BIOS

I've turned all my settings in Windows 10 to High performance.

I've probably done a bunch more things, including try to talk to Dell and AMD. Somehow, it isn't communicating with Windows, and I am hoping the nice people here can give me a hand.

Some Images below:

Image 1: GPU settings show R560 is installed.

Image 2: Device Manager shows R560 is installed

Image 3: Windows graphics settings does not recognize R560 as an option

Image 4: Wow doesn't see R560

Image 5: GPU settings show it is trying to use the R560

R560 is NOT running in task manager when game is open

Direct X sees R560 as a System Device, NOT a GPU. I'd post my dxdiag but it is too long.

Thoughts, please? Thanks!

Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics 7e6723a0-a93e-4388-a819-d3e995c794ec?upload=true.jpg

Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics 6e26e6fe-a91e-408e-a7a4-de68f8381888?upload=true.jpg

Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics 778572fd-0968-43e9-84a3-25756f3b0673?upload=true.jpg

Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics ef96fbfe-6e09-4dbe-b631-e425aff3a547?upload=true.jpg

Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics 1a90b273-5d3d-4608-9523-1a39f54ed40a?upload=true.jpg

:)

thelittlenancy, Oct 24, 2018
  2. Sumit4941 Win User

AMD Switchable graphics option gone

AMD switchable graphics option is gone after windows 10 update. What to do.?

Sumit4941, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Windows 10 upgrade fail BSOD - AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics - Sony Vaio SVE14A26C

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 will run on a PC with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) graphics.

Since Sony has confirmed that you might face BSOD with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics SVE14A* computer model. I would suggest you to disable one of the graphic card driver and then try upgrading to Windows 10 and check.

For disabling one of the graphic card follow the steps .

Uninstall the Device Drivers :

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the Graphics Card device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
    the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 24, 2018
  4. RobertEU Win User

Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics

My AMD Switchable Graphics settings are missing after upgrading to windows 10

Me, you and thousands of users with Intel and Amd switchable graphics configuration are abandoned since several years ago...

It's a disgrace.

Take my laptop for example:

HP dv7-6140eo

Intel and amd 6770M switchable graphics.

Latest driver is from 2011.

Uncountable number of threads on forums about the switchable graphics problem but nobody seems to care.

Oh dear...

Here is one:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...k-screen/5d8dea79-194d-4f42-a0a6-8eb3893175ab

RobertEU, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics

1. Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics - Similar Threads - recognizing AMD Switchable

2. Should I update or not? (Intel/AMD Hybrid Switchable Graphics)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Should I update or not? (Intel/AMD Hybrid Switchable Graphics): Hello! I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb 81F500GYHV series notebook with Intel Core i5-8250u and AMD Radeon 540 graphics. These are seperate chips on the mainboard, they are not built into just one like some newer Intel chips come with an embedded AMD GPU. This one is not...
  3. Windows Crashes after AMD switchable graphic drivers are installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Crashes after AMD switchable graphic drivers are installed: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 7520 SE laptop which has a switchable AMD Raedon HD 7730m graphic card and a Intel 4000 HD internal graphic card. With the recent Windows 10 updateversion 2004, every time my AMD display drivers are installed, my system keeps freezing. If I...
  4. AMD RADEON switchable graphics not working in recent updates of Windows 10

AMD RADEON switchable graphics not working in recent updates of Windows 10: Issue: I have an ASUS N551ZU notebook with switchable graphics, an AMD Radeon R7 integrated GPU and a Radeon R9 M280X discrete GPU. I have the latest version of Windows 10 as well as AMD software installed on my laptop. Unfortunately, for months I couldn't have my games run...
  5. AMD Switchable Graphics: How to switch GPU?

AMD Switchable Graphics: How to switch GPU?: Hi, I just upgraded my AMD Graphics driver on my notebook which has AMD Switchable (dual) Graphics. The new GUI application is completely different, I can't seem to find where can I assign which GPU is to run the given application? This is a notebook and I don't game a...
  6. AMD Graphics Not Switching to (Switchable/Discrete Graphics) Just (Primary/Integrated)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AMD Graphics Not Switching to (Switchable/Discrete Graphics) Just (Primary/Integrated): Hello everyone I have this problem for about 2 years now, I am trying to switch from AMD Radeon (TM) 520 [Discrete/Switchable Graphics] because it is more powerful than my AMD Radeon R4 [Primary/Integrated Graphics] When I try go to Switchable graphics section in the AMD...
  7. AMD / Intel Switchable graphics Issue - Windows 10 9926

AMD / Intel Switchable graphics Issue - Windows 10 9926: My Switchable Graphics option is there but I cannot configure it at all. I have tried modded drivers, original drivers and running with compatibility settings. For some reason when I select Configure Switchable Graphics it takes me to the Creating and Arranging Desktops...
  8. Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem

Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem: hey, i need some help. I bought a HP 15-bs021nm a moth ago, and it has intel hd 520 and Radeon 520 graphics. I want to play games with it, but the problem is it uses intel hd instad of the radeon graphics. How do i set radeon to be the default graphics adapter? specs in...
  9. HP Switchable Graphics Problem

HP Switchable Graphics Problem: My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6-6047cl Entertainment Notebook PC with Intel i7-2630QM 2.0 GHz processor, with 8 GB RAM. I have had several different graphics problems and have upgraded the drivers. It has HP Switchable Graphics with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver and...
  10. AMD Switchable graphics menu is gone in windows 10 build 9926

AMD Switchable graphics menu is gone in windows 10 build 9926: ok so the menu disappeared in the recent build 9926 update. without this i dont think i can game *Shock my first step will be to find some kind of update for my video cards. but my drivers are modded so ill have some trouble. ill report back 4391

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd gpu not showing in task manager sony vaio

2. AMD Radeon HD 6770M windows 10 1903 error

3. windows 10 switchable graphics

4. windows 10 amd switchable graphics 2018,
  5. windows 10 1809 not recognizing amd card