Windows 10: Windows not recognizing keyboard.

Discus and support Windows not recognizing keyboard. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a GK61X mechanical keyboard and a custom coiled aviator cable and Windows does not recognize it as a keyboard but can recognize my wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kyleronquillo11, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Windows not recognizing keyboard.

I have a GK61X mechanical keyboard and a custom coiled aviator cable and Windows does not recognize it as a keyboard but can recognize my wireless mouse when I plug it in. I need help.

submitted by /u/kyleronquillo11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kyleronquillo11, Oct 30, 2020
  2. devnull Win User

Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

Thanks, but how would I be able to do any of the things that you suggest when Windows is not recognizing either my keyboard or my mouse?

I'll mention that I do intend to purchase a *wired* USB keyboard and mouse today and try them, but I'm not optimistic that they will be recognized by Windows either.

devnull, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Windows not recognizing keyboard.

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows not recognizing keyboard.

1. Windows not recognizing keyboard. - Similar Threads - recognizing keyboard

2. Surface stopped recognizing mouse and keyboard dongle in docking station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface stopped recognizing mouse and keyboard dongle in docking station: My Microsoft mouse and keyboard pair has a dongle that is connected to the ports in the dock. The computer will not recognize the mouse and keyboard. When I move the dongle directly to the Surface USB port, they are both recognized. Thanks....
  3. windows on laptop no longer recognizes keyboard

windows on laptop no longer recognizes keyboard: My Windows 10 installation on my laptop had an error and will no longer recognize the keyboard, nor will it accept an external keyboard. The keyboard works with the BIOS and a Win 10 install drive, but I can't seem to fix the problem. Is there a way to fix this or do I need...
  4. Windows doesn't recognize keyboard/mouse coming from monitor USB hub

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows doesn't recognize keyboard/mouse coming from monitor USB hub: Hi all, The setup: Dell U3419W Logitech MX Master 3 Durgod USB wired keyboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wifi CPU/RAM/GPU don't matter I don't think Windows 10 Home - registered Version: 1909 Build: 18363.1110 Up to date with all patching/updates/etc I have the...
  5. Windows 10 reverted my system to Windows 7 and can't recognize my usb mouse/keyboard

Windows 10 reverted my system to Windows 7 and can't recognize my usb mouse/keyboard: I installed a windows update on my windows 10 computer and came home to the computer on a windows 7 home premium log in screen. I don't think I've ever had another version installed on this computer so that's very surprising. Also, when the computer goes to the login screen,...
  6. Mouse Recognized As Keyboard

Mouse Recognized As Keyboard: I got a new computer today, and once I set it up, I realized how high the mouse speed was. I was looking into ways to turn it down, but none of the options shown in the videos appear. I went into the control panel, then the devices tab and my mouse was recognized as a...
  7. Keyboard not recognized at startup after 2004 update

Keyboard not recognized at startup after 2004 update: Since most recently updating Windows my USB keyboard does not seem to be recognized at startup, after either shutdown or reboot. I can restore it by unplugging and replugging the USB cable, but this must be done every time Windows loads....
  8. Windows 10 not recognizing keyboard.

Windows 10 not recognizing keyboard.: Hey there guys, So last night I turned off my computer as usual, nothing different at all. This morning I woke up and my keyboard is no longer recognized by Windows and it keeps saying the device is malfunctioning. I've tried uninstalling USB drivers, etc. But none of that...
  9. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard won't recognized my Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 keyboard in...

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard won't recognized my Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 keyboard in...: It is only showing my mouse. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mouse-and-keyboard-wont-recognized-my/9792b2c2-aba2-4355-8fb1-0e8e2d2e2104
  10. Win 10 2004 does not recognize the trackball on my iogear keyboard

Win 10 2004 does not recognize the trackball on my iogear keyboard: Using Iogear keyboard with built in trackball model gkb635w, was fine, upgraded to 2004, buttons work, no pointer. Install on older version it works. Installed older adesso with trackball and worked. Something in update not working. Contacted IOGEAR as well, as these are PNP...