Windows 10: Windows not recognizing new SSD

Discus and support Windows not recognizing new SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Due to my computer's unbearably slow performance, I recently purchased a 8 TB Seagate Barracuda SSD and a USB to SATA cable. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DementedMuffinC, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Windows not recognizing new SSD

Hello everyone.

Due to my computer's unbearably slow performance, I recently purchased a 8 TB Seagate Barracuda SSD and a USB to SATA cable. I connected it into my USB port; however, nothing appears in My Computer. Every help article on the web says to assign it a drive letter however that didn't work. It registers in device/disk management as ASM 2115 USB Device. I also tried updating the drivers and restarting my computer to no avail.

:)

DementedMuffinC, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

USB not recognized after startup with new SSD

Hi,

Please answer the following:

• Which version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Aside from installing a new SSD, were there any updates made to your device prior to this issue?

We suggest that we check for system file corruption, check this
    link
    for more information.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Oct 26, 2019
  3. yurnero Win User
    Getting windows to recognize new SSD after cloning and swapping

Today I cloned my SSD (some OCZ Vertex where Windows 10 x64 is installed) to a bigger SSD (some Crucial M500) then swapped the drives. (I followed this guide, pretty much step-by-step.)

Everything has gone smoothly except that when I go to Device Manager, the old SSD is still listed under Disk drives:

Windows not recognizing new SSD fL9nP.png

I have ran a benchmark with AS SSD Benchmark and got numbers that match those for the Crucial M500. So does it matter that Device Manager has the wrong name? If I'd like Windows to recognize the new drive properly and display as such under Device Manager, how would I do that please?

yurnero, Oct 26, 2019
  4. ArtG1 Win User

Windows not recognizing new SSD

Why doesn't my pc win 10 recognize a new Crucal MX500 SSD?

I am trying to install a new SSD but Win 10 doesn't recognize it when I plug it in. Any suggestions? Thanks

ArtG1, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows not recognizing new SSD

1. Windows not recognizing new SSD - Similar Threads - recognizing SSD

2. Installed Win10 on laptop and it doesn't recognize the mSATA SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed Win10 on laptop and it doesn't recognize the mSATA SSD: I've got a laptop with two SSDs - the main SATA SSD and a small mSATA SSD. I installed Win 10 to the main SSD (Win 10 installer could see both disks). Once Win 10 is installed, it no longer sees the mSATA SSD. In Disk Mgmt, I only see Disk 0 (the main SSD), which is...
  3. Windows 10 isn't recognizing new SSD

Windows 10 isn't recognizing new SSD: Hi! I recently bought a Samsung SSD (860 EVO). I used the Samsung cloning software and cloned my laptop's native SSHD. I then replaced the native drive with the newly cloned SSD, and got the error "Hard Drive - Not Installed". I've tried everything I could to no avail. I...
  4. PC didn't recognize SSD (which has windows on it), so I rolled back the update, which I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC didn't recognize SSD (which has windows on it), so I rolled back the update, which I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GameKnave [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1pvdp/pc_didnt_recognize_ssd_which_has_windows_on_it_so/
  5. after latest update Windows not recognizing external USB SSD Drive

after latest update Windows not recognizing external USB SSD Drive: Hi Windows updated two of my laptops to Evaluation copy. Build 19013.vb_release191025-1609 and now neither of them will work with a Verbatim USB3 External SSD Drive but a conventional USB3 External Drive still works . The light comes on the Drive and then goes off...
  6. M.2 SSD no longer being recognized

M.2 SSD no longer being recognized: Six months or so ago I purchased an M.2 SSD and transferred windows from my old SSD to the new one. I've had no issues up until today but when I tried to boot my computer, windows randomly didn't recognize my SSD. It said reboot and select proper boot device. I've tried...
  7. M.2 SSD no longer being recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    M.2 SSD no longer being recognized: Six months or so ago I purchased an M.2 SSD and transferred windows from my old SSD to the new one. I've had no issues up until today but when I tried to boot my computer, windows randomly didn't recognize my SSD. It said reboot and select proper boot device. I've tried...
  8. SSD cannot be recognized in laptop after putting HDD from dead PC

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD cannot be recognized in laptop after putting HDD from dead PC: Hello, just a quick question from a newbie on the forums, After just recently moving into a new house as of this week, I had dug out a dead Dell laptop that I had used to use last year until one day the motherboard had gotten corroded from water damage. After opening it up...
  9. External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10

External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10: As already someone asked years ago (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-ssd-not-recognized-as-ssd-in-windows-10/70716cb4-34a8-475c-8267-c4a5669beeeb) without any positive fix, I'm here to do the same question again. Why my windows 10 pro x64...
  10. Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS: I purchased a crucial nvme m.2 ssd for my MSI GT73 Titan - It shows in the PCIE section of the BIOS but does not show in disk management - Also does not show up in Crucial's Storage Executive Application. My BIOS is the latest version. Any ideas?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bios not recognizing m.2 ssd

2. usb m.2 drive is not showing in windows flash