Windows 10: Windows not recognizing USB headset/mic

Discus and support Windows not recognizing USB headset/mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had this problem a few months ago on my HP computer and cannot remember where I went to fix the Windows setting. I use a USB headset and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by barb_699, Dec 22, 2018.

1. barb_699 Win User

Windows not recognizing USB headset/mic

I have had this problem a few months ago on my HP computer and cannot remember where I went to fix the Windows setting. I use a USB headset and after I've been on my computer for a while not using the headset, I get the message that "No speakers or headphones are plugged in." When Windows tries to detect the problem, the only 2 devices that show up to detect problems are Realtek High Definition Audio or 1-Digital Display Audio - AMD High Definition Audio Device (HDMI connector). There is no choice for my USB headset any longer.

When this happened before I went to a Windows setting that is defaulted to turn off the device, and I had to default it to not run so it wouldn't turn off. For the life of me, cannot remember and can find no answer.

I hope this makes sense. I know I halfway know what I'm talking about...I know if I restart it will probably fix this but I want to find this setting again. I don't know why it's back to turning it off.

Thanks for your help!

:)

barb_699, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Knocc Out Win User

Headset/mic jacks, soundcard, and USb adapter?

Hello, right now I'm using a Audigy 2 sound card, my speakers connect to it using 1 orange jack going into the digital out port (I think) of the sound card (even though im using analog setting it still works :S), I will soon be buying a headset and am confused as to where I will plug it in, I want to use the headset and mic port at the front of my computer. and I have headset and mic ports on my sound card, but I am worried that as Im using a sound card it will not recognize if I plug it into the front of my PC, also I was wondering how the headsets that come with a USB adapter work, would I be able to get sound if I plug it into my USB at front of the pc?

Knocc Out, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Windows not recognizing USB headset/mic [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Dec 22, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows not recognizing USB headset/mic - Similar Threads - recognizing USB headset

2. My Headset with mic wont be recognized by windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Headset with mic wont be recognized by windows: I recently did an update that from what i believe ruined my audio my headset doesn't get picked up by windows at all, unless i restart my pc.My output only works if i restart my pc and if i unplug my 3.5 mm jack and plug it back in the output doesn't get recognized. My input...
  3. Headset recognized as Mic instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset recognized as Mic instead: I got a new studio headphone Sennheiser brand with no mic. However, when I plugged it in, it's being recognized as a mic instead of as a headphone.I tried looking up on google but they're all for microphones, not headset which frustrated me greatly. So this is my last resort...
  4. Headset recognized as Mic instead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset recognized as Mic instead: I got a new studio headphone Sennheiser brand with no mic. However, when I plugged it in, it's being recognized as a mic instead of as a headphone.I tried looking up on google but they're all for microphones, not headset which frustrated me greatly. So this is my last resort...
  5. Headset recognized as Mic instead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Computer not recognizing headset mic

Computer not recognizing headset mic: Computer: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series model 7570 Headset: Steelseries Arctis 1 wired Issue: When the headset is plugged into the computer, audio comes out just fine, but the computer does not recognize the microphone. It has worked before with this computer, and works...
  7. Headset mic not recognized by laptop.

Headset mic not recognized by laptop.: I use an Arctis 3 Bluetooth headset to use the mic I need to use the 3.5mm female to dual 3.5mm male. My laptop only has one 3.5mm jack so I bought a dual 3.5mm female to 3.5mm male. I connected my headset to the 3.5mm female to dual 3.5 mm male then I connected the two male...
  8. New PC not recognizing headset mic.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC not recognizing headset mic.: I got a new PC and tried using my old headphones on it. I can either have the PC use the headphones as a mic or a speaker but not both. I was able to use both on my old PC. How can i fix this? submitted by /u/69Human69 [link] [comments]...
  9. Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10: Hi All- I've recently been trying to troubleshoot my microphone issue with the Soundcore Liberty Air bluetooth headset. Windows would recognize the device as an audio input, but I could not get it to pick up any signal from the mic. I have no issues when pairing this...
  10. Headset mic isn't recognized on Windows 10

Headset mic isn't recognized on Windows 10: The audio works fine, and it was working great until about a week ago when it mysteriously stopped recognizing my mic at all, which i noticed because it would no longer let me voice chat in a favorite game of mine. Ive since then made the laptop recognize my mic, but it still...