Windows 10: Windows not remembering previous positions and leaving gaps between the edge.

Discus and support Windows not remembering previous positions and leaving gaps between the edge. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I drag the window (software) to the edge to snap-fill on the left. I close the software. I re-open the software. There is a visible gap... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vo_xv, Jan 8, 2020.

1. /u/vo_xv Win User

Windows not remembering previous positions and leaving gaps between the edge.

Windows not remembering previous positions and leaving gaps between the edge. myc6RPqcRFqD-nj9cW4fz3Q55_whyicspJlMp0R0WWE.jpg
    1. I drag the window (software) to the edge to snap-fill on the left.
    2. I close the software.
    3. I re-open the software.
    4. There is a visible gap between the edge of the screen and the software window.

I've tried ShellFolderFix, I've tried right-clicking the window and choosing 'move' and doing it manually with my arrow keys. Tried turning off snap-to-edge functions in the settings. But nothing works. Any known fixes? My Windows 10 is up-to-date.

a huge gap forms when i re-open the software

submitted by /u/vo_xv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vo_xv, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Remember window position?

Two things though:

- at least Edge doesn't spill onto the next monitor when hopping around through repeated opening and closings like Explorer used to!

- also, if the window edge/screen edge margin is very small, Edge will only remember approx. 6 positions:

Windows not remembering previous positions and leaving gaps between the edge. [​IMG]

... if the margin is large, Edge will remember about 20 positions!

Windows not remembering previous positions and leaving gaps between the edge. [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 8, 2020
  3. MesPia Win User
    Nice if Start screen "remembered" its position

This is not really a problem to be solved now, but a suggestion to Microsoft for a future update or version of Windows.

It would be nice if the Start screen remembered its position. For example, if I open the Start screen and scroll down to those applications that start with the letter "W", the next time I open the Start screen, it reverts back to displaying the top of the
    list. It would be nice if it "remembered" I was on "W" and opened at that position.

MesPia, Jan 8, 2020
  4. JIGSAW Win User

Remember window position?

I was referring to Explorer Windows positions .... I don't use/have Edge so can't comment on that *Think

i must still get the new update to see what that breaks *chuckle

JIGSAW, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows not remembering previous positions and leaving gaps between the edge. - Similar Threads - remembering previous positions

2. Gap between taskbar and browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap between taskbar and browser: Hi, as you can see from the screenshot there is a large gap between my taskbar and the browser. The browser is in fullscreen and I can't drag it down. This gap exists for other Apps like Spotify and Discord as well, but it doesn't affect things like fullscreen videos or video...
  3. Gap between taskbar and browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gap between taskbar and browser: Hi, as you can see from the screenshot there is a large gap between my taskbar and the browser. The browser is in fullscreen and I can't drag it down. This gap exists for other Apps like Spotify and Discord as well, but it doesn't affect things like fullscreen videos or video...
  4. Gap between icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap between icons: I do not know what I did…….last thing remember was accidentally pinned a program to the taskbar……then I unpinned it now have this gap in between icons?Any answers thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gap-between-icons/29c0797c-b3ff-40cc-aa73-4993555cb24f
  5. Gap between icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gap between icons: I do not know what I did…….last thing remember was accidentally pinned a program to the taskbar……then I unpinned it now have this gap in between icons?Any answers thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gap-between-icons/29c0797c-b3ff-40cc-aa73-4993555cb24f
  6. Gap between icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Edge has stopped remembering previous download location

in Browsers and Email
    Edge has stopped remembering previous download location: Hi I have noticed since recent updates that Edge will no longer remember the recent download location after one has navigated away from the default Downloads folder and one wishes to add more files to the chosen folder. Edge now continues to default to the Download folder....
  8. Windows snapping leaving gap and white bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows snapping leaving gap and white bar: When I snap a window by hitting it at the top of the screen it will maximize but if I do it again it will leave a gap and a white bar. Also the window is lower than it should be Help? Thanks :)[ATTACH]...
  9. Remember window position?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remember window position?: In every version of Windows 10 I have used, including the most recent official build (and unlike every previous Windows including XP, Vista, 7, 8, etc...) my window positions on the desktop are not remembered (sticky) each time I close the window. Meaning that each time I...
  10. File Explorer window doesn't remember it's previous position

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer window doesn't remember it's previous position: I believe this question has been asked before, so please forgive me for this indulgence. I just migrated with Win 10, a clean install not an upgrade. Every time I open the file explorer, it opens to a location slightly down and to the right. Over a few cycles, the same widow...