Windows 10: windows not responding

Discus and support windows not responding in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, my questions is why is my dell inspiron n5110 running windows ten home constantly freezing with a pop up that says " windows is not responding "... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dmslive, Apr 25, 2017.

1. dmslive Win User

windows not responding

Hi, my questions is why is my dell inspiron n5110 running windows ten home constantly freezing with a pop up that says " windows is not responding " with an inset box that offers " recover web page " Of course I hit recover but it is just constant. It all started after my dell was not recognized for the latest windows update this past Easter. Should I uninstall the update or are there other issues?

Thank you,

Dave

:)

dmslive, Apr 25, 2017

2. IE not responding OR web site not responding on Win.10

1. Do you shut down or restart at least once per day?

2. Might help to occasionally close all IE windows and end any remaining iexplore processes from Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del)

3. Did you try no add-ons mode by disabling individual add-ons or by running
    iexplore.exe -extoff?

4. Internet Options> General tab> Browsing History> Delete> uncheck "Preserve Favorites website data" then delete Temporary Internet Files. No reason, at this time, to delete cookies, history, passwords, etc.

This is actually good preventative maintenance done once per day with 'Preserve Favorites data" checked and about once per week with it unchecked.

Don

Don Varnau, Apr 25, 2017
  3. IE not responding OR web site not responding on Win.10

Hello and thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I have tried these things already and also did them again to be sure and followed the details in your message. I also read down in the message replies and verified once again that I had previously tried all those options.

My first issue was the I kept getting IE not responding error messages with high data pages. Lots of added files and advertising that moves. Then I tried many fixes and at the same time moved to windows explorer and it happened less often. But it still happened
    and became an issue once again and suddenly switched to saying "Facebook" not responding or whatever web site I was on at the time. It now blames the web site rather than the browser. I have reset IE11 and tried running without addon's and unchecked and checked
    boxes and tried every fix I could find by rigorous hours of web research to fix this issue. I also updated all programs and sprinkled holy water at it's feet LOL...

The issue remains.

JerryDanowski, Apr 25, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

windows not responding

So you tried to install the Creator`s Update and it failed ?

Do you have any restore points ?

I would try restoring back to a time before the problem started.

You could also run a system file check but it will most likely come up clean.

AddRAM, Apr 25, 2017
Thema:

windows not responding

1. windows not responding - Similar Threads - responding

2. Desktop and apps not responding to mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and apps not responding to mouse: I've had this problem happen a few times now when I'm doing work or any other activity. My apps stop responding to my mouse: discord cannot be interacted with nor my desktop shortcuts nor even windows taskbar. I can use the keyboard shortcuts to open task manager and there I...
  3. Desktop and apps not responding to mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and apps not responding to mouse: I've had this problem happen a few times now when I'm doing work or any other activity. My apps stop responding to my mouse: discord cannot be interacted with nor my desktop shortcuts nor even windows taskbar. I can use the keyboard shortcuts to open task manager and there I...
  4. keyboard problem where it is not responding while clicking any key mousepad and bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard problem where it is not responding while clicking any key mousepad and bluetooth...: Is there any possible solution to fix it or troubleshoot it to get where the problem is located? I have use lenovo vantage to scan and it has no problem, so I am wondering why. Solution used:1. Try to update keyboard driver2. Try to reinstall keyboard driver3. Advanced...
  5. keyboard problem where it is not responding while clicking any key mousepad and bluetooth...

keyboard problem where it is not responding while clicking any key mousepad and bluetooth...: Is there any possible solution to fix it or troubleshoot it to get where the problem is located? I have use lenovo vantage to scan and it has no problem, so I am wondering why. Solution used:1. Try to update keyboard driver2. Try to reinstall keyboard driver3. Advanced...
  6. DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it?: DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-is-not-responding-in-windows-10-pro/fc137db6-89e7-4792-86a0-5d5fd830cc6d
  7. DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it?

DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it?: DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-is-not-responding-in-windows-10-pro/fc137db6-89e7-4792-86a0-5d5fd830cc6d
  8. DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Por que o mouse não responde?

Por que o mouse não responde?: HelloI'm trying to connect my mouse to my notebook without success. I've updated the drivers, restarted and nothing worked.From what I've seen of the drivers, it says they are working correctly and the computer notifies you, but it still doesn't work. The mouse brand is from...
  10. Por que o mouse não responde?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Por que o mouse não responde?: HelloI'm trying to connect my mouse to my notebook without success. I've updated the drivers, restarted and nothing worked.From what I've seen of the drivers, it says they are working correctly and the computer notifies you, but it still doesn't work. The mouse brand is from...