Windows 10: windows not running right no IE, Notifications tab, no start button opening...Help any...

Discus and support windows not running right no IE, Notifications tab, no start button opening...Help any... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone I had a internet explorer problem, It just closes when I click on Microsoft edge icon, also same thing with notifications icon at bottem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NEOTHE1LLC, Jul 3, 2019.

1. windows not running right no IE, Notifications tab, no start button opening...Help any...

Hello everyone I had a internet explorer problem, It just closes when I click on Microsoft edge icon, also same thing with notifications icon at bottem right, and the start button also nothing.. I seen a possiable fix it said to type in search IExplore.exe -nohome something like that and IE opened and I can do searches but I don't know how to get all the other fuctions up and running again and Microsoft edge is still not able to open if I click on it, I have tried to restart, re enstall, fresh start, safe mode, ALOT of fixes and nothing I do get an pop upevery once in a while (installer.exe- Bad image ) C;windows\system32\oleacc.dll error status 0xc000020 also have had RtkNGUI64.exe- Bad Image error code also 0xc000020 and OLEACC.dll error status

0xc000012 I first had to reinstall driver for graphics card then I was able to get to these pop ups (amd Radeon RX 560 series ) Cyber power pc It is only used to play 2 games nothing else and was fine 3 days ago, I have no restore point to go back to, do I maybe have to install the dll files for each pop up

error, any suggestions would be great im stumped please help....Kids are driving me crazy with out FORTNITE....Ps epix game launcher loads and is fine but fortnite will not load up all the way if that helps... thank you Windows 10

* Moved from IE10/Windows(other)

:)

NEOTHE1LLC, Jul 3, 2019

2. Start Menu, Start Bar, Notifications and Alt+Tab not working

Hi all,

I have had this problem for several weeks now. I think it may have been introduced during an Update in December.

The symptoms of the issue include:

• Start menu is broken
      • Button can be hovered over (animation), but cannot be clicked or right clicked.
    • Windows Explorer is very slow to open
    • Alt + Tab does not work
    • Certain applications break
      • Including Slack, Discord and Steam. Maybe others too but these ones just will not open or are totally frozen on whatever "Frame" they have last rendered.
    • The notifications panel (bottom right next to the clock) will not open
    • The calendar will not open
    • Any settings menu that follows the Windows 10 theme will not open
      • Example "Settings" opens but sits on the blue window with the cog in the middle, never loading fully.
    To try and resolve this I have taken many steps.

Steps taken:

• Opening the command line and typing sfc /scannow
    • Creating a new Windows user copying all of my files across, deleting the old user and signing into the new user with my microsoft account.
      • As executed by Support Agent 1.
    • Repaired windows downloading the Windows 10 iso as executed by Support agents 2 and 3.
    • Ensured Windows 10 is up-to-date with the latest version.
    • Ensured all other drivers are up to date.

The issue is still persisting and at this point it's looking like I may have to format the drive and reinstall everything - not something I want to do as my internet if fairly slow for downloading all my programs, and I also use this PC for work so would
    rather not have to potentially take time out of my work schedule.

Does anyone have any suggestions that might fix this, or will Windows be patching this issue?

Thanks

AgentMilkshake1, Jul 3, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jul 3, 2019
  4. neilpzz Win User

windows not running right no IE, Notifications tab, no start button opening...Help any...

Right click start button

I've just noticed if I right click the start button that only the run command will respond. Nothing happens when I select any other items in the list. Any ideas any one.??

It has been working fine so I'm not sure when it stopped. Using the run command I can open control panel and then everything I can access from there works as expected. Task manager will open if I right click the taskbar and select it from there. Using notifications
    and settings works also. It just seems to be the items on the start button right click menu.

This is an upgrade from Windows 7 about a week ago and is activated. I have restarted a number of times but it's still the same.

[edit]

I've tried sfc /scannow no problems found.

neilpzz, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

windows not running right no IE, Notifications tab, no start button opening...Help any...

1. windows not running right no IE, Notifications tab, no start button opening...Help any... - Similar Threads - running right Notifications

2. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  3. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  4. Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working: Hello,In last 2 months I have a strange problem with 4 different computers, where start and notification button stop working. All for computers have common this things:- Domain computer- Windows 10 21H2- Office 2021 Home and Business-...
  5. Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working: Hello,In last 2 months I have a strange problem with 4 different computers, where start and notification button stop working. All for computers have common this things:- Domain computer- Windows 10 21H2- Office 2021 Home and Business-...
  6. Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working

7. cant run Windows terminal in "start"button's right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant run Windows terminal in "start"button's right-click menu: when i click “terminal” in "start button right-click menu",its just nothing happensif i choose the one with administrator mode,it shows a “wt.exe”UAC window,after clicking“yes”,nothing happens.win+r and run wt.exe,nothing happensif just click “terminal” in start menu or use...
  8. cant run Windows terminal in "start"button's right-click menu

cant run Windows terminal in "start"button's right-click menu: when i click “terminal” in "start button right-click menu",its just nothing happensif i choose the one with administrator mode,it shows a “wt.exe”UAC window,after clicking“yes”,nothing happens.win+r and run wt.exe,nothing happensif just click “terminal” in start menu or use...
  9. Windows button won’t open the tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows button won’t open the tab: At first my bluetooth can’t be turned on there’s no button to switch it so I searched for solutions so I updated my windows. Afterwards when I’’ clicking my windows button on the keyboard, the windows tab won’t open same with the one on the screen. I already tried sfc...
  10. Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools: Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools unless Run and search. If i click cmd/Task manager or other is not opening after anniversary update. SFC/scannow and Dism find no problems. Is there someway to fix it without clean install? Edit: Ok i find...