Windows 10: Windows not showing on my screen after booting

Discus and support Windows not showing on my screen after booting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I have an HP desktop pc. I turn on the computer, the hp logo appears with the loading circle beneath it, and then after everything boots, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ryan_Choi, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Ryan_Choi Win User

Windows not showing on my screen after booting

Hi

I have an HP desktop pc. I turn on the computer, the hp logo appears with the loading circle beneath it, and then after everything boots, the monitor screen goes grey like the screen you see after turning on the monitor while the pc is off. I still had a hunch that I was probably on the login screen, so I pressed enter and typed in my password despite the fact the screen wasn't showing anything. After I entered my password, the screen goes black when it is supposed to show my desktop. I would usually have to hold the power button of the pc until it shuts down and turn it back on again which would fix the problem, but it would occur again the next time I turn on my pc. The problem also happens when I wake my computer up from sleep mode. I am looking forward to your solutions.

Thanks

:)

Ryan_Choi, Jul 26, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jul 26, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Wingo101 Win User

Windows Vista Startup Problem ( Dual Boot)

I've got a dual boot set up on my computer, with Windows XP Professional 32bit & Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I haven't booted into Vista for quite some time now because I get better performance from XP. But now, if I try to boot into Vista, it goes through until after the Welcome screen & just gets stuck on a black screen with the pointer showing.

I have tried repairing the startup using the Vista CD.

Any suggestions?

Wingo101, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows not showing on my screen after booting - Similar Threads - showing screen booting

2. MY COMPUTER IS SHOWING A BLACK SCREEN INSTEAD OF A LOGIN SCREEN AFTER LOGGING OFF!!!!!!!!!!...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    MY COMPUTER IS SHOWING A BLACK SCREEN INSTEAD OF A LOGIN SCREEN AFTER LOGGING OFF!!!!!!!!!!...: I tried to log off my computer and a black screen is shown instead of the logon screen, I get shocked because of that scary black screen and I hold the power button to turn it off and later, I tap the power button to turn it on and Windows started normally on my computer....
  3. After Windows update 1903 my PC does not boot and there is no cursor on the screen....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows update 1903 my PC does not boot and there is no cursor on the screen....: After running the 1903 Windows update on my Lenovo 90B8 (H30-50 ES) last night the PC is not working. I left it running at 11pm and at 7am this morning it was simply showing the Lenovo logo on a black background. The PC was completely unresponsive if I pressed any keyboard...
  4. Not booting with blank screen after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not booting with blank screen after Windows update: When I turn on my laptop (Acer Aspire ES1-572-31XL) I hear the fans running, hard drive starting, and I see the LED light come on, but I have a completely black screen. When I press F2 or F8 to go into BIOS it doesn't work and I don't see the Acer logo later in it's just...
  5. Black screen after cold boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after cold boot: After a cold boot I get a black screen with no mouse pointer. The computer powers up and the monitor comes on but the manufacturer's logo doesn't show and nothing else appears. After repeatedly powering off (holding power button down) and retrying 5 or 6 times it eventually...
  6. Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update: Hi, I updated to KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) yesterday and now when my pc boots the brand name comes up, then the screen flashes of and on and the brand name is back up again and normal boot resumes. Anyone else see this occurrence or have any ideas? 116073
  7. Black screen after each boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after each boot: I installed Windows 10 yesterday but had to return back to Win 7 because the driver problems crashed the whole system. Basically what happened was that I was stuck at black screen after every boot and got back only when going to sleep-mode through power button and back. I...
  8. My computer is not showing the screen on boot up.

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer is not showing the screen on boot up.: When I power on my iView maximus 2, it does not show a screen. I was in the bios disabling some stuff because I did have some other problems, I disabled the internal graphics driver by accident*Sad. How can I re-enable that with a black screen and I can't see anything....
  9. Icons not showing at boot up Black Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons not showing at boot up Black Screen: Hello Guys and gals, I have noticed recently that I am getting a black screen when i boot up my machine, this did not use to happen ( prior to the fall updates ) and I have to reboot to get the icons to show up, anyone has any idea why this is happening? for some reason, i...
  10. Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10: I have a dell insperation and after having upgraded to windows 10, I came across a few issues. The update when well and windows 10 is working on my laptop, however, I have an issue where I am presented with a black screen when i start my computer. I do see a dell screen and a...