Windows 10: Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar

Discus and support Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm not sure why, but my taskbar doesn't show the thumbnail previews when there are multiple of the same window open. It shows the thumbnail preview if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mashimaro7, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar

I'm not sure why, but my taskbar doesn't show the thumbnail previews when there are multiple of the same window open. It shows the thumbnail preview if there's only one, but if there's two it just shows titles, like thisIt used to show them until recently, i think they disappeared when i installed an update?How do i get the full thumbnails back? I checked in the visual effects settings, and they're all turned on...Thanks.

:)

Mashimaro7, Jan 14, 2022

2. Taskbar not showing thumbnail preview.

Since last BIG Windows 10 update, my Taskbar is not Showing Thumbnail Previews

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access

PeterHewes, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews?

Hello dismas, *Smile

This would be from the taskbar threshold limit to show a list instead of thumbnails. You can change the threshold limit using the tutorial below to increase it. Setting it to "0" (zero) will always show thumbnails.

Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10

Brink, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar

Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview?

Hey there,

I was just searching the internet for ways to disable the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10, and I found one that half-worked (only some apps use list view instead of thumbnails). I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable the preview?
    I am alright editing the registry.

Thanks,

Pointy

PointlessnessSteam, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar

1. Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar - Similar Threads - Showing Thumbnail Previews

2. Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck: Thank you for your time...Taskbar thumbnail preview is stuck and doesn't hide when the mouse is moved away or clicked somewhere else on the screen.You can see in the screenshot that I've double clicked on the word "screen" yet the Taskbar previews are still open.Similar...
  3. Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar: I'm not sure why, but my taskbar doesn't show the thumbnail previews when there are multiple of the same window open. It shows the thumbnail preview if there's only one, but if there's two it just shows titles, like thisIt used to show them until recently, i think they...
  4. Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar: I'm not sure why, but my taskbar doesn't show the thumbnail previews when there are multiple of the same window open. It shows the thumbnail preview if there's only one, but if there's two it just shows titles, like thisIt used to show them until recently, i think they...
  5. Taskbar thumbnail hover preview not showing

Taskbar thumbnail hover preview not showing: So today when i hovered over a window with two tabs it is no longer showing me the thumbnail preview. What is going on please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-hover-preview-not-showing/8dde1ed5-e2c1-4304-9de1-b349d2f597a3
  6. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews: For some unknown reason my taskbar thumbnail previews have suddenly disappeared. Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get them back. Something simple caused it - something simple will cure it 172523
  7. How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews?: Normally taskbar thumbnail previews are shown when there's not too many windows open, as seen below: [img] However if there's too many windows, thumbnail previews are no longer shown: [img] Is there a way to always show thumbnail previews, even if I have more than ~15...
  8. taskbar thumbnail preview

taskbar thumbnail preview: I can't see the preview of any app when i hover my cursor over them in taskbar.how to fix this problem please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-preview/fd8413c8-6f57-4474-9527-c0b4355efb83
  9. taskbar thumbnail previews not updating...

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar thumbnail previews not updating...: I've noticed that the thumbnail previews on my taskbar are not updating; if I'm using a word file, for example, the thumbnail shows the beginning of the document, even if I have been working on page 7. Similarly, the thumbnails for webpages always show the top of the page,...
  10. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging: I included a screenshot below of the thing I'm referring to, because I've never been told what the actual name of it is. Basically if Windows has been running a long time, the thumbnail previews for windows (from the taskbar) start to hang indefinitely until I click on...