Windows 10: Windows not showing up usb menus automatically

Discus and support Windows not showing up usb menus automatically in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 11 Pro 64 bit and my pc has many usb ports, recently, when I try to plug some usbs, it does not detect it that well, I have to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Son Nguyen vn, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Windows not showing up usb menus automatically

Hi, I'm using Windows 11 Pro 64 bit and my pc has many usb ports, recently, when I try to plug some usbs, it does not detect it that well, I have to go to Device Manager and Scan for Hardware changes, it does work with some, not all of them, can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.Winver info:Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.608

:)

Son Nguyen vn, Oct 3, 2022
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Oct 3, 2022
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 3, 2022
  4. Mala_S Win User

Windows not showing up usb menus automatically

USB ports not working in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. Do you see any error in the device manager when the USB is connected?

Before we troubleshoot on the issue, I would suggest you to check if the USB devices work on a different computer. If it does, kindly try the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the steps to diagnose and repair the USB ports from the article -
    Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Method 2: Update USB controllers.

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Narrow down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and update all the USB drivers.
    • To update the drivers, right click on the each driver and select
      Update driver
    • If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall all the USB drivers from the Device Manager.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB root hubs that you uninstalled.

Method 3: Disable Selective Suspend feature.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose ‘Power Options’. Click
      ‘Change Plan Setting’ on your current plan.
    • Choose ‘Change Advanced Power Setting’ on the chosen plan.
    • Disable ‘USB Selective Suspend Setting’ under
      ‘USB Settings’

If the issue persists, identify if the USB drive is listed in Disk Management. To do that,

• Right-click on Windows icon and select Disk management and find if the USB drive shows up there.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

Windows not showing up usb menus automatically

1. Windows not showing up usb menus automatically - Similar Threads - showing usb menus

2. My Wifi and Bluetooth menus wont show up at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wifi and Bluetooth menus wont show up at all: i've even fully reset my laptop and it still wont work, i cant even access the tab its just gone and wont appearany tips?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-and-bluetooth-menus-wont-show-up-at-all/9271ca61-2ec3-47c5-8bf4-167375d12c62
  3. My Wifi and Bluetooth menus wont show up at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Wifi and Bluetooth menus wont show up at all: i've even fully reset my laptop and it still wont work, i cant even access the tab its just gone and wont appearany tips?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-and-bluetooth-menus-wont-show-up-at-all/9271ca61-2ec3-47c5-8bf4-167375d12c62
  4. Windows not showing up usb menus automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not showing up usb menus automatically: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 Pro 64 bit and my pc has many usb ports, recently, when I try to plug some usbs, it does not detect it that well, I have to go to Device Manager and Scan for Hardware changes, it does work with some, not all of them, can anyone help me? Thanks in...
  5. USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?: Hi, On a W10 pc, any way of having a USB Stick when plugged in show up immediately and automatically on desktop (like it does on a MAC) ? B. 183382
  6. USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Stick Showing Up When Plugged In On Desktop Automatically ?: Hi, On a W10 pc, any way of having a USB Stick when plugged in show up immediately and automatically on desktop (like it does on a MAC) ? B. 183382
  7. USB not showing up.

USB not showing up.: Hey, if anyone can help with this problem of mine, that would be great. I'm on Windows 10 with a Surface. I have an ExtremePro USB3.1 Type-C hard disk box. It was working perfectly fine until it fell off my bed and seemed to have disconnected from my cable. Ever since then,...
  8. Automatic Scrolling Left/Up in Menus

Automatic Scrolling Left/Up in Menus: Good afternoon, I recently started having an issue with Windows 10. Certain menus, scrollbars, option lists etc, will scroll automatically, either up or to the left. I've done a lot of research on this and have tried every common solution I can find short of reinstalling...
  9. Show shadows under windows, but not menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show shadows under windows, but not menus: I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'll bite anyway: Is there a possibility to have shadows under windows (as per the checkbox in the Advanced System Settings), but not menus? Is there a registry hack or utility that will allow for such an option? [img]...
  10. Show shadows under windows, but not menus

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Show shadows under windows, but not menus: I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'll bite anyway: Is there a possibility to have shadows under windows (as per the checkbox in the Advanced System Settings), but not menus? Is there a registry hack or utility that will allow for such an option? [img]...