Windows 10: Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly

Discus and support Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded ddr4 ram in my desktop pc and afterwards it strated not shutting down or restarting correctly. When doing either the screen turns off but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TylarP, Nov 5, 2021.

1. TylarP Win User

Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly

I upgraded ddr4 ram in my desktop pc and afterwards it strated not shutting down or restarting correctly. When doing either the screen turns off but the lights and fans keep running. It stays like that unless i hold the power button down and force it to turn off. I have already reset windows locally and rolled back the graphics drivers as it is an apu.

:)

TylarP, Nov 5, 2021
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly :confused:*Mad Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Nov 6, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 6, 2021
  4. Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly

little cat, Nov 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly

1. Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly - Similar Threads - shutting down restarting

2. Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to...: Most of the time when restarting or shutting down my laptop, i am encountering issues with failure blue screen with sad smile, recovery blue screen.I have alot of issues with Windows 11 since the day i bough new laptop. After not even a year i decided to contact Windows...
  3. Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to...: Most of the time when restarting or shutting down my laptop, i am encountering issues with failure blue screen with sad smile, recovery blue screen.I have alot of issues with Windows 11 since the day i bough new laptop. After not even a year i decided to contact Windows...
  4. Cant shut down correctly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant shut down correctly: Hi I have a problem I can't shutdown my pc when I do it shows its shutting down but turns on again it is same with hibernate and sleep it is as if restarting somebody pls help...
  5. Cant shut down correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant shut down correctly: Hi I have a problem I can't shutdown my pc when I do it shows its shutting down but turns on again it is same with hibernate and sleep it is as if restarting somebody pls help...
  6. Cant shut down correctly

7. Restart + Shutting down

Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  8. Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly

Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly: I upgraded ddr4 ram in my desktop pc and afterwards it strated not shutting down or restarting correctly. When doing either the screen turns off but the lights and fans keep running. It stays like that unless i hold the power button down and force it to turn off. I have...
  9. Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly: I upgraded ddr4 ram in my desktop pc and afterwards it strated not shutting down or restarting correctly. When doing either the screen turns off but the lights and fans keep running. It stays like that unless i hold the power button down and force it to turn off. I have...
  10. Pc will not restart or shut down correctly

Pc will not restart or shut down correctly: Hello, I have recently upgraded my cpu so needed a new motherboard and ram too.I have Intel i7 10700k and an MSI Z490-a pro motherboard and 16gb DDR4 3200mhz ram.I have updated bios and latest windows update installed.Whenever I try restarting or shutting down my pc it...