Windows 10: Windows not shutting down since the recent upgrade

Discus and support Windows not shutting down since the recent upgrade in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 not shutting down properly since the recent upgrade. It starts shutting down, it displays 'shutting down' then screen goes black, power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mohan530, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Mohan530 Win User

Windows not shutting down since the recent upgrade

Windows 10 not shutting down properly since the recent upgrade. It starts shutting down, it displays 'shutting down' then screen goes black, power light stays on and it doesn't shut down.

:)

Mohan530, Oct 10, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Windows not shutting down since the recent upgrade

eidairaman1, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows not shutting down since the recent upgrade

1. Windows not shutting down since the recent upgrade - Similar Threads - shutting down since

2. shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shut down: hi i wanted to ask if there is a fix to this problem of mine. when i'm turning my laptop on after shutting down it reopens tabs that i left while shutting down and it starts to lag a little, while opening these tabs and files. i checked and it does not go to sleep when i shut...
  3. how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.: the game will not shut down . it keeps running, it will not uninstall because it is running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-shut-down-a-prog-that-will-not-shut-down/dd492b73-69a0-426f-b090-adf83a9cda2b"
  4. shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shutting down: hi there i'm having a trouble with shutting down my system when i press shut down, the shutting down screen appears then screen goes off but my hdd and power lights remain on this takes 10 minuets then restart happens please help...
  5. After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down: after installing the latest update, my laptop wont stay powered on. Most of the time i power it up and it turns off after a few seconds. Sometimes it will show the MSI logo and go a little further, but it still powers off. It made it to the “windows is installing...
  6. Windows will not shut down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows will not shut down.: It just says this app is preventing shutdown, but no name is given. Anyone know what this problem is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-will-not-shut-down/2ba12602-7c36-43a5-9d70-64bf5008a5b0
  7. shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    shut down: My laptop is not shutting down nor the cursor is moving from its place. Task manager is also not opening now how should I shut down 69273
  8. Shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down: When I shut down Windows 8.1 the connect light on the Router stays lite.On windows 10 preview when shut down the connect goes out. Is this normal ? Does windows 10 shut down more of the computer then Windows 8.1 ? 3890
  9. Shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down: Why is there only 1 place to shut down??????????????? 33605
  10. Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut Down: When I boot win 10 it runs for a few minutes then shuts down. No BOSD. Reboot & everything is OK! I can press & hold the start button until the light goes out & reboot again & again, but if a shut for a long period it happens again! One of the fixes is to run a command...