Windows 10: Windows not shutting down since the recent upgrade

Discus and support Windows not shutting down since the recent upgrade in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 not shutting down properly since the recent upgrade. It starts shutting down, it displays 'shutting down' then screen goes black, power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mohan530, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Mohan530 Win User

Windows not shutting down since the recent upgrade

Windows 10 not shutting down properly since the recent upgrade. It starts shutting down, it displays 'shutting down' then screen goes black, power light stays on and it doesn't shut down.

:)

Mohan530, Oct 10, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Windows not shutting down since the recent upgrade

eidairaman1, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows not shutting down since the recent upgrade

1. Windows not shutting down since the recent upgrade - Similar Threads - shutting down since

2. Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down: Hi,a few days ago, I upgraded a PC from Win 7 to Win 10. I also swapped Nvidia GTX 750 Ti for an Nvidia GTX 960. Everything looked in order and functioned well until I tried to shut the PC down. The Shutdown button in the Start menu just does nothing. Same goes for the...
  3. Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down: Hi,a few days ago, I upgraded a PC from Win 7 to Win 10. I also swapped Nvidia GTX 750 Ti for an Nvidia GTX 960. Everything looked in order and functioned well until I tried to shut the PC down. The Shutdown button in the Start menu just does nothing. Same goes for the...
  4. Recently upgraded Win 10 PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Since when did Shut down and Restart stop actually shutting down or restarting the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since when did Shut down and Restart stop actually shutting down or restarting the...: Road to hell is paved with good intentions? How thought this was a good idea? If I shut down and reboot, I shouldn't be able to see all the damn applications I had open when I launch it back up. That's not shut down. Sometimes when I boot, something gets borked and I can't...
  6. missing iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll since recent upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    missing iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll since recent upgrade: why does this keep on appearing [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-iastorafsserviceapidll-since-recent/241c5493-b505-42c0-af21-da2eac96ab02
  7. PC shutting down at random since KB4541335.

PC shutting down at random since KB4541335.: Hello. I have a big problem with my PC. Since I installed KB4541335 I am getting unexpected shutdowns. My system is: Athlon X4 845 8GB RAM Biostar Motherboard Various AMD GPU's RX560, RX580 and R7 260X - I've been on a buying binge at the moment. 2 x SSD's and one...
  8. Assistance With a Couple Recent BSODs Since Upgrading

Assistance With a Couple Recent BSODs Since Upgrading: I've gotten a couple of crashes in the week or two that I've been running win10. The first was a typical looking one, but the 2nd was a new-look windows 10 style and it said "critical process died". Very descriptive, huh. So I ran the V2 collector to gather some of the dump...
  9. Windows 10 randomly shuts down since December

Windows 10 randomly shuts down since December: Running Windows 10 Home 64 bit v 1903 with 8GB RAM. Everything was fine until December just gone when the PC would suddenly shut down - no blue screen or freezing, it would just shut down. Upon restart, there are no error messages and everything is working fine again, other...
  10. PC not shutting down since update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not shutting down since update: My windows 10 PC has been running perfectly fine for the last 4 years. Two weeks ago it did a small update and now my PC refuses to shutdown, it just enters sleep mode. I have run sfc and DISM. I have turned off fast start up and and set the sleep option in power settings to...