Windows 10: windows not shutting down

Discus and support windows not shutting down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I go to start -> power -> shut down, my PC does nothing. Then a random amount of time later, from 20 minutes to hours, my PC will randomly shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TazerXI, Jan 6, 2021.

1. TazerXI Win User

windows not shutting down

When I go to start -> power -> shut down, my PC does nothing. Then a random amount of time later, from 20 minutes to hours, my PC will randomly shut down, then stay on the blue screen with "shutting down" and a spinning circle on it until I hold down my power button for 5 seconds. I have contacted Microsoft support twice, and after turning off fast startup, running the disk check command and power troubleshooter, a windows reset, and more disk checks and turning off fast startup, the issue still persists. I have only had this PC for not even 2 weeks at this point and I don't want to have to hold down my power button for 5 seconds every time I turn off my PC for fear it will corrupt some files of something.

Can somebody help me please?

Edit: also, when it does not shut down, if I go to task manager -> processes my C: drive does not show up, only one of my usb drives specifically drive E which and none of my other usb drives. They show up on file explorer though.

:)

TazerXI, Jan 6, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. windows not shutting down - Similar Threads - shutting down

2. Shut down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down Unexpectedly: Computer has been freezing and then shutting down randomly not sure what is causing it Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff802420fb320Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS...
  3. Shut down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down Unexpectedly: Computer has been freezing and then shutting down randomly not sure what is causing it Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff802420fb320Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS...
  4. Shut down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs: BSOD's have all different messages. Obviously, shutdowns have no message. Sometimes it stays running for half an hour, sometimes it makes it 12 hours. I've looked around these forums trying to figure out what to do and it seems like the answer is always to post a link to the...
  6. constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs

constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs: BSOD's have all different messages. Obviously, shutdowns have no message. Sometimes it stays running for half an hour, sometimes it makes it 12 hours. I've looked around these forums trying to figure out what to do and it seems like the answer is always to post a link to the...
  7. PC shutting down randomly. Event viewer Kernal Power 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutting down randomly. Event viewer Kernal Power 41: I have a EVGA GeForce RTX 3070. The PC shutdowns when I play small application games like Minecraft, battle bit, Roblox, indie games etc. etc. but when I play big games like call of duty, battlefield, triple AAA games the shutdown won't happen. thermal paste on the AIO cooler...
  8. PC shutting down randomly. Event viewer Kernal Power 41

PC shutting down randomly. Event viewer Kernal Power 41: I have a EVGA GeForce RTX 3070. The PC shutdowns when I play small application games like Minecraft, battle bit, Roblox, indie games etc. etc. but when I play big games like call of duty, battlefield, triple AAA games the shutdown won't happen. thermal paste on the AIO cooler...
  9. PC shutting down randomly. Event viewer Kernal Power 41

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. How to stop shut down menu delaying?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop shut down menu delaying?: I have a habit of closing apps and shutting my laptop off with Alt + F4. I used to be able to access the shut down menu immediately after closing all apps just by using Alt + F4 continuously. But recently about 2 months now, after closing all apps with Alt + F4, I have to...