Windows 10: Windows not starting up apps or task bar

Discus and support Windows not starting up apps or task bar in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, i reatarted my computer since i i ke disconnecting whenever i would play a multiplayer game, but when i load up the computer, no apps are loading,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MjHenrik13, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Windows not starting up apps or task bar

So, i reatarted my computer since i i ke disconnecting whenever i would play a multiplayer game, but when i load up the computer, no apps are loading, along with the task bar. I have searched up the problem on Google and found no results. Every time i would click the task bar it would go black, then my screen would go black for half a second and it would return to its original state before i clicked it. I have tried multiple times to open task manager, but my cursor would just show the loading symbol, then do nothing.

:)

MjHenrik13, Sep 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Unable to access Start menu, Search bar, notification buttons on Task bar after install the Update KB3139907 on Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for responding.

We are glad to know that you are able to access Search bar and notification center after performing the above troubleshooting steps.

For the issues with Start menu, try the below steps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the below PowerShell command to re-register Start menu and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Right click on the Taskbar and select
      Task Manager
      from the context menu.

• In the Task Manager window, click on
      File
      and on Run new task.

• Type powershell, place a check mark on
      Create this task with administrative privileges
      and click Ok.

• In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, carefully type the below command and hit Enter key from the keyboard.

• Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
    5. Once the command execution is completed successfully, close the PowerShell window and reboot/ restart the computer.

NOTE: When you are running the PowerShell command, I recommend you to close all the apps on your system and try.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Windows not starting up apps or task bar

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows not starting up apps or task bar

1. Windows not starting up apps or task bar - Similar Threads - starting apps task

2. Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding: Whenever I try clicking the window start, it won't open, same with the search bar and task bar. I try opening settings and it is also not responding after trying various methods....
  3. Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding: Whenever I try clicking the window start, it won't open, same with the search bar and task bar. I try opening settings and it is also not responding after trying various methods....
  4. App Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Task Bar: At work, I am able to shrink multi-open apps from the top to bottom taskbar and then grab them as I need. I can't figure out how to do this on my laptop or if it's even an option. I hope that makes sense. I'm only a middle-of-the-road user and some of these settings and how...
  5. App Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Task Bar: At work, I am able to shrink multi-open apps from the top to bottom taskbar and then grab them as I need. I can't figure out how to do this on my laptop or if it's even an option. I hope that makes sense. I'm only a middle-of-the-road user and some of these settings and how...
  6. Task Bar Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Apps: In Windows 11 environment the apps Start and search do not function well. Clicking the start search window will open and flicker like anything.Any Help in this regard ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-apps/bfa9f6eb-54cd-4d97-99fd-0a57288cb9f1
  7. Task Bar Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Apps: In Windows 11 environment the apps Start and search do not function well. Clicking the start search window will open and flicker like anything.Any Help in this regard ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-apps/bfa9f6eb-54cd-4d97-99fd-0a57288cb9f1
  8. Frozen task bar on start up

Frozen task bar on start up: Video of the situation, so i turn my comp on then once i log in it goes slow then i have to click the task bar as you can see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av1f_pvaUGM...
  9. Failure of microsoft apps, start menu and task bar

Failure of microsoft apps, start menu and task bar: I'm unable to use none of the microsoft apps ,the task bar ,the start menu has stopped working and I'm facing this problem since couple of months. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work....
  10. Task bar, and start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task bar, and start: can't find my task bar or start menu. Not very computer savvy make it as simple as possible. Thanks, Toom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/task-bar-and-start/80fe8b4a-d7cc-4679-9739-7816ebf4b969