Windows 10: Windows not starting up properly and flickering screen

Discus and support Windows not starting up properly and flickering screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, so recently I was watching netflix when all of a sudden my entire pc somewhat just went into sleep mode and wouldnt leave sleep mode so I shut it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Matej Dimitrovski, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Windows not starting up properly and flickering screen

Hi, so recently I was watching netflix when all of a sudden my entire pc somewhat just went into sleep mode and wouldnt leave sleep mode so I shut it off. Upon restarting, it took an unusually long time to restart my pc and when it finally restarted, the entire screen was flickering and there were no desktop or taskbar icons. I tried a couple things which didnt end up working but eventually restarted my pc into safe mode with networking and rolled back my graphics driver. When I restarted my pc, it was back to normal other than the fact that it felt very choppy since it was running a default microsoft driver. I went to update my driver to the newest version to see if it would fix my problem but it instead went back to the flickering, unresponsive desktop. My graphics card is an AMD 6800XT and I would appreciate any help whatsoever. I can provide more info if needed, just really want to see this fixed. What do I do???

:)

Matej Dimitrovski, Mar 4, 2021
  2. SUI
    Sui Win User

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Windows not starting up properly and flickering screen

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows not starting up properly and flickering screen

1. Windows not starting up properly and flickering screen - Similar Threads - starting properly flickering

2. Screen Flickering start up page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering start up page: My windows computer surface was just fine until after when I came back. When I started it up it kept flickering and lagging. I tried to restart it but it didn't work. Furthermore it actually showed the start up page when you login. Any help or solutions?...
  3. Screen Flickering start up page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering start up page: My windows computer surface was just fine until after when I came back. When I started it up it kept flickering and lagging. I tried to restart it but it didn't work. Furthermore it actually showed the start up page when you login. Any help or solutions?...
  4. Screen Flickering start up page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen flickering on start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering on start-up: Hello,I'm running a double screen setup, one on displayport and one on HDMI, they're also different versions of ASUS screens, with the displayport on a ASUS VG249Q1R and the HDMI on a ASUS VN247. On windows 11.My issue is that whenever the computer goes to sleep and I wake it...
  6. Screen flickering on start-up

Screen flickering on start-up: Hello,I'm running a double screen setup, one on displayport and one on HDMI, they're also different versions of ASUS screens, with the displayport on a ASUS VG249Q1R and the HDMI on a ASUS VN247. On windows 11.My issue is that whenever the computer goes to sleep and I wake it...
  7. Windows not starting up properly

Windows not starting up properly: Hello, so I have an older laptop with windows 10 and almost everytime I start it up, windows just wont load- even the brand logo won't show up and I know it's not a problem with my screen, because when I press power button, it shuts down immidiately, usually I have to hold...
  8. Windows not starting up properly

Windows not starting up properly: Hello, so I have an older laptop with windows 10 and almost everytime I start it up, windows just wont load- even the brand logo won't show up and I know it's not a problem with my screen, because when I press power button, it shuts down immidiately, usually I have to hold...
  9. Windows start up flickering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows start up flickering: On start up after signing in, the screen goes black and the task bar starts flickering. I can’t figure out what’s wrong or how to fix. Please help! submitted by /u/GrandOat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0fdf6/windows_start_up_flickering/
  10. Screen starts flickering

Screen starts flickering: My laptop was overheated and I think this caused the issue. Currently when I turn it on, the screen starts flickering. The apps are working and the laptop is working. But the screen is flickering...