Windows 10: Windows not staying flush to left edge of screen

Discus and support Windows not staying flush to left edge of screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When using applications, I have always relied on Windows remembering their exact position from session to session, and on Windows 7 that was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ogrfnkl, May 10, 2016.

1. ogrfnkl Win User

Windows not staying flush to left edge of screen

When using applications, I have always relied on Windows remembering their exact position from session to session, and on Windows 7 that was no problem. On Win 10, however, there is a problem with some of the app windows that I want to leave flush to the left edge of the screen. For example, if I position an Acrobat Window in that way, then close and reopen it, it reopens swith a shift to the right by about 10-15 pixels, leaving a narrow but noticeable gap with the left edge.

This does not happen with ALL windows -- Microsoft Word and Google Chome seem to be exempt, but most other apps are affected (in particular, Acrobat, which is an annoyance, as I use it a lot). This is a problem for me, because I do translations and so usually need to have two windows side by side, occupying all the available space on the screen. Now, I find myself always having to adjust the position of PDF documents before I can get to work.

Any idea on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

:)

ogrfnkl, May 10, 2016
  2. Raian93 Win User

Icons won't sit flush to the left of the screen anymore since update

I posted previously about not being able to reorganize my icons, but now I can reorganize them as long as I don't put anything in the first column. I can't drag any icon over, and if I choose the auto-align option, I can't reorganize my icons.
    Windows not staying flush to left edge of screen [​IMG]

I'm on a laptop with a 3200 x 1800 screen (XPS 13). Also, I have noticed my "PrtScr" button doesn't take screenshots anymore. Before the update, I would press it to take a screenshot and it would automatically upload to Onedrive but now I have to use "Ctrl
    + PrtScr" to take a screenshot and it saves onto the local pictures folder.

Raian93, May 10, 2016
  3. Raian93 Win User
    Icons won't sit flush to the left of the screen anymore since update

I fixed it by resetting the update again. Now it works.

Raian93, May 10, 2016
Thema:

Windows not staying flush to left edge of screen

1. Windows not staying flush to left edge of screen - Similar Threads - staying flush left

2. Split Screens - Multitasking - Recenters instead of staying left/right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Split Screens - Multitasking - Recenters instead of staying left/right: I started a new job and have one monitor. I'm using split or "snap" screens so that I can multitask. While at one workstation, I had 4 split screens 2 each that were left-right. I moved to a new workstation. On one application screens which I have two sessions open for when I...
  3. Split Screens - Multitasking - Recenters instead of staying left/right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Split Screens - Multitasking - Recenters instead of staying left/right: I started a new job and have one monitor. I'm using split or "snap" screens so that I can multitask. While at one workstation, I had 4 split screens 2 each that were left-right. I moved to a new workstation. On one application screens which I have two sessions open for when I...
  4. Split Screens - Multitasking - Recenters instead of staying left/right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I flush dns cache windows 10 microsoft edge ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I flush dns cache windows 10 microsoft edge ?: How do I flush dns cache windows 10 microsoft edge ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-flush-dns-cache-windows-10-microsoft-edge/a4daef52-2e55-4e5d-b279-1c5624a01f42
  6. Flush DNS Cache

in Windows 10 Support
    Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  7. Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open: This afternoon Edge suddenly stopped staying open. i.e. I click on the Edge icon and an Edge window opens but closes silently about 5 seconds later. Edge worked fine earlier in the day and the only things that I did besides e-mail (Thunderbird) and browsing (Vivaldi and Edge)...
  8. Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open: This afternoon Edge suddenly stopped staying open. i.e. I click on the Edge icon and an Edge window opens but closes silently about 5 seconds later. Edge worked fine earlier in the day and the only things that I did besides e-mail (Thunderbird) and browsing (Vivaldi and Edge)...
  9. Mouse will not stay on left click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse will not stay on left click: Ever since my windows 10 was updated, I cannot use my left mouse. No matter how many times I switch it back, it defaults back to right click mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-will-not-stay-on-left-click/538a4a2a-af8c-4325-9123-00417860cd63
  10. EDGE won't stay put..

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE won't stay put..: A new anomaly with Edge. I use a 24 inch monitor and most time have two browsers open. I drag the edges of both so that I have them side by side (as in pic 1). I close them and then open them again later and Edge is in a different place (as in pic 2). Firefox always remembers...