Windows 10: Windows not taking audio input from external mic of headphones.

Discus and support Windows not taking audio input from external mic of headphones. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Acer Swift 5 Laptop with Windows 10 running on it. After the recent windows update, my laptop is not able to take audio input from my wired... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SECOB239, Jun 1, 2021.

1. SECOB239 Win User

Windows not taking audio input from external mic of headphones.

I have an Acer Swift 5 Laptop with Windows 10 running on it. After the recent windows update, my laptop is not able to take audio input from my wired headphones connected to the laptop. Though the internal/Built-in mic of my laptop works perfectly, somehow windows is not taking any input from my headphone mic.Please can someone help me with this issue?

:)

SECOB239, Jun 1, 2021

2. Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

The speakers are 'plugged in' already as it is a laptop. With no external mic, headphones or external speakers plugged in, the Sound Control Panel lists three things under 'Playback' - HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output' - the Speakers under 'Playback' is set as the default.

Under 'Recording' with no external mic plugged in these are listed - 'Microphone', 'Line In' and 'Stereo Mix' (Disabled) - the microphone (in this case, the internal one) is set to 'Default' under 'Recording' as well.

I don't have my headset here to test an external mic right now, but with normal external headphones plugged in, there is no change to the Sound Control Panel under 'Playback' - the same three listings (HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output') with 'Speakers' set as the Default. If I make a noise, say, play a video, I can see the sound meters move to the sound, but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Darkstrike, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire 7745 that I have been trying to get the external audio ports to work correctly on since I upgraded it to Windows 10 - it was originally a Win7 machine from the factory. It's got three external audio ports:

Windows not taking audio input from external mic of headphones. [​IMG]

Win10 runs fine on it (Core i3 @ 2.27Ghz, 4GB RAM) and sound through the speakers works fine, as does the internal mic, but PLUGGING IN a mic or headphones is the issue - external plugged in mics are not picked up at all, and plugging in headphones disables the internal speakers, but no sound comes through the headphones.

I found this thread (Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio) and was trying to follow the instructions to find the correct driver to use by looking at the 'Driver Details' lists, but I am a bit confused. When I upgraded to Win10, Windows 10 installed generic drivers for the sound card and I had the same issue - sound through speakers and internal mic was fine, but the jacks didn't work.

So, I thought I would go download some specific drivers...the latest drivers listed for audio on Acer's site for this machine are the Win7 64-bit drivers, so I installed those and, as mentioned, sound still worked fine other than the external jacks (I know the external jacks are not broken/damaged, by the way, because they used to work fine under Windows 7). When following along the list of 'special files' the aforementioned thread asks me to look for, I find both 'FMAP064.dll' from the 'FF01' 'Special Files' list...but I also see 'MaxxAudioAPO20.dll' and 'MaxxAudioEQ.dll' from the FF06 'Special Files' list...?

....so which one of those drivers do I get (FF01 or FF06)?

Where it gets even more confusing is that when I try running the Powershell script suggested in that same thread to suggest a driver, it tells me this:

Windows not taking audio input from external mic of headphones. [​IMG]

...so should I follow the Powershell script's suggestion and look for ANY new driver that has the 'hdxrt.inf' file in it? (Like the one listed here: Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio )?

Sorry for the novel, but it's a tad bit confusing as to what driver I should be looking for...

Could anybody link me to a driver that might work?

Thanks so much in advance!

Darkstrike, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Rami____ Win User

Switch from headphones input audio to on-board input audio

I have headphones that play sound just fine but have broken mic so i cant talk to team mates when playing games. the on-board audio works fine when my headphones are not connected so i was wondering is there a way to make windows use on-board input instead
    of headphones? i already know how to switch input device through control panel sound settings but the mic of headphones does not show up because the input is just switched to it by default and there is no way to change it to on-board audio through there.(they
    are displayed as the same device)

Rami____, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows not taking audio input from external mic of headphones. - Similar Threads - taking audio input

2. My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound: I have JBL Quantum 200 headset whit mic. I have 1 cable from headphones and i have plugged it in to the splitter and than to the mic jack/input and headphones jack/output and if il do anything.. like if im watching youtube if i play game and voice chat whit someone they hear...
  3. My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound: I have JBL Quantum 200 headset whit mic. I have 1 cable from headphones and i have plugged it in to the splitter and than to the mic jack/input and headphones jack/output and if il do anything.. like if im watching youtube if i play game and voice chat whit someone they hear...
  4. Audio input not switching to headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio input not switching to headphones: I had upgraded to Windows 11 in my Acer Nitro 5 a while back which runs Realtek audio drivers. At first there used to be a popup allowing me to choose which audio device I had plugged in headphones/headset where headphones would have output to headphones and input from the...
  5. Audio input not switching to headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio input not switching to headphones: I had upgraded to Windows 11 in my Acer Nitro 5 a while back which runs Realtek audio drivers. At first there used to be a popup allowing me to choose which audio device I had plugged in headphones/headset where headphones would have output to headphones and input from the...
  6. Mic and Headphone input are broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic and Headphone input are broken: Whenever I try to enable my headphone or microphone it automatically disables itself. I don't know what updated but when it did all this started happening....
  7. External mic recognized as headphone.

External mic recognized as headphone.: Hi, I usually use my external mic to recording my tutorial. But suddenly my external mic dint pop up what used for device mic in, line in..... I found that it recognized as headphone. I tried to find the Realtek Audio Manager but failed to open. Another changes i found is...
  8. Low input volume on an external mic'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low input volume on an external mic': For the last few weeks I have been useing an external mic' to make voice recordings. Everytnig has been fine. Last night, I finished, closed down, changed nothing. This morning,. the inpout volume of the external mic is about 80% less than yersterday. Why ? I have sp[ent...
  9. Switch from headphones input audio to on-board input audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch from headphones input audio to on-board input audio: I have headphones that play sound just fine but have broken mic so i cant talk to team mates when playing games. the on-board audio works fine when my headphones are not connected so i was wondering is there a way to make windows use on-board input instead of headphones? i...
  10. Windows not receiving mic audio input

Windows not receiving mic audio input: Hello, this is a common problem from what I've read so far. Summed up, Windows 10 detects my new headset's mic but is not receiving any audio input from it. When I speak or tap on the mic, no green bars appear in the sound menu as well as discord/windows voice recorder not...