Windows 10: Windows not uninstalling VirtualBox

Discus and support Windows not uninstalling VirtualBox in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to update to the latest windows 10 update 20H2 or whatever it's called but when I try to it says something like this "This program is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mcpeppermint537752, May 12, 2021.

1. Windows not uninstalling VirtualBox

Hi, I'm trying to update to the latest windows 10 update 20H2 or whatever it's called but when I try to it says something like this "This program is outdated, please uninstall". I don't have virtualbox installed at the moment and I've tried AppRPS but it doesn't give a DIR Path.

:)

mcpeppermint537752, May 12, 2021
  2. steve108 Win User

Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox

Hello Jaynewton and welcome to TF *Smile,

Try this: Complete uninstall Virtualbox - Super User and let me know if it fixes the issue. *Smile

steve108, May 12, 2021
  3. PuB_Evo Win User
    Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

Windows not uninstalling VirtualBox DirectX.png

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, May 12, 2021
  4. Jaynewton Win User

Windows not uninstalling VirtualBox

Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I hope someone can help me with this issue.

In the past few weeks I got notices from Windows 10 Update that asked me to manually uninstall VirtualBox because that app was not compatible with Windows 10. I suppose it is preventing updates from being installed.

I tried to uninstall VirtualBox. I opened the control panel--> Programs and Features. But there was no VirtualBox in the list. I opened the Task Manager. There was no VirtualBox there either. Why does Windows 10 Update keep sending me that message when there is no VirtualBox in my PC? What should I do?

I would like to thank in advance whoever that can help me with this issue.
    I don't know if I would get a notice to my email box when someone offers the help.

Jaynewton, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows not uninstalling VirtualBox

1. Windows not uninstalling VirtualBox - Similar Threads - uninstalling VirtualBox

2. Can't Uninstall VirtualBox 6.1.5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Uninstall VirtualBox 6.1.5: This is a Screenshot of the Error:I can't seem to find the "'r18kd76rlxc34qi901lhjdp5.msi'" file, which is causing this error. Also I check the "VirtualBox" folder, it doesn't contain the "uninstall.exe" file. I checked around for solutions followed this link :...
  3. Can't Uninstall VirtualBox 6.1.5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Uninstall VirtualBox 6.1.5: This is a Screenshot of the Error:I can't seem to find the "'r18kd76rlxc34qi901lhjdp5.msi'" file, which is causing this error. Also I check the "VirtualBox" folder, it doesn't contain the "uninstall.exe" file. I checked around for solutions followed this link :...
  4. I can't find the app VirtualBox to uninstall so I can update my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find the app VirtualBox to uninstall so I can update my computer: I want to update my computer but I can't because I says i have VirtualBox installed but I don't have it. I have tried to do what was said in CALVIN021's post but one of the links I guess don't work and if I can get help with his I will really appreciate it....
  5. I can't find the app VirtualBox to uninstall so I can update my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't find the app VirtualBox to uninstall so I can update my computer: I want to update my computer but I can't because I says i have VirtualBox installed but I don't have it. I have tried to do what was said in CALVIN021's post but one of the links I guess don't work and if I can get help with his I will really appreciate it....
  6. I can't find the app VirtualBox to uninstall so I can update my computer

7. VirtualBox uninstall not sucessful.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VirtualBox uninstall not sucessful.: This is a thread following the thread in forums.virtualbox.org. link:VirtualBox does not install, uninstall and repair - virtualbox.orgI accidently installed virtualbox in E: Drive. but when I uninstalled virtualbox, the files were still in the E: Drive.When I try to open the...
  8. VirtualBox uninstall not sucessful.

VirtualBox uninstall not sucessful.: This is a thread following the thread in forums.virtualbox.org. link:VirtualBox does not install, uninstall and repair - virtualbox.orgI accidently installed virtualbox in E: Drive. but when I uninstalled virtualbox, the files were still in the E: Drive.When I try to open the...
  9. Compatibility hold when you upgrade to Windows 11 with Oracle VirtualBox But I uninstalled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility hold when you upgrade to Windows 11 with Oracle VirtualBox But I uninstalled...: I have uninstalled VirtualBox but I am still receiving this message.https://x-v.it/eqwrle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-hold-when-you-upgrade-to-windows-11/10981778-08e4-45e1-998e-e295951d4b30
  10. Compatibility hold when you upgrade to Windows 11 with Oracle VirtualBox But I uninstalled...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Compatibility hold when you upgrade to Windows 11 with Oracle VirtualBox But I uninstalled...: I have uninstalled VirtualBox but I am still receiving this message.https://x-v.it/eqwrle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-hold-when-you-upgrade-to-windows-11/10981778-08e4-45e1-998e-e295951d4b30