Windows 10: Windows Not Unlocking Properly

Discus and support Windows Not Unlocking Properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi One of my users has an unusual problem. When they lock the screen and come back the mouse cursor does not work on most applications. This issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Majik82, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Windows Not Unlocking Properly

Hi

One of my users has an unusual problem.

When they lock the screen and come back the mouse cursor does not work on most applications. This issue does also present itself if it is left for a long period without locking the screen. If you RDP in, it all works normally regardless of how long it has been idle or locked for. This issue is also present for all users on this machine but not any other machine.

You can move the cursor around but nothing is highlighted as you hover over anything.

Some applications (all non-Microsoft, not always the same ones) do work normally, you can access them through alt-tab.

CTRL-ALT-DEL and using the keyboard to open task manager and then clicking on any line in task manager restores the machine to normal function.

Keyboard remains unaffected and I have not found any other application that restores function.

I've been assuming this is something related to power management and have been through quite a few of these settings and can't find anything that affects this.

Machine is Dell Latitude 7490 running Windows 10 Enterprise 1903, this started on the machine a few weeks ago when an upgrade in place was done from LTSB 1607 to LTSC 1809 and has since been wiped and rebuilt with a clean Enterprise version. All input devices and USB (Dell D6000) docking station have been changed, this issue also occurs regardless of which ones are plugged in or whether it is docked or not. Windows & Driver updates have been done to the most recent available.

Any help is greatly appreciated

submitted by /u/Majik82
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Majik82, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 9, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Windows Not Unlocking Properly

DNA ad unlocker

Are you sure it's called DNA ad unlocker and not DNS Unlocker? If the latter......................

Follow the steps here.

How to remove "Ads by DNS Unlocker" Adware (Virus Help Guide)

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. HitmanPro might not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows Not Unlocking Properly

1. Windows Not Unlocking Properly - Similar Threads - Unlocking Properly

2. How do I unlock port 1947 in windows ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlock port 1947 in windows ?: How do I unlock port 1947 in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-port-1947-in-windows/0df1f590-bf3e-4d91-a971-f7ad5af9b706
  3. How do I unlock port 1947 in windows ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unlock port 1947 in windows ?: How do I unlock port 1947 in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-port-1947-in-windows/0df1f590-bf3e-4d91-a971-f7ad5af9b706
  4. unlock cd drive with no button, dell 3020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlock cd drive with no button, dell 3020: Dell 3020 decktop has no buttons to open CD drive. How does 1 open this CD Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-cd-drive-with-no-button-dell-3020/bd04e157-e753-4172-9655-7679eca783f2
  5. unlock cd drive with no button, dell 3020

unlock cd drive with no button, dell 3020: Dell 3020 decktop has no buttons to open CD drive. How does 1 open this CD Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-cd-drive-with-no-button-dell-3020/bd04e157-e753-4172-9655-7679eca783f2
  6. i have forgot the bitlocker key for D: drive i need help in unlocking this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have forgot the bitlocker key for D: drive i need help in unlocking this: Hi Team,I have forgot the bitlocker key for the D: Drive i need help in unlocking this.Thanks,Thrivikram. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgot-the-bitlocker-key-for-d-drive-i-need/4d940327-cca2-4616-a61c-72772a5e2c15
  7. i have forgot the bitlocker key for D: drive i need help in unlocking this

i have forgot the bitlocker key for D: drive i need help in unlocking this: Hi Team,I have forgot the bitlocker key for the D: Drive i need help in unlocking this.Thanks,Thrivikram. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgot-the-bitlocker-key-for-d-drive-i-need/4d940327-cca2-4616-a61c-72772a5e2c15
  8. Bitlocker unlock prompt not displaying properly at 1440P

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker unlock prompt not displaying properly at 1440P: I recently got a 1440P monitor. I have it hooked up to my laptop via HDMI. This laptop also has a 2nd monitor hooked up though a docking station via USB-C and has Display Port Alt Mode, so should be able to natively display from there. By default, the laptop is closed, though...
  9. Bitlocker unlock prompt not displaying properly at 1440P

Bitlocker unlock prompt not displaying properly at 1440P: I recently got a 1440P monitor. I have it hooked up to my laptop via HDMI. This laptop also has a 2nd monitor hooked up though a docking station via USB-C and has Display Port Alt Mode, so should be able to natively display from there. By default, the laptop is closed, though...
  10. How to config WDS in a way that bitlocker network unlock work properly?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to config WDS in a way that bitlocker network unlock work properly?: Hi Pals, I have client system with UEFI enabled dhcp, system drive encrypted with PIN+TPM and network protector certificate is deployed! At boot time, valid ip obtained by dhcp but no drive key acquired! and bit-locker blue screen appeared to enter key manually! any one...