Windows 10: Windows Not Unlocking Properly

Discus and support Windows Not Unlocking Properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi One of my users has an unusual problem. When they lock the screen and come back the mouse cursor does not work on most applications. This issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Majik82, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Windows Not Unlocking Properly

Hi

One of my users has an unusual problem.

When they lock the screen and come back the mouse cursor does not work on most applications. This issue does also present itself if it is left for a long period without locking the screen. If you RDP in, it all works normally regardless of how long it has been idle or locked for. This issue is also present for all users on this machine but not any other machine.

You can move the cursor around but nothing is highlighted as you hover over anything.

Some applications (all non-Microsoft, not always the same ones) do work normally, you can access them through alt-tab.

CTRL-ALT-DEL and using the keyboard to open task manager and then clicking on any line in task manager restores the machine to normal function.

Keyboard remains unaffected and I have not found any other application that restores function.

I've been assuming this is something related to power management and have been through quite a few of these settings and can't find anything that affects this.

Machine is Dell Latitude 7490 running Windows 10 Enterprise 1903, this started on the machine a few weeks ago when an upgrade in place was done from LTSB 1607 to LTSC 1809 and has since been wiped and rebuilt with a clean Enterprise version. All input devices and USB (Dell D6000) docking station have been changed, this issue also occurs regardless of which ones are plugged in or whether it is docked or not. Windows & Driver updates have been done to the most recent available.

Any help is greatly appreciated

submitted by /u/Majik82
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Majik82, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 9, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Windows Not Unlocking Properly

DNA ad unlocker

Are you sure it's called DNA ad unlocker and not DNS Unlocker? If the latter......................

Follow the steps here.

How to remove "Ads by DNS Unlocker" Adware (Virus Help Guide)

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. HitmanPro might not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows Not Unlocking Properly

1. Windows Not Unlocking Properly - Similar Threads - Unlocking Properly

2. Cannot Login to Microsoft Account or Unlock New PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Login to Microsoft Account or Unlock New PC: I purchased a new laptop. I went through the initial set up and selected "organization" vs. personal as I do have a business account for my small business. It will not accept any of the three Microsoft accounts I have. I can't even get to the internet or control panel -...
  3. how to unlock bitlocker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to unlock bitlocker: hi, I reinstalled windows 10 pro 64 bit on system. unfortunately, now I can't open one of my drive that was locked by bitlocker. I don't more about cmd and powershell. anyone in the foroum if can guide me to solve my problem. regards...
  4. Unlock my files I transferred from another computer where folder was password protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unlock my files I transferred from another computer where folder was password protected: OK, before I retired, I transferred all my my personal files from my work computer to a flash drive. On the work computer, the folder with my personal files had a password. Now, on my home computer, everything appears with a "lock" over it. I remember the password, but...
  5. BUG - Windows 10 lock screen Spotlight unlocks without even entering a password when auto...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BUG - Windows 10 lock screen Spotlight unlocks without even entering a password when auto...: Hello, This is a SERIOUS security issue with Windows 10, so I hope someone will take it seriously. I did not find any way of reporting a bug to Windows other than with the Feedback tool, which I don't use because I don't want to link my computer to a Windows account....
  6. Minecraft skin pack purchased but didn't unlock

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft skin pack purchased but didn't unlock: I purchased the Teen hd skin pack in Minecraft but it didn't unlock, it just wants me to pay for it again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-skin-pack-purchased-but-didnt-unlock/8a85c860-7fa9-4938-bd23-f7712d95c665"
  7. Bitlocker insanity - cannot turn off auto unlock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker insanity - cannot turn off auto unlock: I have two PCs, one with Windows Pro and one with Windows Home You can only set up and configure Bitlocker on Pro. I have an external SSD which I encrypted with Bitlocker. I selected the Auto Unlock feature when connecting the SSD to my Windows Home PC, and as you can't...
  8. Getting permissions to unlock files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting permissions to unlock files: How do we unlock files that require permissons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-permissions-to-unlock-files/e170e72f-8717-44cd-b68b-7e25f94694d1
  9. Unlock windows 10 device after remote lock

Unlock windows 10 device after remote lock: I had lost a windows 10 pro computer surface book 2 , and used the capabilities on the microsoft website to lock the device. Later, I was able to get the computer back. When I go to the computer, it's giving me the message I'd set on the MS web site. All good. When I...
  10. How to config WDS in a way that bitlocker network unlock work properly?

How to config WDS in a way that bitlocker network unlock work properly?: Hi Pals, I have client system with UEFI enabled dhcp, system drive encrypted with PIN+TPM and network protector certificate is deployed! At boot time, valid ip obtained by dhcp but no drive key acquired! and bit-locker blue screen appeared to enter key manually! any one...