Windows 10: Windows not updating KB4598242

Discus and support Windows not updating KB4598242 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So Basically I can't update my pc the update that isn't working is KB4598242 I can't update my graphics card which is a huge problem so I need support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bubzy1st, Jan 23, 2021.

1. bubzy1st Win User

Windows not updating KB4598242

So Basically I can't update my pc the update that isn't working is KB4598242 I can't update my graphics card which is a huge problem so I need support fast as I can and i heard this update has major issues like blue screen of death which I did get on my other pc but managed to get my stuff back Windows not updating KB4598242 e0778e6e-90a6-48b4-92ec-684c19ae8079?upload=true.jpg

:)

bubzy1st, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Foxfan Win User

Cumulative update KB4598242-OS Build mismatches-W10 20H2

This is what I've done to date.

1- downloaded the update reset batchfile from the source given, and run it.
    2-immediately rebooted the machine
    3-downloaded the relevant ssu, although this is listed as installed in Control Panel > Programs. Running that msu confirms that it's already on the system.
    4-downloaded the KB4598242 msu from Microsoft, and run it. It started Ok but failed with the same error 0x8007000D
    5-checked with sfc /scannow - no problems reported.

In other words, I've stepped through the suggested processes, but still end up with the update failing to install, and with the same error as when update attempted through WU.

I may try the whole process over again, before attempting anything else.

Foxfan, Jan 23, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows not updating KB4598242 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 23, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows not updating KB4598242 - Similar Threads - updating KB4598242

2. Cannot install cumulative update for Windows 10 version 20H2 KB4598242

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install cumulative update for Windows 10 version 20H2 KB4598242: About 5 days ago, I came across a random blue screen while working on my personal computer. It seemed like a new update was available, so I immediately started the installation process. The status bar reached 100% but then suddenly failed with an error code of "0x8007045d"...
  3. Cannot install cumulative update for Windows 10 version 20H2 KB4598242

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install cumulative update for Windows 10 version 20H2 KB4598242: About 5 days ago, I came across a random blue screen while working on my personal computer. It seemed like a new update was available, so I immediately started the installation process. The status bar reached 100% but then suddenly failed with an error code of "0x8007045d"...
  4. Cannot install cumulative update for Windows 10 version 20H2 KB4598242

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows updates broke my computer, again. KB4598242

Windows updates broke my computer, again. KB4598242: I had this same issue last year that disabled 3 of my computers. As soon as the windows update occurred, they got stuck in a perpetual broken loop. Make a long story short, I had to disable the windows update and remove the update to get the computers to work again. I was...
  6. Updates KB4598242 and KB4586876 will not install

Updates KB4598242 and KB4586876 will not install: The updates KB4598242 and KB4586876 will not install. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-kb4598242-and-kb4586876-will-not-install/92b5ab64-39f2-4755-b826-ff588c528357
  7. Mouse malfunction after installing latest cumulative update KB4598242

Mouse malfunction after installing latest cumulative update KB4598242: The scroll wheel still works and so does the right button, but the left button does not. I can move the pointer and, for instance, if I move to the X box to shut the page down, the box turns red, but the left button will not shut it down. I have a touch screen and that...
  8. Forced update KB4598242 to Windows 10 v. 2004

Forced update KB4598242 to Windows 10 v. 2004: What the hell are you people thinking? My laptop is completely trashed. My very expensive photo editing software is GONE. I want it back and I should NOT have to pay for it. I bought it once and YOU LOST IT. What kind of update wipes out purchased software? Every...
  9. microsoft update kb4598242

microsoft update kb4598242: Microsoft update KB4598242 freezes my desktop shortcuts except for Microsoft Edge.....I delete the update and the icons work....next week they download it again and the icons don't work....what is the fix......
  10. Wrong Time zones during the Windows update KB4598242

Wrong Time zones during the Windows update KB4598242: Hi Based on Quality Update KB4598242 , System determines WRONG TIME ZONE SETTINGS. i liv in USA EASTERN STANDARD TIME Richmond, Virginia but system shows PACIFIC TIME ZONE. Thanks !...
Tags: