Windows 10: Windows not updating since 1809

Discus and support Windows not updating since 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My windows has not been updating since version 1809 17763.1339, which will lose support soon. Every time I try to update the first phases work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by svgaal, Oct 29, 2020.

1. svgaal Win User

Windows not updating since 1809

Hi,

My windows has not been updating since version 1809 17763.1339, which will lose support soon.

Every time I try to update the first phases work fine but on the last restart it gets stuck on the boot logo after which I have to force reset it, which causes the update to roll back. Is there a way of getting through this bios screen and for the installation to finish? I did the whole SFC and DISM route, manually tried to install the update from normal windows, clean booted windows, in safe mode and from bootable media but the result is the same every time. The update ISO is in the system default language and I'm getting no other errors than "trying to repair installation" after the force reboot. All my bios settings are set at default, I have fast start and fast boot disabled, same for antivirus.

Thanks!

:)

svgaal, Oct 29, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows not updating since 1809 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 29, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Windows not updating since 1809

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows not updating since 1809

1. Windows not updating since 1809 - Similar Threads - updating since 1809

2. Feature updates don't show for me in Windows Update. Since 1809.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature updates don't show for me in Windows Update. Since 1809.: When using Windows Update (either viewing or clicking "Check for Updates,") feature updates simply do not show up. At all. I had to update to 1909 via the Update Assistant, as WU never showed it to me, at all. 2004 is not showing; nothing about incompatibility or anything...
  3. Windows update to 1903 since 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update to 1903 since 1809: I face this problem three times, actually my system is running slow and I don't know the reason, but I am sure it is a software problem. every time I try to download or update to the latest version of Windows, that is, 1903. We are offering this update to compatible devices,...
  4. Network issues since 1809 17763.503 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issues since 1809 17763.503 update: Every since I have installed the 2018 fall update I have been having trouble with very strange network connectivity problems. Usually the problem starts with me opening up a web browser such as Chrome or Firefox and navigating to a page for the first time in the last few...
  5. Two annoyances since 1809

Two annoyances since 1809: Hi folks, Looked around a lot and no fixes for either. Both of these started upon install of 1809 update. NOTE: SFC, all of the usual cut and past recommendations do nothing. Others have both issues. Here are my annoyances: Error 1534 User Profile Numerous Events...
  6. Applications unresponsive since 1809 update

Applications unresponsive since 1809 update: Hi, 2 weeks ago I autoupgraded to 1809. (i7, 16gb ram, ssd) Things like installing apps would hang the machine and restrting wouldnt work either, and it would just sit their saying 'restarting' and never do anything, shut down is the same. Do I rebuilt my pc using the...
  7. Curious W10 Mail bug since 1809 Update

in Browsers and Email
    Curious W10 Mail bug since 1809 Update: I have 4 different mail accounts (Hotmail, Yahoo, Comcast, & Gmail) that I read in both Outlook 365 & W10 Mail. Although I usually read new messages in Outlook, I have W10 Mail configured to show a merged Inbox and then the Spam & Deleted Items folders for each account...
  8. Windows auto-update problem since WIN10 version 1809

Windows auto-update problem since WIN10 version 1809: Since update to WIN10 version 1809 , Windows auto-update cannot write to backup HDD anymore. Error 0x80070013 pops up with remark that medium is write protected…… (medium = backup HDD). Writing 'manually' to backup HDD works fine , so HDD is far from 'write' protected....
  9. Problems since update 1809

Problems since update 1809: Does anyone have the same problems ? Notification center : _ Notification center does not display history. _ During an alarm (clock for example) nothing happens except the notification icon of the task bar which changes to white color. Microsoft Edge : Edge does not shut...
  10. Backup Fails since Windows 10, version 1809 update

Backup Fails since Windows 10, version 1809 update: Since the update, my backup will not complete. I checked the Event view and it says. "The backup was not successful. The error is: The media is write protected. (0x80070013)." How do I resolve this?...