Windows 10: Windows not updating to 20H2 + other updates (including optional)

Discus and support Windows not updating to 20H2 + other updates (including optional) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, so basically, I've only recently noticed that my laptop (Asus Zephyrus G14) hasn't updated in a while. After doing the usual trip into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheRealBooz, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Windows not updating to 20H2 + other updates (including optional)

Hello everyone, so basically, I've only recently noticed that my laptop (Asus Zephyrus G14) hasn't updated in a while.

After doing the usual trip into settings and pressing 'download and install', I got this message several times: 'Error encountered' followed by, 'There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x80004002)'; this comes up for the optional updates.

A similar one comes up for the Windows 10, version 20H2: 'We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x80004002).'

Naturally, I looked through the internet for solutions. I've tried everything from Media Creation Tool and Windows 10 Update assistant (suggestions made by fellow Redditors) to even tinkering with registry files (essentially cleaning with CCleaner) which consistently was not recommended so I backed up my registry. I've also stumbled into suggestions through the use of cmd but I try to avoid those, if at all possible, as I'm not too tech-savvy. In the face of these suggestions, nothing's worked so far. I haven't experienced issues thus far, not having installed these updates, but I fear the future problems that lie ahead.

If you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Laptop details: My laptop houses an AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS with radeon graphics 2.9GHz, 16gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660ti max-Q

Windows 10 Home OS build 19041.572

submitted by /u/TheRealBooz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheRealBooz, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows not updating to 20H2 + other updates (including optional)

1. Windows not updating to 20H2 + other updates (including optional) - Similar Threads - updating 20H2 updates

2. Windows 11 Update option not coming as it is in others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update option not coming as it is in others: Windows 11, though is not ready for installation but in laptops windows 11 compatibality is coming and is showing win11 will come but in mine not coming please help...
  3. Windows 11 Update option not coming as it is in others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update option not coming as it is in others: Windows 11, though is not ready for installation but in laptops windows 11 compatibality is coming and is showing win11 will come but in mine not coming please help...
  4. Windows Update 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 20H2: Hello, Im having troubles with the Update of Windows Update 20H2 in my 32 Bits PC the update won't update my pc it just restart at 30% and shows a BSOD Blue Screen Of Death and it will restart again and undoing changes to the PC :...
  5. An Optional Update in 20H2 x64...

An Optional Update in 20H2 x64...: KB4598291 If one looks closely at this KB, relevance comes to mind. If there seems to be none to a User... might just pass. Reminder: It is optional. Here are the highlights. Do they relate to you? They didn't in my case ergo, I will pass. "Don't fix what's not broken"...
  6. Where is the Fast Startup option in Windows 20H2 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is the Fast Startup option in Windows 20H2 update?: It is completely missing submitted by /u/tonyromero [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9wf9w/where_is_the_fast_startup_option_in_windows_20h2/
  7. windows update 20H2

windows update 20H2: Hi, how are you? I have a query about the 20H2 update, I would like to know if they managed to solve the problem of the distorted audio that the 2004 and 20H1 update presented, since that is why I am still in the 1909, since I have installed the razer synapse that emulates a...
  8. Windows Update 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Update 20H2: [ATTACH] After updating my Matebook D14 to Windows 20H2, why can't I show my accent color on start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-20h2/df34be1b-74a3-4ef6-9b76-26289b469cdf
  9. Hoe to Remove Optional Updates Driver Updates and Other Updates from Windows Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hoe to Remove Optional Updates Driver Updates and Other Updates from Windows Update: In Windows 10 - under Windows Updates there's a link to "View Optional Updates" - here there are optional driver updates and "other updates" that I never plan to install. How can I remove these from being an option to install? Several are being presented that are either...
  10. Cannot set option to include Office updates in Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot set option to include Office updates in Windows Updates: After installing the Anniversary Update, I checked some of the Windows Update settings. I found that the "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows" is now unchecked and further more it is also grayed out so I cannot recheck it. With the Anniversary...