Windows 10: Windows not working after dual boot

Discus and support Windows not working after dual boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Dell Inspiron 5570, i5 8th gen, 2 TB Hard drive, 16GB intel optane and 8 GB RAM. I tried dual boot my PC with ubuntu 16.04, but I was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MohammedNaved, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Windows not working after dual boot

I have Dell Inspiron 5570, i5 8th gen, 2 TB Hard drive, 16GB intel optane and 8 GB RAM. I tried dual boot my PC with ubuntu 16.04, but I was not getting any drive details. So I used terminal in live ubuntu environment with following command:

sudo dmraid -E -r /dev/sda

After that Ubuntu was working and I installed it in a separate partition. But switching to window made it go to auto-repair which didn't work. And it said "Automatic Repair couldn't repair you PC"

Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt]SrtTrail.txt Windows not working after dual boot 62a2a2a8-63c3-4628-8d38-c3db446175bb?upload=true.png

I was unable to reset windows without removing my files (didn't even try reset with file removal).

So I tried following:

Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Command Prompt. Then I typed:

chkdsk /f /r C:

EXIT

then exit and continue to windows

But this didn't work Though it took about 4-5 hrs to complete.

Then I tried the RegBack method, but I was unable to execute copy *.* .. command. Probably because my RegBack showed 0 files:Windows not working after dual boot [​IMG]

Then I tried using fixboot but access was denied. To get back the access, I don't know what volume to select from the image below:

Windows not working after dual boot [​IMG]

Kindly tell me what should I do now to start my windows(in dual boot) without deleting any data. Will fixboot help? If yes, then please tell me which volume should I select. I have already tried with volume 0. Also if there are other solutions, I will be happy to know.

Thank you.

:)

MohammedNaved, Oct 27, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 27, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Windows not working after dual boot

dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows not working after dual boot

1. Windows not working after dual boot - Similar Threads - working dual boot

2. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot: I used to have a dual-boot with Manjaro and Win10 1909, but decided to stick with Windows for the time being and removed the dual boot and deleted the Manjaro partition. However, Manjaro still appeared in my boot options. I recently tried to create another dual-boot with 2...
  3. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot: I used to have a dual-boot with Manjaro and Win10 1909, but decided to stick with Windows for the time being and removed the dual boot and deleted the Manjaro partition. However, Manjaro still appeared in my boot options. I recently tried to create another dual-boot with 2...
  4. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth headphones' sound not working on Windows after dual booting ubuntu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones' sound not working on Windows after dual booting ubuntu: Recently I had installed ubuntu 20.04.3 alongside Windows 10 on my laptop. After that I had problem with sound on my wireless headphones on Windows 10. The sound is working perfectly on ubuntu and there is no problem with bluetooth connection but on Windows not only do I have...
  6. Ethernet doesn't work after dual-booting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet doesn't work after dual-booting: Recently, I dual-booted W10 and Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon both 64-bit. After dual-booting, ethernet works only on LM, while on W10 it says that it's not connected. I saw a few topics with a similar problem but all of them had no connection on LM, not W10. Feel free to ask for...
  7. Headphone audio not working after dual booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone audio not working after dual booting: Hi I recently dual booted into Linux Mint from Windows and everything went well. Unfortunately, after I booted back into Windows, the audio from my headphones doesn't seem to be working. I tried troubleshooting, re-installing realtek hd audio drivers, but nothing worked. The...
  8. Cannot boot to windows after dual booting with ubunutu

Cannot boot to windows after dual booting with ubunutu: When i installed ubunutu in my computer it was working fine. When i want to go back to windows GRUB was there but i was surprised that it shows there is a problem and windows is diagnosing the problem. It didnt solve the problem and i tried setting the active partition butit...
  9. Dual Boot Computer Not Working After Windows May Update

Dual Boot Computer Not Working After Windows May Update: My dual boot (Win 10 and Linux) computer stopped working during the Windows Update to the May update. Apparently, GRUB stopped working and now Windows won't boot at all. I can still boot into Linux. The hard drive appears to have all of the files, but it must have a bad...
  10. Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu: I used to use Windows for my work and It used to boot very fast. However, after dual boot with Ubuntu, my windows boot time became very long, it was annoying. I deleted Ubuntu, FORMATED ALL DRIVE, devided partitions, reinstalled Windows but it is still not better. FAST BOOT...