Windows 10: Windows not working properly

Discus and support Windows not working properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, so today i noticed my 'users' folder was not named properly so i clicked on properties and then checked off read only(subfolders also) and then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SatisfactionDizzy580, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Windows not working properly

Hey, so today i noticed my 'users' folder was not named properly so i clicked on properties and then checked off read only(subfolders also) and then it started doing the process so i clicked cancel as i changed my mind, then i clicked on read only and let the process happen. But now i dont know why but my laptop is not working properly, it logged me out of everything other than the microsoft account so i was able to log in, in the search bar there is nothing, i cant even search, in the settings i can click on the options on the home screen such as display etc. but when i click on them it does not load the things in it, please help me, this is my new laptop and im really panicking right now...

submitted by /u/SatisfactionDizzy580
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SatisfactionDizzy580, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows not working properly

Thank you for the information.

We suggest that you try to run Hardware and Device troubleshooter using the steps below:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    We also suggest that you update the keyboard driver and check if it work.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Windows Hello not working properly

Hi Jim,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Windows Hello, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what specific troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try reinstalling your camera driver to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Windows not working properly

HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows not working properly

1. Windows not working properly - Similar Threads - working properly

2. Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network: My new Microsoft Surface Laptop 6 running Windows 11 can't see other Win11 PC on network. It sees Win10 PC and prompts for sign in which doesn't work even though I know the credentials are good. Other Win11 PC connects fine to both the new Win11 PC and old Win10 PC. Also,...
  3. Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network: My new Microsoft Surface Laptop 6 running Windows 11 can't see other Win11 PC on network. It sees Win10 PC and prompts for sign in which doesn't work even though I know the credentials are good. Other Win11 PC connects fine to both the new Win11 PC and old Win10 PC. Also,...
  4. Windows 11 Sleep Mode is not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Sleep Mode is not working properly: Ever since i updated the latest version of windows 11 on my hp spectre laptop, whenever the laptop goes to sleep mode ,it will not turn on at all.and i have to force restart the laptop.what is the solution ?...
  5. Windows 11 Sleep Mode is not working properly

Windows 11 Sleep Mode is not working properly: Ever since i updated the latest version of windows 11 on my hp spectre laptop, whenever the laptop goes to sleep mode ,it will not turn on at all.and i have to force restart the laptop.what is the solution ?...
  6. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/42985dde-dcb9-499c-9bbf-5d02df68b071
  7. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/b1d26fab-513c-493d-81ad-ecc2c8e84a2e
  8. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

"An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/7b51f17c-6c42-4e0b-a753-759575d45c58
  9. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

"An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/42985dde-dcb9-499c-9bbf-5d02df68b071
  10. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

"An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/b1d26fab-513c-493d-81ad-ecc2c8e84a2e