Windows 10: Windows Notepad does not work on this device // Optional Features Notepad Download...

Discus and support Windows Notepad does not work on this device // Optional Features Notepad Download... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I uninstalled Notepad in order to supposedly install to the newest version of Notepad in the Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, I tried to install Notepad... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Kuro Kazuki, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Windows Notepad does not work on this device // Optional Features Notepad Download...

I uninstalled Notepad in order to supposedly install to the newest version of Notepad in the Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, I tried to install Notepad but it doesn't allow me. Whenever I hover over the "Install" button, it shows a stop sign saying I can't download it.

I tried multiple solutions, one of the major are the following:

1. Run SFC.exe /scannow
    2. Reset Microsoft Store
    3. Login in a different Microsoft Store
    4. Go add Notepad via Optional Features in Apps Settings

5. Reboot/Restart of course
    6. Update to the latest windows
    7. Troubleshoot

I am aware that one of the solutions is factory reset. I do not want a solution that has any way or form of deleting any data in my computer.

:)

Kuro Kazuki, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Asylum Win User

Notepad Question

Yea i picked that up last night.

Works much better than regular notepad.

Asylum, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Amol S. Win User
    notepad

04sall is the name of the document that Notepad has opened. Usually Notepad is meant to open "text" or "source code" files, however it can open other types of files. Now relating back to your issue, the fact that 04sall does not have file format means
    that it used by a program or Windows, and could be quite large. This might have caused Notepad to freeze. You will have to force close Notepad, to do that please follow the following steps.

Step 1: Press the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously. A list of options should come up. Click on Task Manager from the options that display. Note, if Task Manager is unable to open OR pressing the buttons "Ctrl, alt, and delete" simultaneously
    does not do anything, jump to Step 5.

Step 2: In task manager select Notepad. Now click the "End Task" button. If a confirmation message comes up, then click "End Task" in the confirmation message. If Notepad closes then problem is solved. If Notepad does not close please repeat this step.
    If repeating this step after 5 times does not work, go on to Step 3.

Step 3: Select Notepad on task manager, right click on the selected Notepad in Task Manager. A drop down menu should come up. Select "Go to Details". After doing this DO NOT click on anything yet. Go to step 4.

Step 4: There should already be something highlighted, right click the highlighted object, a drop down menu should appear. Click "End Task" option from that menu. A prompt will come up, click the "End Process" option on the prompt. If Notepad closes then
    problem is solved. If Notepad does not close, please repeat this step. If repeating this step does not work, got to step 5.

Step 5: Hard shutdown the computer, by pressing onto the power button. DO NOT LET GO OF the power button until the computer power indication sign has turned off. Now turn the computer back on. If the issue is gone, then problem is fixed. If "04sall-notepad"
    opens up again on startup, please reply back stating that.

Amol S., Oct 29, 2020
  4. Louie_101 Win User

Windows Notepad does not work on this device // Optional Features Notepad Download...

Notepad won't open in Windows 10

Hi Oliver,

I'm Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

I would suggest you to uninstall Notepad and reinstall it.

To uninstall Nopetad follow the steps below:

Press Win+I to open the Settings.

Go to Apps > Apps & Features.

In the right pane, click on ‘Optional Features’

Type Notepad in the search box and click on Uninstall.

If you have uninstalled the Notepad application and now want it back, you can easily reinstall it in a few simple steps.

Open Settings and go to Apps & Features

In the right pane, click on Optional Features.

Click on Add a Feature

Type Notepad in the search bar or scroll down to find it.

Click on Notepad and Install.

Try to launch Notepad and see if it works.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Louie.

Louie_101, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Notepad does not work on this device // Optional Features Notepad Download...

1. Windows Notepad does not work on this device // Optional Features Notepad Download... - Similar Threads - Notepad does device

2. notepad is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad is not working: my notepad is not opening and showing error message. please consider my query . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-is-not-working/0b6cbaef-0493-4cd4-8047-5e8d62c65be6
  3. Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.: Look, I can understand removing a piece of software that has been a mainstay of the text editing process on windows since MS-DOS, whatever.My PC just updated itself because M$ has decided that SAAS is more important than making a usable operating system, and don't victim...
  4. Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.: Look, I can understand removing a piece of software that has been a mainstay of the text editing process on windows since MS-DOS, whatever.My PC just updated itself because M$ has decided that SAAS is more important than making a usable operating system, and don't victim...
  5. Notepad is missing, but listed as "installed" in optional features.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. notepad is not working

notepad is not working: notepad is opening on windows 10 after installation after some month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-is-not-working/80a0bdff-1c1d-4db6-9792-5b2fe665fcb6
  7. Notepad Scrolling Does Not Work

Notepad Scrolling Does Not Work: In Notepad, the scrolling on a laptop's touchpad isn't smooth at all. First there's a delay, and then it jerks down and stops. So you can't read as you scroll because it's not smooth and you lose your place and have to find where you were reading. It's extremely...
  8. notepad not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    notepad not working: i need to edit a config file for a game and my notepad wont open. i tried a couple of solutions that gave me find more problemsi checked apps and features, optional features and tried to uninstall notepad, but whenever i click optional features, settings just crashes. i...
  9. Notepad not working

Notepad not working: Hi guys. I am unable to open the notepad or paint application. whenever i click it nothing happens. For paint it says that "unable to create a new document". However i don't use paint so often. But please help me fix the problem with the notepad not opening. I have tried the...
  10. Notepad might become optional feature on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Notepad might become optional feature on Windows 10: After Paint and WordPad, Windows 10’s Notepad app could become an optional feature that users can uninstall in the future. With Windows 10 20H1 Build 19041 (RTM candidate), Microsoft has quietly added Notepad to the Optional Features section. Windows 10’s Optional Features...