Windows 10: Windows Notification Center - Double Entries & Settings don't stick

Discus and support Windows Notification Center - Double Entries & Settings don't stick in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having major issues with the notification center in Win10. After each reboot I have an app that keeps resetting to play sounds. So I turn it off in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by spacedog, Aug 30, 2016.

1. spacedog Win User

Windows Notification Center - Double Entries & Settings don't stick

Having major issues with the notification center in Win10.

After each reboot I have an app that keeps resetting to play sounds. So I turn it off in Settings > System > Notifications & Actions. Then when I reboot everything is re-enabled.

Also, all of sudden I have Dropbox appearing twice in the Show notifications from these apps section.

:)

spacedog, Aug 30, 2016

2. Uninstalled app still showing in notification action center

1. Locate the registry entry:

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications\AppDB

Windows Notification Center - Double Entries & Settings don't stick [​IMG]

2. Delete the AppDB entry and you will notice the notification center is initialized.

3. Start an App that can send notifications, and it will be stored in the notification center and the "Notifications & actions". For example, start Outlook or MS Mail and send an email to your account, check the "Notifications & actions" after the notification.

JZhang.OPT, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    How to clean Windows 10 Notification apps list?

You can follow the steps below to help fix this issue:

• Locate the registry entry: HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications\AppDB.
    • Delete the AppDB entry and you will notice that the notification center is initialized.
    • Start an App that can send notifications. This will be stored in the notification center. For example, start
      Outlook or MS Mail, and then send an email to your account. Check the "Notifications & actions" after the notification.

Keep us posted.

Rhina Vib, Aug 30, 2016
  4. spacedog Win User

Anyone? I'm still having an issue where I disable notifications for an app and everytime I reboot it is turned back on again

spacedog, Sep 1, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Since it appears that you post and fly because you do not get an immediate reply to your posts, is not why you should bump one that it appears that you have diagnosed a problem but not digging deep enough to figure out what and where the problem lies. If it is with third party software that these problems occur, you need to address it to those software manufacturers.

Without all of your System spec's filled out, what the program in the first part of your post is and if you have tried uninstalling and installing, along with a sfc /scannow, there is not much to help you with. As for the double icon in the task area, it is possible that you have Drop box installed two different ways, so you can end up with multiple icons for each instance.

bro67, Sep 1, 2016
  6. spacedog Win User
    Sorry, my system specs are in there already? Not sure why it wasn't showing up for you.

Dropbox is definitely installed only once. I have run sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

I'll try reinstalling both apps I'm having trouble with for the most part, however, I generally find the new windows 10 notification settings to be very unpredictable so I was wondering if there were some other general debugging and testing tips or tricks other than sfc and DISM.

spacedog, Sep 1, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Drop Box can be installed as a Service, App for a Tile, Stand Alone program, a extension of say Office. That would mean that there can be two instances showing up in the Task area. One for each loaded and running instance. Also Malware can mask itself as a legitimate program and you would never be the wiser if it used a icon for what you thought was safe and never thought twice.

You need to check processes in Task Manager to see if there are any instances of Drop Box running and also for services. You can use Process Explorer to check for sub-processes. If the problem does not happen with a new local account, it could just be that your account is messed up and causing the two instances of Drop Box icons showing.

bro67, Sep 3, 2016
  8. spacedog Win User

Definitely only one instance of dropbox running and yet here is what it looks like

Windows Notification Center - Double Entries & Settings don't stick [​IMG]

And today, one of my other apps is generating notifications, but it doesn't even show up in that list of notifications so I can't even enable/disable it. Uninstall/reinstall of Dropbox doesn't seem to have any effect.

It's all very strange and the notifications framework just seems unpredictable and unstable on my system. Everything else seems to be fine, though.

spacedog, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Notification Center - Double Entries & Settings don't stick - Similar Threads - Notification Center Double

2. Double entry and clicking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double entry and clicking: my cat walked across my keyboard and now when I type, each entry is noted with an audible "click" and I am also not able to type double keys , i.e. can not type "letter" without typing "letspace" then backspace to delete the space then finish with"ter". I cannot backspace...
  3. Notification center and settings issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification center and settings issues: My notifications and action center recently crashed. It is blank if it actually opens and will close after a few seconds automatically. The main fix seems to involves the background apps setting and them not being allowed to run in the background, however when I open settings...
  4. User Accounts - double entry

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Accounts - double entry: When I start up a user called "John" appears,signs in automatically then a second "user" appears called "Carrot Museum", that signs in automatically, and I can start to work. Only one person uses this laptop. Screen shot of users screen attached shows (4th one down) John...
  5. Event Log entries for Software Center system restart notifications

Event Log entries for Software Center system restart notifications: I have a difficult user who, for the last four months, has opened an incident with our internal IT help desk, claiming that he has not received the SCCM pop-up notification, warning him that his computer is going to restart in 2 hours. I would like to find an event in the...
  6. Notification Center

Notification Center: Hello, today i switched off my DiscordPTB app on no notification for trying some assets cause i don't know why even i got everything my discord dont send me notification. By the way when i switched on OFF i can't put on ON cause u can see on the screen is unselectable...can...
  7. Double entries in directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Double entries in directory: Hi Chaps apologies if this has been asked before, but here goes. I recently upgraded my windows 7 laptop to windows 10. It would seem to have been successful, and I am pleased with the outcome. Just noticed a little quirk, and need advice. When I plug in a USB memory...
  8. Notifications Sticking

in Windows 10 Support
    Notifications Sticking: Hello guys, I am having an issue with the windows 10 notifications, the ones with the little blue circle with a white i in the middle, sticking. After I press the X to close them they stay on the screen in front of everything until I restart. Is there any way to solve...
  9. Double entries in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Double entries in start menu: Hi, I have the same problem in two different pc My start menu has some double entries (see picture) [img] and more I checked the start menu folders: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start...
  10. Getting double/repeat notifications from Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting double/repeat notifications from Action Center: For a while now I have been getting a double/repeat notifications from the W10 Action Center. Seems it happens mostly with Cortana giving me sports score updates and Facebook giving me one of its various updates that someone has posted, liked, etc, etc. This has been...