Windows 10: Windows notification sound muffles other sounds e.g. video sound

Discus and support Windows notification sound muffles other sounds e.g. video sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After one of the last Windows update other sounds are muffled when notification pops up. Can I somehow turn off this feature? Of course one of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roman Newgram, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Windows notification sound muffles other sounds e.g. video sound

After one of the last Windows update other sounds are muffled when notification pops up.

Can I somehow turn off this feature? Of course one of the solutions is to turn off the notifications sound. But I'd prefer not to do that.

Thanks.

:)

Roman Newgram, Sep 24, 2020

2. notification sound

Hi,

Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, input sound and select Sound from the results to open Sound settings

Step 2: In the Sound dialog, open Sounds and choose Notification in the program events.

Step 3: Tap the Sounds bar, select (None) in the list and click OK.

'

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-turn-sound-n...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-notific...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

MilagrosM2020, Sep 24, 2020
  3. sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to hear the email notification sound.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel Items

• Click on Sound.

• Click on Sounds Tab.

• Click on Desktop Mail Notification.

• Click TEST.

• Click OK.
    And check if you are able to hear the email notification sound.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Windows notification sound muffles other sounds e.g. video sound

N93 mic sounds muffled

When I record sound on my N93 the result sounds "muffled." You can hear the effect on the videos here:

http://www.alpha.bambuser.com/channel/johnleeke/video/4333?page=

and here:

http://www.alpha.bambuser.com/channel/johnleeke/video/3664?page=

Is this the standard sound of the N93, or is there something wrong here.

I thought the mic might be blocked, and found two holes that must be the mics, one with an "L" the other with an "R" beside it. The holes seem to be clean with no blockage.

Perhaps the mic or electronics are not picking up the higher frequencies, giving a low muffled sound.

Please advise on how to get a "bright" higher quality sound out of my N93.

Thanks for your help.

John

johnleeke---01, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows notification sound muffles other sounds e.g. video sound

1. Windows notification sound muffles other sounds e.g. video sound - Similar Threads - notification sound muffles

2. YouTube videos sounding muffled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube videos sounding muffled.: Seriously. This started happening a few weeks ago and now it's only gotten worse. Every youtube video I play sounds like it's being played thru speakers that are 10 feet underwater. This same thing is happening on Edge and Firefox browsers. It's not happening on audio files...
  3. YouTube videos sounding muffled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube videos sounding muffled.: Seriously. This started happening a few weeks ago and now it's only gotten worse. Every youtube video I play sounds like it's being played thru speakers that are 10 feet underwater. This same thing is happening on Edge and Firefox browsers. It's not happening on audio files...
  4. muffled sound on headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    muffled sound on headset: Since some days my headset sounds muffled. Mostly voices are muffled i can hear music just fine. If i don´t plug in the headset all the way, i can hear perfectly fine but then my mic doesn´t work. I have an other headset not as good where everything works perfectly fine. If...
  5. muffled sound on headset

muffled sound on headset: Since some days my headset sounds muffled. Mostly voices are muffled i can hear music just fine. If i don´t plug in the headset all the way, i can hear perfectly fine but then my mic doesn´t work. I have an other headset not as good where everything works perfectly fine. If...
  6. Headphones sounding muffled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones sounding muffled: Whenever I use 2 apps at the same time which both use sound, the audio sounds muffled on either one of them or sometimes both of them. Is there any fix for this?...
  7. Headphones sounding muffled

Headphones sounding muffled: Whenever I use 2 apps at the same time which both use sound, the audio sounds muffled on either one of them or sometimes both of them. Is there any fix for this?...
  8. Muffled/garbled sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Muffled/garbled sound: My computer has been putting out garbled sounds for the past couple of months. I thought it was my speakers so I bought new ones. That didn't help. I have a SoundBlaster audio card and I tried different Aux ports in it, which has helped a little, but not really. I just bought...
  9. Muffled Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Muffled Sound: Hello, When I open more than one app the sound becomes muffled; for example, I'm listening to music and it sounds normal, but if I open a videogame the sound becomes muffled. The audio driver is Conexant SmartAudioHD Also, my headphones don't appear in the sound devices....
  10. Notifications mute other sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications mute other sound: Hello, I'm faced with the following conundrum. I will usually have youtube documentaries etc or an audiobook running in the background. Then, one of my few friends will send me a message via Facebook Messenger, which I receive via theMessenger app for Win 10. So far, so...