Windows 10: Windows Notifications/Taskbar Refreshing Is Over-riding Directory Naming

Discus and support Windows Notifications/Taskbar Refreshing Is Over-riding Directory Naming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is an annoying issue that pops up rather too regularly. It is clearly a design fault....and about time Microsoft fixed it. The issue goes like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterStanbury, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Windows Notifications/Taskbar Refreshing Is Over-riding Directory Naming

This is an annoying issue that pops up rather too regularly. It is clearly a design fault....and about time Microsoft fixed it.

The issue goes like this :- I create a new sub-directory. I am just in the process of naming that directory, when Windows notifications pop up....and that somehow moves the cursor focus off the directory, with the result that the name I was typing in is lost and I am just left with 'New Folder' and I have to start all over again with the naming. It's not just notifications but anything that refreshes the taskbar.

Clearly, if I am in the middle of entering a directory name ( some of mine are 16 characters or more ), nothing should be stealing the cursor focus until I am done with it !

:)

PeterStanbury, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Apr 13, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Windows Notifications/Taskbar Refreshing Is Over-riding Directory Naming

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.4

Change Log v1.4
    • New button icons!. - Thanks Drone
    • New Refresh button.
    Download here!

Main Screen - New Screen!

Windows Notifications/Taskbar Refreshing Is Over-riding Directory Naming Main.jpg

Mindweaver, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Notifications/Taskbar Refreshing Is Over-riding Directory Naming

1. Windows Notifications/Taskbar Refreshing Is Over-riding Directory Naming - Similar Threads - Notifications Taskbar Refreshing

2. the directory name is invalid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the directory name is invalid: after windows 10 install i get this message when i try to use my cd dvd playrt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-directory-name-is-invalid/c926c407-ebdd-4730-91de-be27bec8ff9e
  3. The Directory Name Is Invalid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Directory Name Is Invalid: Today I updated this laptop. Now all I see for the last 5 hours is this message: The directory name is invalid error message won't stop since I updated this PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. What do I have to clear or change or reset to get this to stop showing up,...
  4. refresh over loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    refresh over loading: when I switch on my laptop after pressing refresh button ,at third or second time it taking long time about 10 to 30 minutes to get refreshed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-over-loading/f522056c-162e-4190-91f0-20ab377eba87
  5. Problem setting/over-riding file/folder permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem setting/over-riding file/folder permissions: I have a problem with a program that routinely copies files from one network drive to another. After much work, it appears the problem is due to file permissions that prevent the copy. All files are my own and I need a way of forcing permissions on all files as a means of...
  6. music over rides video sound when streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    music over rides video sound when streaming: music over rides video sound when streaming https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-over-rides-video-sound-when-streaming/6e126f64-ec2c-47f2-8083-6162afa8f1a1
  7. Taskbar Refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Refreshing: I've been having a weird issue. Randomly, my taskbar will refresh. Not the icons on the desktop, just the taskbar. Usually when I'm accessing harddrives. None in particular tho. I've updated the graphics cards, so I've ruled out that idea. The computer is a custom build, so...
  8. Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Refresh: I was curious to know if this was something common in any of the updates for Win10. Currently running OS Build 16299.402 of 1709. Everytime I open a program (usually which are Adobe titles) and I go to file open or to a file save, the first time I click on either of these,...
  9. The Directory Name Is Invalid

in Windows 10 Support
    The Directory Name Is Invalid: OK, here's my situation. I have a Western Digital (WD) My Passport Ultra external USB hard drive. I use this as a media drive on my WD TV Live Plus media player. For some unknown reason, the media player will sometimes corrupt files on the My Passport drive. The net effect is...
  10. directory name is invalid

in Windows 10 Support
    directory name is invalid: Hi I have just got this new desktop pc. After an update I am getting this annoying message, E:/ The directory name is invalid. I don't know what I have done. I did anything. I searched Google and found a post on this forum but I can't find the actual answer to the post. Just...