Windows 10: Windows Notifications Won't Disappear unless Explorer is restarted

Discus and support Windows Notifications Won't Disappear unless Explorer is restarted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I'm having a problem with Windows 10 Pro x64. The notifications that pop up by the system tray won't disappear. They stay in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Big Dan, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Big Dan Win User

Windows Notifications Won't Disappear unless Explorer is restarted

Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem with Windows 10 Pro x64. The notifications that pop up by the system tray won't disappear. They stay in the foreground until I force a restart of Explorer via task manager. It would ordinarily just be an annoyance but the notification often blocks (stays in the foreground) the right click menus of the systray icons which disrupts usage. As you know killing/restarting Explorer also stops any file copies/transfer in progress which is another PITA.

At first I thought it was an issue because it was an upgrade from W8. I did a fresh install of the latest build to a new SSD over the weekend and the issue persists. I have two W10 Pro x64 systems and it only happens on my laptop which is a Thinkpad Edge e531. Both machines run identical software. The only difference is Intel Display Driver systray icon on the laptop. I cannot completely rule out the Intel app but it's such a widely installed application you would think if that is the cause there would be a lot feedback online. So far Google hasn't helped me at all.

Oddly enough, this was never an issue on the pre-release builds. It doesn't even seem to be related to the November update as it was happening before then.

Do you guys have an ideas?

Thanks,
    Dan

:)

Big Dan, Jan 12, 2016

2. Windows 10

Installed Windows 10, like it. When I shutdown laptop, power button stays on, screen picture disappears. Laptop won't restart, unless I disconnect battery, reinstall, and then turn on. How do I fix this please?

DennisLaBonte, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Major OS problems after trying to play a song.

With further exploration, the phone won't reset, wont open documents in the office hub and eventually pictures start disappearing on the phone along with my emails. Powering off and on restarts the process.

sparkedfire, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Windows Notifications Won't Disappear unless Explorer is restarted

hTconeM9user, Jan 12, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Until you find a real solution, here is an alternative/workaround.
    It may not be what you want after all.

The main idea is to :
    (excerpt)
    Hide notifications while presenting. Disabled by default, you can use this option to prevent Windows from displaying pop-up notifications when you are using PowerPoint or projecting the display to a second screen for presentations.

Start button > Settings > System > left side, click Notifications and Actions > right side, scroll down to "Hide notifications while presenting", use the slider to turn it on.

Windows Notifications Won't Disappear unless Explorer is restarted [​IMG]

davidhk, Jan 12, 2016
  6. Big Dan Win User
    Sorry for the delay guys and I appreciate the suggestions but the issue spontaneously fixed itself. Computers gotta love em

Big Dan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Notifications Won't Disappear unless Explorer is restarted

1. Windows Notifications Won't Disappear unless Explorer is restarted - Similar Threads - Notifications Won't Disappear

2. laptop brightness won't change unless i restart it Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop brightness won't change unless i restart it Windows 11: I have a Dell G15 5515 Ryzen Edition AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU and the brightness will not change unless the laptop gets restarted. I have tried doing a factory reset and that did not work either. Thanks...
  3. laptop brightness won't change unless i restart it Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop brightness won't change unless i restart it Windows 11: I have a Dell G15 5515 Ryzen Edition AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU and the brightness will not change unless the laptop gets restarted. I have tried doing a factory reset and that did not work either. Thanks...
  4. Softwares won't open unless I click on a notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Softwares won't open unless I click on a notification: Hi, I have an issue with opening some softwares on my laptop.When I try to open a software like Whatsapp on my computer, the cursor shows the loading icon for a split second then stops and doesn't open the software. I tried opening it by running it as an administrator but it...
  5. Softwares won't open unless I click on a notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Softwares won't open unless I click on a notification: Hi, I have an issue with opening some softwares on my laptop.When I try to open a software like Whatsapp on my computer, the cursor shows the loading icon for a split second then stops and doesn't open the software. I tried opening it by running it as an administrator but it...
  6. Notification bug.. Won't disappear automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification bug.. Won't disappear automatically: Hello, Usually notification would disappear by itself into the Action Center... but after the recent update, it just won't disappear unless I clicked it myself. submitted by /u/Acc_4_stream_only [link] [comments]...
  7. Notifications not working unless program is open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications not working unless program is open.: After an update a few months ago, the notifications for websites, like Google Calendar and Gmail do not work unless the tab is open. They do have permission to send notifications. I have tried restarting my computer several times, updating my drivers and checking for system...
  8. Windows taskbar won't disappear; forced to restart File Explorer

Windows taskbar won't disappear; forced to restart File Explorer: I've seen related questions here but haven't seen an answer yet. My PC works fine, but my taskbar at the bottom of my screen is set to auto hide but gets stuck in visible mode and prevents me from getting to buttons, etc. on the bottom of app widows. The only way I've found...
  9. Windows disappear unless maximized or cursor is on them

Windows disappear unless maximized or cursor is on them: For a few years I have had a very aggravating problem where non-maximized windows will disappear behind the last maximized window unless my pointer is already over that desired window. Clicking on the window's taskbar icon does not help, since my pointer is down at the...
  10. Notification disappear

Notification disappear: After the ver.1809 update notification only shows the number in the taskbar, when I click the notification icon pop up the notification area but shows nothing!!!!!all the messages gone automatically even I didn't clear them!!!!!!!And feedback hub is Suck!!!!!!!why didn't I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet explorer notifycation disapears

2. does not disapear from screen until restarted