Windows 10: Windows notifications won't sound thru optical SPDIF

Discus and support Windows notifications won't sound thru optical SPDIF in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everybody I am having a weird problem with my PC... I have a pair of studio speakers connected to my motherboard via optical SPDIF, some days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Serg1o, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Serg1o Win User

Windows notifications won't sound thru optical SPDIF

Hello everybody

I am having a weird problem with my PC... I have a pair of studio speakers connected to my motherboard via optical SPDIF, some days ago I noticed that the windows notifications don't sound anymore, but videos, youtubes, spotify... sound normally. It is not the firs time I am having audio issues, some months ago I had a somewhat similar problem, when playing local videos, depending on the format, they made a weird noise instead of the actual audio, but it somehow fixed by itself. I am blaming the last major windows update, but I have tried three different driver versions with no success... I could give up and use the analog output, but it bothers me not being able to use the digital output when my mb and my speakers support it. Any advice?

Thanks.

:)

Serg1o, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Serg1o Win User

Hello everybody

I am having a weird problem with my PC... I have a pair of studio speakers connected to my motherboard via optical SPDIF, some days ago I noticed that the windows notifications don't sound anymore, but videos, youtubes, spotify... sound normally. It is not the firs time I am having audio issues, some months ago I had a somewhat similar problem, when playing local videos, depending on the format, they made a weird noise instead of the actual audio, but it somehow fixed by itself. I am blaming the last major windows update, but I have tried three different driver versions with no success... I could give up and use the analog output, but it bothers me not being able to use the digital output when my mb and my speakers support it. Any advice?

Thanks.

Serg1o, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Suman_B Win User
    5.1 channel over SPDIF / optical not working since update(?)

Hi,

I understand that 5.1 channel over SPDIF/Optical not working after update.

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Update your audio driver

1. Select the Start button and type
        device manager in the search box, then select it from the list of results.
      2. Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.
      3. Right-click (or press and hold) your sound card, then select
        Properties.
      4. Select the Driver
        tab, and then select Update Driver.
      5. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

Method 2: Fix sound problems.

Suggest you to refer the article Fix sound problems
    in Windows 10

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Windows notifications won't sound thru optical SPDIF

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows notifications won't sound thru optical SPDIF - Similar Threads - notifications won't sound

2. Sound Notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Notifications: Hello. Recently I have notice that I no longer get sound notifications on my laptop. For instance, when I get new messages from desktop messenger or desktop whatsapp it no longer makes a sound, only the dot notification. I did turn banner notification cause I did not want...
  3. Sound Notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Notifications: Hello. Recently I have notice that I no longer get sound notifications on my laptop. For instance, when I get new messages from desktop messenger or desktop whatsapp it no longer makes a sound, only the dot notification. I did turn banner notification cause I did not want...
  4. Problem with SPDIF input thriu USB sound box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with SPDIF input thriu USB sound box: I have a StarTech 7.1 USB Sound Card - External Sound Card with SPDIF Digital Audio. I want to get the input from the SPDIF connector. I had this working perfectly a few months ago, but perhaps some windows update or the like screwed things up. Everything within Windows...
  5. no sound to tv thru hdmi

no sound to tv thru hdmi: no sound to tv via hdmi/windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-to-tv-thru-hdmi/77a45187-59de-427e-ad97-2d97b88310d8
  6. Window notification sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window notification sound: I'm facing this issue where a windows notification sound pops randomly after that sound my mouse just Freezes for sec or couple of sec Please help Even tho i have updated my drivers...
  7. How to connect the PC to home threater for 5.1 through spdif out digital optical?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to connect the PC to home threater for 5.1 through spdif out digital optical?: that, my pc does not have this input, what adapter should I buy to connect it? (The DVD only has digital optical input or AV , it does not have HDMI) submitted by /u/CR1V [link] [comments]...
  8. Sound Blaster ZXR no sound through Optical output

Sound Blaster ZXR no sound through Optical output: Since i updated to Windows 10 1903 from 1809 my Creative Sound Blaster Z X R audio card has issues with sound output through Optical S/PDIF Out jack. I set this through the Sound Blaster Pro Studio control panel under Cinematic Encoder to Dolby Digital Live to get sound...
  9. 5.1 channel over SPDIF / optical not working since update(?)

5.1 channel over SPDIF / optical not working since update(?): I do use a media pc with windows 10 and Kodi as software player. The pc is connected to a TV via HDMI and also a 5.1 reciver (which is capable of process sc3, dts and other data streams on its own). Basically, no other software is installed on that PC. Anyhow, this is the...
  10. NO NOTIFICATION SOUND

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NO NOTIFICATION SOUND: AS I BOUGHT HP LAPTOP 7 MONTHS AGO IT CAME WITH WINDOWS 10 INSTALLED.AT THE INITIAL STAGE OF USING IT THE NOTIFICATION SOUNDS SUCH AS EMAIL, EXTERNAL DEVICE INSERT SOUNDS EVERYTHING WAS GOING GOOD BUT NOW NO NOTIFICATION SOUND IS COMING FROM MY LAPTOP. BUT MY SPEAKER...