Windows 10: Windows now forcing me to change my password once a week?

Discus and support Windows now forcing me to change my password once a week? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last week, I was prompted to change my Windows password. I did. This morning, I was prompted again to change my password. (I did.) Is this a thing now?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/znoone, Apr 5, 2021.

1. /u/znoone Win User

Windows now forcing me to change my password once a week?

Last week, I was prompted to change my Windows password. I did. This morning, I was prompted again to change my password. (I did.) Is this a thing now? Is there a way to change the frequency of this?

submitted by /u/znoone
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/znoone, Apr 5, 2021

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows now forcing me to change my password once a week? - Similar Threads - forcing change password

2. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password: Im unable to sign in because of this issue. It says "The User's password must be changed before signing in" but the problem is that I didnt have any passwords before, this is the first logging in after downloading Windows on this computer so I left "Password" field empty and...
  3. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password: Im unable to sign in because of this issue. It says "The User's password must be changed before signing in" but the problem is that I didnt have any passwords before, this is the first logging in after downloading Windows on this computer so I left "Password" field empty and...
  4. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD: I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE **** PASSWORD THAT I'VE ALREADY SET.YOU SEND ME THE **** CODE TO MY CELLPHONE TO CONFIRM IT WAS ME, AND IS STILL OBLIGATING ME TO CHANGE MY DAMN PASSORD, I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT, KEEP THE WAY IT IS.THERE'S NOT ANOTHER PERSON TRYING TO ACESS MY...
  6. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD: I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE **** PASSWORD THAT I'VE ALREADY SET.YOU SEND ME THE **** CODE TO MY CELLPHONE TO CONFIRM IT WAS ME, AND IS STILL OBLIGATING ME TO CHANGE MY DAMN PASSORD, I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT, KEEP THE WAY IT IS.THERE'S NOT ANOTHER PERSON TRYING TO ACESS MY...
  7. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft keeps forcing me to change my MS password

Microsoft keeps forcing me to change my MS password: My password manager [Bitwarden] reflects accurately all my passwords, but whenever I need again to enter my MS password, MS says it's not correct, and I have to change it. This is more than a nuisance, because sometimes I need that password to restore Windows and when that...
  9. My **** password force changed

My **** password force changed: I cant access my computer anymore after force changed password. People may reply «reset by holding shift and restart pc and select reset computer» That doesnt work for me after i have done research. Help me i dont wanna lose my files and my windows liscense. Remove this...
  10. Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out: So I have 2 devices, One device when I try to log in forces me to change the password, but now I've forgotten it. That device is connected to an outlook account which I can log in. Is there any way to recovery the password for that device? Thanks...