Windows 10: Windows NSLOOKUP DNS Timeouts when resolving, but resolves after 2 seconds

Discus and support Windows NSLOOKUP DNS Timeouts when resolving, but resolves after 2 seconds in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] ISSUE: Windows 10, nslookup timesout for 2 secs when doing lookup for custom domain. Basically, any resolution for subdomain/domain that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rsaanon, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Windows NSLOOKUP DNS Timeouts when resolving, but resolves after 2 seconds

Windows NSLOOKUP DNS Timeouts when resolving, but resolves after 2 seconds 0HEdBZqsJ6CIp7bA-tno6Bz1pOa2iCrZfcDdXypJUrY.jpg

ISSUE: Windows 10, nslookup timesout for 2 secs when doing lookup for custom domain. Basically, any resolution for subdomain/domain that that I attempt, timesout first but then returns. This does not happen with external/Internet domain.

For example, let's say my domain is called www.example.com', the resolution timesout even if the query is repeated:

https://preview.redd.it/otzqlnybuwd...bp&s=1d28a743d70d96882d613c033c0a0bc44918bf7b

Any clue why that's the case? Even though the Internet connectivity is fine on the client, I'm concerned about the delays in resolution when using browser. In other words, "delayed browsing experience".

Thanks

submitted by /u/rsaanon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rsaanon, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Bunkei Win User

DNS does not resolve for download.microsoft.com

I turned off Windows Firewall and ran the following commands here are the results:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]

(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping download.microsoft.com

Ping request could not find host download.microsoft.com. Please check the name and try again.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>nslookup download.microsoft.com

Server: UnKnown

Address: 8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: download.microsoft.com

Address: 0.0.0.0

C:\WINDOWS\system32>nslookup download.microsoft.com 208.67.222.222

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

Server: UnKnown

Address: 208.67.222.222

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

*** Request to UnKnown timed-out

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Bunkei, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Sindyr Win User
    DNS resolution lag across entire machine, other PCs on network fine?

I have an issue that I have never seen before. The core problem is that often, when I go to websites, Chrome seems to be stuck on “resolving host” for 4 to 10 seconds, and eventually brings the website up. The same DNS lookup lag happens in Firefox, Edge, and IE as well.

I have tried connecting via both wired and wireless, and get the same issue either way.

I have tried disabling IPv6, no help. I also tried with both the ISP-provided DNS serves and Google DNS servers (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4), same trouble either way.

We have another PC on the same network, also wired, that has NO trouble with DNS, websites come up very fast. We've even swapped the router plug spots, to no avail.

On the problem PC I’ve even gone to a command prompt and typed in “nslookup”, and sometimes I get timeouts right away. Sometimes nslookup says:

Default Server: Unknown
    Address: 24.223.0.16

And sometimes it says:

Default Server: sulfur.intertech.net
    Address: 24.223.0.16

Either way, when I type in a domain like yahoo.com at the prompt, I often get:

DNS request times out
    Timeout was 2 seconds
    DNS request times out
    Timeout was 2 seconds
    DNS request times out
    Timeout was 2 seconds
    DNS request times out
    Timeout was 2 seconds

…for a bit. On the other hand, sometimes I don’t get any timeouts and the nslookup just resolves the way it’s supposed to.

My security/firewall is the basic Windows Defender built in one. This computer is a brand new windows 10 desktop.

Whatever do I do now? Having most webpages take 5-10 seconds before the DNS resolves and the page loads is driving us nuts! Why is DNS so compromised on this PC, regardless of DNS server specified, regardless of which network adapter (wired or wireless) I use? What’s my next step??

Thanks.

Sindyr, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Windows NSLOOKUP DNS Timeouts when resolving, but resolves after 2 seconds

tracert not resolving IP to DNS

Hi All,

When I place a tracert command to a certain destination it's not resolving the correct DNS name. But if I run the " nslookup " it works fine. Is any one have any idea about this issue ??

Please note :-

In my network configurations I have 2 DNS servers ( primary and secondary )

mmethw2003, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows NSLOOKUP DNS Timeouts when resolving, but resolves after 2 seconds

1. Windows NSLOOKUP DNS Timeouts when resolving, but resolves after 2 seconds - Similar Threads - NSLOOKUP DNS Timeouts

2. AD 2012 dns resolve issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AD 2012 dns resolve issue: hi community and supporti have an issue all of the sudden my AD unable to resolve any hostname from external but i can ping any website ip the only problem can resolved hostname so my AD wont be able to browse. i tired to reset the winsock, registerdns, flushdns but nothing...
  3. DNS RESOLVE ISSUES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS RESOLVE ISSUES: I have An Ad with 2 DC with DNS , I have Some servers which needs to go on internet , but not others. IF i configure Forwarders all Servers will resolve public DNS queries .If I am adding secondary DNS as public DNS , public DNS queries are not resolved , If i Move it to the...
  4. DNS RESOLVE ISSUES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS RESOLVE ISSUES: I have An Ad with 2 DC with DNS , I have Some servers which needs to go on internet , but not others. IF i configure Forwarders all Servers will resolve public DNS queries .If I am adding secondary DNS as public DNS , public DNS queries are not resolved , If i Move it to the...
  5. DNS RESOLVE ISSUES

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Netbios and resolving local DNS names

Netbios and resolving local DNS names: I am having a couple issues with one of my Windows 10 PCs (Windows 10 Pro 64 ver 1909) that appeared after I replaced my LAN's router (replaced D-Link DIR-885L with a TP-Link AX6000). Issue #1) Registry entry...
  7. unwanted DNS resolvers, added by system

unwanted DNS resolvers, added by system: Using windows 10 1909, IPv4 and IPv6 both enabled. environment: I'm using pihole + unbound on a raspberry pi as a local DNS resolver and have thus configured (DHCP) to use an IPv4 address as my DNS server. This works fine, goal: kill trackers and ads, privacy. I discovered...
  8. Windows can not resolve DNS issue.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows can not resolve DNS issue.: I keep having issues logging into Microsoft Store and Xbox desktop app. Whenever I run diagnostic attempts with windows, I get this response. "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding.". I have already...
  9. DNS not resolved on material.angularjs.org

DNS not resolved on material.angularjs.org: Hello! I'm taking a course which needs Angular2, and the website is not possible to reach. I have a ZTE F668 ONT router, DIGI Hungary network provider. The router is able to ping the website with built in tool. Android devices on the local WiFi network can open the...
  10. Display DNS Resolver Cache in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Display DNS Resolver Cache in Windows: How to: Display DNS Resolver Cache in Windows How to Display Your DNS Resolver Cache in Windows A DNS (Domain Name System) resolver cache is a temporary database, maintained by Windows, that contains records of all your recent visits and attempted visits to websites and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DNS request timed out timeout was 2 seconds then resolves