Windows 10: Windows NT in VirtualBox?

Discus and support Windows NT in VirtualBox? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Has any of you tried install Windows NT 4.0 in VirtualBox? Does the sound MIDI works in Windows NT 4.0? 153515 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Muz, May 28, 2020.

1. MUZ
    Muz Win User

Windows NT in VirtualBox?

Has any of you tried install Windows NT 4.0 in VirtualBox? Does the sound MIDI works in Windows NT 4.0?

:)

2. MUZ
    Muz Win User

Has any of you tried install Windows NT 4.0 in VirtualBox? Does the sound MIDI works in Windows NT 4.0?

3. Windows NT in VirtualBox?

Update: Apologies to Virtualbox, my first statement was too strong. Although there is no working MIDI emulation in Virtualbox, pure softsynth written for Windows NT 4.0 can be used & it will /somehow/ play. Downloadable here:
    ADI MIDI driver for Windows NT4.0 - ThinkPad A31, A31p, R40, T30, T40/p, T41, T42, T43, X30, X31, X32, X40 - US

Windows NT in VirtualBox? [​IMG]

The same trick with passing MIDI commands through COM port to Guest machine can be done in Virtualbox too, but the softsynth latency is more than 1s; yes, more than one second. Absolutely unusable for playing.

muchomurka, May 29, 2020
  4. Windows NT in VirtualBox?

How do I connect current USB MIDI controller/keyboard to virtualized NT? And will it play? Not easily, no way using USB device passthru because of no PnP support & no USB driver. So some workarounds are needed:
    USB MIDI controller -> MIDI to Serial bridge -> virtual serial nullmodem -> second COM port passed to Guest -> historical Kawai Serial MIDI driver -> piano application.

So it *IS* possible to use modern USB MIDI controller/keyboard to play piano in virtualized Windows NT.
    Good challenge, thanks.

muchomurka, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows NT in VirtualBox? - Similar Threads - VirtualBox

2. Is VirtualBox secure?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Is VirtualBox secure?: Is VirtualBox safe so a virus from the Windows 10 virtual machine can break out to my Windows 10 host machine or attack or spy on other things like other devices on the network? Ist VirtualBox sicher?
  3. I installed Windows 10 2004 in VirtualBox, and this is what happened...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I installed Windows 10 2004 in VirtualBox, and this is what happened...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MinecraftAndOther [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9uqsf/i_installed_windows_10_2004_in_virtualbox_and/
  4. I installed Windows 10 2004 in VirtualBox, and this is what happened...

I installed Windows 10 2004 in VirtualBox, and this is what happened...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MinecraftAndOther [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9uqsf/i_installed_windows_10_2004_in_virtualbox_and/
  5. 1st. How do I fix this? 2nd. How do I deploy this virtualbox vm to basic consumers?...

1st. How do I fix this? 2nd. How do I deploy this virtualbox vm to basic consumers?...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/shuffelplay5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtaskn/1st_how_do_i_fix_this_2nd_how_do_i_deploy_this/
  6. Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox: SOLVED: Found out I had a simple emulator running that used VirtualBox to run. Every time i try to shut down this happens: [ATTACH] All the help I can find acts like I should know what a virtualbox is. Does anyone know what is going on?...
  7. HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox: Every time i try to shut down this happens: [ATTACH] All the help I can find acts like I should know what a virtualbox is. Does anyone know what is going on?...
  8. Activation of Win 10 after installing in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of Win 10 after installing in VirtualBox: Hello I bought a refurbished laptop with a licenced installation of Windows 10 - there is a Preinstalled Software Licence in the BIOS. I then did a clean install of Linux and installed Win 10 in VirtualBox from an ISO downloaded from the Microsoft site. The installation...
  9. VirtualBox Crashes Windows 10 After Virtual OS Shuts Down

VirtualBox Crashes Windows 10 After Virtual OS Shuts Down: This happened to me today and I want to help others prevent this from happening to them. I was finishing up what I was doing on Kali Linux using VirtualBox, when I shut down Kali from inside the OS. It froze for a second, thenblue screened. I got a Kernel Security Failure....
  10. Does Windows 10 spy on Virtualbox?

Does Windows 10 spy on Virtualbox?: I'm installing virtualbox on windows 10, and will be running kali linux for Pen testing. With all the issues with windows 10 sending info back to microsoft about the user activity, I'm wondering if windows 10 can see all the actions being taken in virtualbox and is it logging...