Windows 10: Windows + [number] shortcut not working as expected?

Discus and support Windows + [number] shortcut not working as expected? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! Just got a new computer and have a quick question. When I do Windows + [number] to go to an open program, if there are multiple windows of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheIncontrovertible, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Windows + [number] shortcut not working as expected?

Hello! Just got a new computer and have a quick question.

When I do Windows + [number] to go to an open program, if there are multiple windows of the program open (e.g., two separate Chrome instances) it shows those windows but does not bring any of them into foreground until I hit enter. If I don't hit enter, they minimize again.

On my old PC, I did not have to hit enter (whichever instance I had selected would immediately be in foreground). Is there a place to change this setting?

submitted by /u/TheIncontrovertible
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheIncontrovertible, Nov 2, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows + [number] shortcut not working as expected? :)

terrace, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile Windows + [number] shortcut not working as expected? :)

Ahhzz, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Windows + [number] shortcut not working as expected?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows + [number] shortcut not working as expected?

1. Windows + [number] shortcut not working as expected? - Similar Threads - number shortcut working

2. "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected: Hello thereI was playing minesweeper for a long time enjoyed it in most versions so far. On Windows 10 Home with all the latest updates that were available i was playing it mostly in adventure mode. 2-3 days ago it was "upgraded" to a "newer" version. At the first launch of...
  3. Backup not working as expected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup not working as expected: Hi, I have W'10, and two external drives that I backup selected sub-directories to.The problem seems to have started when I added by second physical backup drive Drive_T and Drive_S.When I was staying with Drive_T only, backup worked fine. But now when I switch from Drive_T...
  4. Backup now working as expected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup now working as expected: Hi, I have W'10, and two external drives that I backup selected sub-directories to.The problem seems to have started when I added by second physical backup drive Drive_T and Drive_S.When I was staying with Drive_T only, backup worked fine. But now when I switch from Drive_T...
  5. A Number of Shortcuts No longer Work Properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Number of Shortcuts No longer Work Properly: My first problem is that Google Chrome on my Start Menu in Windows failed to show the icon. So I downloaded the file "clear_line_tile:" which solved that problem. However now a large number of shortcuts to apps when clicked on give me the following window- The item...
  6. Workgroup not working as expected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Workgroup not working as expected: Hi all I am having trouble getting my workgroup to work properly between my pc (ethernet) and laptop (wifi). My PC can see the shared folders from the laptop, but the laptop cannot see the shared folders from the PC. I note that under the network folder my laptop can see...
  7. Shift + numberic keys not giving expected results sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift + numberic keys not giving expected results sometimes: When I press Shift + 2, Shift + 5, shift + - and shift + = instead of getting @, % , _ and + I am getting some strange symbols. This happens in text boxes etc but when I try same on browser search bar or notepad I am getting the expected output. Please...
  8. Change a large number of shortcuts in Windows?

Change a large number of shortcuts in Windows?: Is there a time-saving trick to (automatically) change a larger number of file and folder shortcuts in Windows 10? The specific problem is the following: A large number of files are stored (in different subfolders) in a folder called for example " Cats and Dogs". From...
  9. Windows Photos is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Photos is not working as expected: When I open Windows Photos on my Lenovo touchpad and try to scroll, this feature is not working. Moreover this app consumes plenty of CPU. Could you help me?...
  10. Spell Check is not working as expected

Spell Check is not working as expected: Once in a while when I write something using Edge, I face an issue with Spell Check - it doesn’t correct the misspelled words. Because it is not an ongoing issue, it is difficult to spot the cause of it. I made sure that Highlight Misspelled Words are on. But this feature...