Windows 10: Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.

Discus and support Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have no idea where to start with this issue. All I know is that my computer will rarely crash and restart itself and when I go to check the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zedlander1000, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.

I have no idea where to start with this issue. All I know is that my computer will rarely crash and restart itself and when I go to check the reliability report in the action center, the only information it gives me is that "Windows shut down unexpectedly". I don't get a blue screen or anything. I go about using my computer regularly, the computer will freeze, and then the screens will go black. The computer will then proceed to restart as if I pressed the restart button.

Please help guide me so I can end up providing more information.

:)

Zedlander1000, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Audio Service Fails Occasionally

Thank you again. The audio program I use which ends up freezing/crashing is called FTR Player (For The Record). To my knowledge, it is up to date as occasionally the company release patches when new Windows 10 updates cause conflicts with the program.
    I might try reinstalling this, as you suggest. Thanks again.

HumbleBears, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Eric8585 Win User

Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.

Occasional freeze

I've just purchased and installed Windows 10 Home 64bit. The system is occasionally freezing. Not completely though as I can still move the cursor around on the screen. After a couple of minutes, the system resumes back to normal. Sometimes the system stops
    to a bluescreen/reboot.

The install is completely fresh and updated so I have no idea what's going on.

Any help much appreciated!

Eric8585, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.

1. Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes. - Similar Threads - occasionally crashes computer

2. Occasionally, all windows freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasionally, all windows freeze: There's no specific cause identified. It was just happened randomly and happened three times this day, two times yesterday.Charateristics of the bug:-All windows freeze, such that any input e.g. clicking on GUI, etc. has no respond.-Taskbar funtionality works perfectly OK,...
  3. Computer is randomly crashing and the occasional bluescreen.

Computer is randomly crashing and the occasional bluescreen.: My pc has been randomly crashing and a few times Ill get the blue screen of death saying a critical process died. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-randomly-crashing-and-the-occasional/3ec25e94-2d67-4583-9af4-c3cbaac707d5
  4. New computer occasionally freezes, then releases

New computer occasionally freezes, then releases: Brand new Alienware Aurora R9, wiped with fresh install fully patched Win 10 Home. I installed only Chrome, nVidia GeForce Experience and up-to-date drivers, and one game, and started experiencing occasional freezes. I thought the machine had locked up and that perhaps I had...
  5. Occasional PC freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasional PC freeze: In the past 2 days my PC has frozen a couple of times each day. Brief system spec.: Windows 10 Pro V.1909 (Build 18363.900). Reverted from 2004 10 days ago, suspected Macrium Reflect problem (not the case) AV: Kaspersky Free Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-USB3 (Socket 1156) RAM:...
  6. desktop occasionally freezes

desktop occasionally freezes: every now and then when im on my desktop, as i right click an icon to bring up the contextual menu it waits and waits and does nothing and so I have to resort to repeatedly clicking which causes the desktop to fade a light grey as any program does when its no longer...
  7. Occasional crashes with more Freezing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Occasional crashes with more Freezing.: I have bought a dell pc for just under 2 weeks ago (1-year warranty). It has frozen over 10 times and crashed 4 times. I have noticed that when it freezes, it does so when I either: switch between programs, open/close programs or wake up from sleep. (I think these are...
  8. Occasional freeze

Occasional freeze: I've just purchased and installed Windows 10 Home 64bit. The system is occasionally freezing. Not completely though as I can still move the cursor around on the screen. After a couple of minutes, the system resumes back to normal. Sometimes the system stops to a...
  9. Windows 10 freezes occasionally

Windows 10 freezes occasionally: Hello, I've been having problems with my Windows 10 lately, I don't know when exactly has happened to become super slow with occasional freezing. I'm running Windows 10 version 1803, NVIDIA GTX 960, CPU is Intel i7 6700, 8GB ram. I've tried the usual with sfc /scannow,...
  10. Occasional BSOD / freeze

Occasional BSOD / freeze: Hey guys. So, a little backstory - last month, I RMA'd my motherboard (MSI Z97S SLI Krait) and re-installed it. A couple of weeks later, I got random BSODs. There doesn't seem to be a definite pattern to them. Some are while I'm playing a game, some are while I'm just...