Windows 10: Windows October Update disables CMD with administration privileges and File explorer Task...

Discus and support Windows October Update disables CMD with administration privileges and File explorer Task... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, As of the "recent" October update, many small annoyances have occurred, most that I've been able to manage without issue. However, I am no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Striker146, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Windows October Update disables CMD with administration privileges and File explorer Task...

Hi,

As of the "recent" October update, many small annoyances have occurred, most that I've been able to manage without issue.
    However, I am no longer able to run Command Prompt as an admin on my pc anymore, launching from WIN + X does nothing, and right clicking command prompt crashes Windows explorer. At the moment, it is seemingly impossible to launch command prompt as an admin.
    And on a side note as well, I am no longer able to launch File explorer from my task bar. but am able to through WIN or from my desktop

Thankyou

:)

Striker146, Feb 4, 2019
  2. DerekKyte Win User

Can't open File Explorer on Windows 10

I have run this but still not able to launch file explorer and view it

DerekKyte, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 file explorer is not working as it should

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Please follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Please let us know how it goes.

Rohit Chettri, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Windows October Update disables CMD with administration privileges and File explorer Task...

Windows 10 PC not recognizing administrator privileges.

Hi Jade,

Damages within the components of your user profile can be one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with using its administrator privileges. To troubleshoot this concern, we suggest creating a new admin user profile. To be able to create
    a new administrator user profile, you would need to enable the built-in administrator in your Windows 10 device.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Using Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes and then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out the user profile you are currently using, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.
    • Using the built-in administrator account, create a new admin user profile.
    • Check if the same issue persists.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command
    net user administrator /active:no and then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows October Update disables CMD with administration privileges and File explorer Task...

1. Windows October Update disables CMD with administration privileges and File explorer Task... - Similar Threads - October Update disables

2. Administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator privileges: Hi all, my laptop states I do not have administrator privileges. I checked under settings and it has my old email address I had to change as it had been hacked.I am unable to amend the email address as when I sign in with my new email and password it asks for the PIN number...
  3. Administrator Privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Privileges: How can I get administrator privileges for my Microsoft account on my PC? I went to setting - accounts - and there is no "Family/User Options" to click on to put my microsoft user name as an administrator. I need to download apps and the PC is blocking me on some of them...
  4. Administrator Privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator Privileges: I have been trying to get into my PC's admin account. I changed the PIN a while ago, and can't remember what it is. Is there a way to get into the administrator account without a password? I also have a kids' account on the computer I could get access to....
  5. administrator privileges

administrator privileges: when I try to play a game I get a pop up that says administrator privileges denied how do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-privileges/a834187a-1f8b-4fbe-8c69-1c8f0a33bc41
  6. Windows 10 administrator privileges disabled

Windows 10 administrator privileges disabled: Hi, I could use some help, please. I have a new PC and in trying to bypass the sign in screen I have disabled all the administrator privileges. I can sign in to my Microsoft account, but it's just a user account. Even when I restart in safe mode, open Computer Management,...
  7. Administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator privileges: I am administrator on my computer. Why do I need permission from trustedinstaller, system or any other number of groups on my computer to modify, delete or otherwise make changes to my computer?...
  8. Administrator with no privileges?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator with no privileges?: I have an administrator account on windows 10 desktop. I have a program (MySQL workbench) that was installed, uninstalled, and some months later reinstalled because after all I do want to use it. The program according to MySQL forum did not uninstall some of the old files -...
  9. administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    administrative privileges: Running Windows 10 with latest updates and am attempting to execute "netsh wlan show wlanreport" from comand prompt. I go to start menu, select command prompt, right click it, and select "run as administrator". From the resulting command prompt, I can execute various NETSH...
  10. administrator privileges...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator privileges...: I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have...