Windows 10: Windows OEM activation

Discus and support Windows OEM activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; If i have a PC with windows 7 activated on it OEM Is it legal to upgrade to windows 10 and activate it using that OEM from windows 7 ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AbdoulRahman Bahnas, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Windows OEM activation

If i have a PC with windows 7 activated on it OEM
    Is it legal to upgrade to windows 10 and activate it using that OEM from windows 7 ?

:)

AbdoulRahman Bahnas, Apr 17, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User

You cannot activate a retail version of Windows with an OEM key.
    The retail version should have it's own activation key.
    If you just borrowed the Win DVD from someone who is using the key, that won't work with your OEM (OA) key.

pwned by newtekie. lol My bad.
    It does work in Vista and 7, just not in XP.

Have you looked on the ASUS website to see if you can re-download the driver/diag disk, or at least everything you need to make one?

Kreij, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Tartaros Win User

Windows OEM activation

*Frown Windows OEM activation :(

Not yet, that's the last thing I wanted to try. But seems I have to.

Tartaros, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows OEM activation

1. Windows OEM activation - Similar Threads - OEM activation

2. I can't activate Windows with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't activate Windows with an OEM license: Hello! I bought an Intel nuc 10 i5FNKN and it came with a version of Windows 10. I did a fresh installation and it won't let me activate the license with the key on the back cover that says "Windows 10 pro for OEM software" it's very strange and never had happened to me...
  3. I can't activate Windows with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't activate Windows with an OEM license: Hello! I bought an Intel nuc 10 i5FNKN and it came with a version of Windows 10. I did a fresh installation and it won't let me activate the license with the key on the back cover that says "Windows 10 pro for OEM software" it's very strange and never had happened to me...
  4. I can't activate Windows with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  6. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  7. Can I use an OEM activation code from Win 8.1 for Win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use an OEM activation code from Win 8.1 for Win 10?: I bought a laptop pre-installed with Win 8.1 many years ago. I had intended to upgrade to Win 10 from within Win 8.1. Unfortunately I completely wiped the hard drive. I have since managed to do a fresh Win 10 install on the same hard drive on the same laptop. I have a record...
  8. Can I use an OEM activation code from Win 8.1 for Win 10?

Can I use an OEM activation code from Win 8.1 for Win 10?: I bought a laptop pre-installed with Win 8.1 many years ago. I had intended to upgrade to Win 10 from within Win 8.1. Unfortunately I completely wiped the hard drive. I have since managed to do a fresh Win 10 install on the same hard drive on the same laptop. I have a record...
  9. Can I use an OEM activation code from Win 8.1 for Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Why can't I activate an OEM version of windows after a hard disk change?

Why can't I activate an OEM version of windows after a hard disk change?: I have swapped a hard disk with a PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE activated OEM copy of Win10 into a different machine replacing its original disk that also had a PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE activated OEM copy of Win10 working on it. I can't now activate the OEM copy of Windows 10 on the...