Windows 10: Windows OEM key stopped working?

Discus and support Windows OEM key stopped working? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So basically. It all happened a few months ago while i changed something in my motherboard settings, i simply switched the cool and quiet for my ryzen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LefterisPoziadis, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Windows OEM key stopped working?

So basically. It all happened a few months ago while i changed something in my motherboard settings, i simply switched the cool and quiet for my ryzen processor off. It then said the key was expired for no reason at all? This is a prebuilt computer and the store that build this for me replaced it with a different key that also stopped working just now. Is there any way to refresh the OEM key that i originally had, seeing as i did not break anything to cause it's expiration that fast. I simply switched a processor setting. Can anything be done or will i need to simply have this watermark saying activate windows all of the time?

:)

LefterisPoziadis, Dec 25, 2018

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Dec 25, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Tartaros Win User

Windows OEM key stopped working?

activate windows 7 oem key

Well it didn't stop me because I told the installation program to activate the key later, so I didn't put any key during the installation. Maybe can it work if I put the key when it asks me in the installation?

Tartaros, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows OEM key stopped working?

1. Windows OEM key stopped working? - Similar Threads - OEM key stopped

2. oem key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    oem key: Hi so i just bought a oem key and was wandering if i can activate windows but ive already install windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/68c49162-f504-4e7c-8edb-9145cb0143fc
  3. OEM activation key will not work

OEM activation key will not work: After crash and reinstall of windows 10 Pro from windows 10 Home installation disc, my OEM activation key is not accepted. How do I reactivate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-activation-key-will-not-work/01fc42a4-c68a-4192-a921-c1cd9544acf2
  4. Windows 10 Pro OEM Key not working

Windows 10 Pro OEM Key not working: Hi, I have recently bought a windowappearss 10 pro OEM key but when I try it this [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-oem-key-not-working/0167bd45-131f-4aed-bd2d-4150cd1b824c
  5. OEM KEY

OEM KEY: CAN I DIRECTLY CONVERT VOLUME KEY TO MY OEM KEY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/51a45d91-66fd-4aea-b9c6-dcb81fe9fe9f
  6. Oem key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem key: Can i use an oem key after i do a reinstall of windows on the same pc ? submitted by /u/YR_973 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ih78sv/oem_key/
  7. oem key

oem key: my laptop comes with windows 10 home i updated my laptop with windows 10 pro oem key,but my laptop did not replace the old key with new one..when i use oem key checker tool it showing old key.what i have to do replace a new oem key in old one?...
  8. Windows OEM key

Windows OEM key: Can you tell me how some youtubers are claiming that OEM key can activate your PC for lifetime in less than 15$? Are these OEM keys legal or real? Can these OEM keys sold by the company? If it is legal than why MICROSOFT is not selling any OEM version of windows in...
  9. Windows OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows OEM key: So I understand that you cannot transfer to a new computer with a new OEM key. But lets say my motherboard goes out and i have to buy a new motherboard. Will I have to buy a new Oem key? Will the computer forget I had Microsoft in the first place? submitted by...
  10. OEM key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OEM key: hi there pleas i want know whats all problem will happen withe all drivers if i use fake OEM key to active windows 10 . and how i do remove it . i do use : slmgr /dlv slmgr /upk but when i restart laptop i see it actived by same OEM key...