Windows 10: WIndows OEM licencing

Discus and support WIndows OEM licencing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; WIndows 10 PRO oem upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. What impact has this on a licencing ? Is an E3 lincence needed for this if these devices is in a small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Frank Simon1, May 17, 2023.

1. WIndows OEM licencing

WIndows 10 PRO oem upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. What impact has this on a licencing ? Is an E3 lincence needed for this if these devices is in a small LAN enviroment with no enviroment Azure or AD

:)

Frank Simon1, May 17, 2023

2. Original OEM Licence Restore?

If i were to create a restore point of my system with my original OEM (OEM Liscence Text: Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account.) Windows licence but then change it to another Liscence if i were to restore would it give me my old Windows licence back? (The OEM licence.).

HectorGabriel Houlden, May 17, 2023
  3. Thedefh Win User
    Windows 10 OEM licence and activation

Hello,

I have several questions the licence and activation:

Can you legally buy used (and decactivated) windows 10 OEM licences and use them with a PC different from what it was supplied with?

Lets assume I bought such licence and the activation was successful on such a machine - does it mean I can continue and legally use the OS?

I read that there was a 'system builder' clause when using OEM licences that lets you transfer said licences to different machies if you take the OEM responsibility on yourself.

If it's not possible with windows 10 OEM is it possible with any other OEM version of windows such as windows 7 or 8?

Thanks,

Thedefh, May 17, 2023
  4. Chryonn Win User

WIndows OEM licencing

Two OEM licence keys (different Windows versions) on one PC

Hello,
    I'm in the process of building another PC and I want to know if it's possible for two versions of Windows to reside next to each other legitimately. I would have windows 7 and 10 as a dual-boot system. So if I buy OEM keys and activate them would one de-activate the other? I know that OEM licence keys are bound to the mobo and are irrevocable. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chryonn, May 17, 2023
Thema:

WIndows OEM licencing

1. WIndows OEM licencing - Similar Threads - OEM licencing

2. Windows Pro licence key non-oem on oem devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro licence key non-oem on oem devices: Hi,I bought a new ASUS laptop Laptop A with windows 10 OEM pre-installed. I do not have a record of this keyI performed the free upgrade on laptop A that was permitted at the time to windows 11I then installed a windows 8 PRO key standalone / non-Oem that I bought years ago...
  3. Windows Pro licence key non-oem on oem devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro licence key non-oem on oem devices: Hi,I bought a new ASUS laptop Laptop A with windows 10 OEM pre-installed. I do not have a record of this keyI performed the free upgrade on laptop A that was permitted at the time to windows 11I then installed a windows 8 PRO key standalone / non-Oem that I bought years ago...
  4. Unable to activate OEM Licence on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate OEM Licence on Windows 11: Hello support team,We are unable to activate our Windows 10 OEM licenses when transferring them to Windows 11.Step that leads to the error: -We open Powershell as administrator and run the following commands: "$GetDigitalLicence = Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from...
  5. Unable to activate OEM Licence on Windows 11

Unable to activate OEM Licence on Windows 11: Hello support team,We are unable to activate our Windows 10 OEM licenses when transferring them to Windows 11.Step that leads to the error: -We open Powershell as administrator and run the following commands: "$GetDigitalLicence = Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from...
  6. How to get OEM windows 7 professional licence key which is not activating automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get OEM windows 7 professional licence key which is not activating automatically?: Sir, I have have laptop HP 6460b which come which windows 7 professional, and now when I install windows 7 professional again it is not activating. When I tried to find OEM windows 7 key. It is only showing that Windows 7 OEM Marker present in firmware and I didn't get OEM...
  7. How to get OEM windows 7 professional licence key which is not activating automatically?

How to get OEM windows 7 professional licence key which is not activating automatically?: Sir, I have have laptop HP 6460b which come which windows 7 professional, and now when I install windows 7 professional again it is not activating. When I tried to find OEM windows 7 key. It is only showing that Windows 7 OEM Marker present in firmware and I didn't get OEM...
  8. How to get OEM windows 7 professional licence key which is not activating automatically?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. Windows 11 OEM licence : can I upgrade my C drive and how?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 OEM licence : can I upgrade my C drive and how?: Hi,My laptop only has 2 HDD slots. Can I upgrade my system drive by transfering the already installed Windows 11 OEM to a greater capacity HDD?Thank you for your help and have a great day!Nicolas...
  10. Windows 11 OEM licence : can I upgrade my C drive and how?

Windows 11 OEM licence : can I upgrade my C drive and how?: Hi,My laptop only has 2 HDD slots. Can I upgrade my system drive by transfering the already installed Windows 11 OEM to a greater capacity HDD?Thank you for your help and have a great day!Nicolas...