Windows 10: Windows offline scan(help)

Discus and support Windows offline scan(help) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I try to run the offline scan it reboots the system without scanning, but when I try to do it again soon after that it works fine. This pattern is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Call_Me_Bread, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Windows offline scan(help)

When I try to run the offline scan it reboots the system without scanning, but when I try to do it again soon after that it works fine. This pattern is consistent where it fails at first but at the second try it works. Is this normal?

submitted by /u/Call_Me_Bread
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Call_Me_Bread, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    offline scan

Hello Peter, *Smile

The yellowish note box at the top of the tutorial below can help show you how to find and read the Windows Defender Offline Scan log files and event logs.

Please just let me know if you have any questions or need help with it.

Windows Defender Offline Scan in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

Windows offline scan(help)

offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows offline scan(help)

1. Windows offline scan(help) - Similar Threads - offline scan help

2. Windows Defender Offline Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Offline Scan: Some advice please Ive done a couple of 'offline' scans but when my laptop finished there is no indication/feedback at all and Protection history says 'No recent action' What does that mean? no scans done? no suspicious files found? Having done research I've found...
  3. offline scan

offline scan: I have Windows 1909 with Defender. When I run the offline scan, it disappears when done and I cannot fine the results. I looked in event viewer but I am not skilled enough to know where to go. One place seemed right but it was not intelligible to the average user. Could...
  4. Windows Security offline scan

Windows Security offline scan: How affective is the WS offline scan? Is there a better alternative?*Confused 146098
  5. offline scan

offline scan: Hi all. Is there anyone that can inform me on how to do a offline scan with w/dows10 defender. Before the update feature there was a do offline scan feature....
  6. Window defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window defender Offline Scan: I want to do offline scan but my system is asking me for the Bitlocker recovery key of 10th Oct. 2019 whereas the one available in my Ms account is that of 26th Nov. 2018. As a result of this I could not go on with the offline scanning. Please I need help to resolve this...
  7. OFFLINE SCANS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OFFLINE SCANS: how do I perform an offline scan and repair of external drive? I was instructed to perform the offline scan after receiving Event ID 26226 for the external 3.6TB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-scans/261e27a1-c3de-4276-ac4f-b69ae20076b8
  8. Windows Defender Offline scan

Windows Defender Offline scan: Hello I have tried running the Windows Defender Offline scan. The scan works to the extent that the device closes down, disconnects from the 'Internet' the scan begins then the device just powers down (switches off) out of know where. If that makes any séance. The...
  9. Windows Defender offline scan

Windows Defender offline scan: What's the consensus on the WD offline scan, any good? 124404
  10. Windows Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Offline Scan: Hello. I have been cleaning my Windows 10 laptop of junk files and decided to do an offline scan. When my laptop restarted, instead of the usual offline scan that I see everytime I do it, I saw a blue screen where a message “Your PC/device needs to be repaired.” I inserted my...