Windows 10: Windows Offline

Discus and support Windows Offline in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,Recently, I've been trying to run the Windows Defender Offline Scan. However, ever time I do, my computer will restart, then it will load for a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Normal.Guy, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Windows Offline

Hello,Recently, I've been trying to run the Windows Defender Offline Scan. However, ever time I do, my computer will restart, then it will load for a bit, and then restart, without scanning. I've tried the downloadable version and it makes no difference. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Normal.Guy, Jun 4, 2021
  2. meebers Win User

RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Jun 4, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games

Most Windows 10 games will support offline play, but you'll have to work at it.

Windows Offline NK5onxJwAvtQTxbkwSUoG8-650-80.png

"Larry Hryb, the man known to the world as Major Nelson, announced on Twittertoday that Microsoft has "made some backend updates to improve your experience playing @Windows 10 games offline." Basically, if you're going to be somewhere that lacks online coverage—on a submarine, for instance—it will still be possible to play your games. But there are some restrictions.

"Most games available in the Store on your Windows 10 device support offline play, but check the details of the game to make sure yours is supported by searching for your game at http://www.xbox.com," the Xbox support site says. "Most games with a campaign mode will be playable offline, but games with network co-op or multiplayer features will not work while you’re offline. While playing offline, some features, such as the ability to purchase additional items from the Windows Store, will not be available. Additionally, any leaderboards will be unavailable while you're offline."

Obviously, online features like buying stuff from in-game stores won't be available when you're offline, but the bit about "games with network co-op or multplayer features" not working while offline really isn't clear. We tested with Gears of War 4 and confirmed that the offline features like campaign and LAN multiplayer worked just fine when disconnected.

There are more caveats, though. You're limited to just one "designated offline device" at a time, and you can only change your designated offline device three times per year. Switching into offline mode isn't all that easy, either. First, you'll need to set your designated offline device:

• Make sure that you’re online.
    • Check that your device has the latest Windows updates: Go to Start,Settings, Update and security, and then Windows Update and see if any relevant updates are available.
    • Open the Store. You’ll be prompted to sign in if you haven’t already.
    • Select the Me icon (this is your profile picture).
    • Select Settings, and then under Offline Permissions, make sure that the toggle is set to On.
    After that, you'll have to "prepare" your games by launching each one that you want to play offline while you're still online, and logging into your Xbox Live account. This is a bit like launching Steam into Offline mode while you still have an internet connection... but you'll have to prepare each individual Xbox game this way before going offline.

Once you've logged into the game while you're online, you can exit at any time and you'll be set. Of course, if you change your mind and want to play something you haven't properly prepared, you're out of luck.

The upside is that this only affects Windows 10 games, but it still seems wildly complicated and restrictive to me. Worse, while improved functionality is always welcome, I can't see how this does anything but beg for unflattering comparisons with Steam: When I want to play my Steam games offline, I set Steam offline, restart it, and I'm on my way—and I can do it as often as I want. Microsoft's implementation of offline play is an improvement, but only because it wasn't available at all previously. As a step toward becoming more competitive with Steam, though, it falls woefully short.
    "

Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games | PC Gamer

P4-630, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Windows Offline

Offline Maps for Pakistan

Hello,

If you wish to download the offline map for Pakistan, then it is currently unavailable on the Windows phone. We suggest that you send a suggestion on the Feedback Hub so we can add it on the next update. To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the
    steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category, and then submit.

You can also download any alternative applications from the Store that support offline maps.

Don't hesitate to post back if you need further assistance.

Michael Rey, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows Offline

1. Windows Offline - Similar Threads - Offline

2. Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: Hi everyone, sorry for the time if it shows but it's 3 in the morning I currently have a trojan, Wacatac.B!Ml or something similar. Well, after deleting it through Defender both manually by checking the folder and through Defender itself, I now have a doubt as to whether it...
  3. Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: Hi everyone, sorry for the time if it shows but it's 3 in the morning I currently have a trojan, Wacatac.B!Ml or something similar. Well, after deleting it through Defender both manually by checking the folder and through Defender itself, I now have a doubt as to whether it...
  4. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Offline Scan not working: So when I go to do the offline scan that usually takes 15 minutes, it doesn't scan it takes me to select my keyboard and language. I've already looked for corrupted files. What should I do?...
  5. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

Windows Defender Offline Scan not working: So when I go to do the offline scan that usually takes 15 minutes, it doesn't scan it takes me to select my keyboard and language. I've already looked for corrupted files. What should I do?...
  6. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Uw apparaat is offline. Meld u aan met het wachtwoord dat het laatst gebruikt is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uw apparaat is offline. Meld u aan met het wachtwoord dat het laatst gebruikt is: Ik kan niet inloggen op mijn ‘oude’ Lenovo. Ik heb heb een wachtwoord reset gedaan, maar blijkbaar was dat enkel voor Microsoft account zelf. Het blijft deze melding geven en ik heb het oude wachtwoord niet meer. Verbinding met internet is prima.Capslock gecheckedIk heb wat...
  8. Uw apparaat is offline. Meld u aan met het wachtwoord dat het laatst gebruikt is

Uw apparaat is offline. Meld u aan met het wachtwoord dat het laatst gebruikt is: Ik kan niet inloggen op mijn ‘oude’ Lenovo. Ik heb heb een wachtwoord reset gedaan, maar blijkbaar was dat enkel voor Microsoft account zelf. Het blijft deze melding geven en ik heb het oude wachtwoord niet meer. Verbinding met internet is prima.Capslock gecheckedIk heb wat...
  9. Print Offline but can be pinged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Offline but can be pinged: HP printer set up as wireless. Local address is 192.168.0.244. Windows 10.Suddenly I could not print from my HP . Windows shows that it is offline but I am able to ping it successfully. Power off and ON printer. Plug and unplug printer. Reboot PC. None of that helped.1. Open...
  10. Print Offline but can be pinged

Print Offline but can be pinged: HP printer set up as wireless. Local address is 192.168.0.244. Windows 10.Suddenly I could not print from my HP . Windows shows that it is offline but I am able to ping it successfully. Power off and ON printer. Plug and unplug printer. Reboot PC. None of that helped.1. Open...