Windows 10: Windows.Old Bugging everything

Discus and support Windows.Old Bugging everything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I bought a new processor and Motherboard and I installed them smoothly. It ran windows without a problem except it needed to reset (probably because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ManuelOrnelas, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Windows.Old Bugging everything

So I bought a new processor and Motherboard and I installed them smoothly. It ran windows without a problem except it needed to reset (probably because of the new drivers). When it finished it was ok but then I decided to delete the Windows.Old folder and follow the instructions on youtube. When I restarted the PC I suddenly noticed some bugs, I couldn't click in the Windows Toolbar and Search Bar. So i proceeded to repair or to reset the PC again while saving my personal files but it gives me a error. So I tried to fix the errors that made me unable to reset the PC (used Dism but gave Error 50, tried every solutions to fix it and nothing happend) but nothing happens.

:)

ManuelOrnelas, Nov 5, 2018

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 5, 2018
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Windows.Old Bugging everything

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows.Old Bugging everything

1. Windows.Old Bugging everything - Similar Threads - Old Bugging everything

2. Malware exploits decade old Windows bug, which has an opt-in fix

in Windows 10 News
    Malware exploits decade old Windows bug, which has an opt-in fix: A decade old Windows bug, for which a fix is available, is used by malware currently in attacks against Windows devices. Malware actors may exploit the vulnerability to add malicious code to signed Windows files without them losing their signed status. Digital signatures are...
  3. From old computer to new computer, that is, avoid reinstalling everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From old computer to new computer, that is, avoid reinstalling everything: Because of a persistent blue screen error that they couldn't fix, Dell has given me a new computer. Both the old and the new have Windows 11 Pro. I have a server for documents, so there's minimal data. But heaps of programs and apps. Is there a way to transfer everything on...
  4. From old computer to new computer, that is, avoid reinstalling everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    From old computer to new computer, that is, avoid reinstalling everything: Because of a persistent blue screen error that they couldn't fix, Dell has given me a new computer. Both the old and the new have Windows 11 Pro. I have a server for documents, so there's minimal data. But heaps of programs and apps. Is there a way to transfer everything on...
  5. Old bug back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old bug back?: My Win 10 pro was automatically updated yesterday. Now, when I copy and paste a file with the same name from one directory to an other, a copy of the file name + copy +number is created instead of displaying the "overwrite or not" dialog. That use to be a Win 7 bug. Is it...
  6. Multiple instances of Word appearing on one laptop - old bug ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Multiple instances of Word appearing on one laptop - old bug ?: I seem to recall this being a problem a year or so back, some bug that Microsoft needed to address. Anyhow, my Dell XPS 13 laptop loads 6 instances of Word at startup. It appears all updates have been installed as of 4/14/2020. My guess it's one of the updates but curious if...
  7. [Old Bug] The menu can't disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Old Bug] The menu can't disappear: Sometimes, right-click app on taskbar, Then the menu can't disappear. Many apps on taskbar have this bugPlease fix. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-bug-the-menu-cant-disappear/f0e3f681-1774-4019-87a2-4fff59d5ac55
  8. Re-appearance of an old bug in memory management.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re-appearance of an old bug in memory management.: I recently experienced severe problems with my computer after the usual updates. I am running an HP Envy All-in-one with 8 Fig of Ram etc and have had no normal problems. I leave my Updates in auto and check from time to time to see what has ben involved. Generally it is the...
  9. 18-year-old Windows bug allows attackers to harvest credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    18-year-old Windows bug allows attackers to harvest credentials: This week, security researchers at Cylance disclosed a vulnerability in Server Message Block (SMB) that allows attackers to harvest user credentials from any Windows computer, server, or tablet, including those running the Windows 10 Technology Preview. The attack is...
  10. EVERYTHING is bugged ... Same for you ?

in Windows 10 Support
    EVERYTHING is bugged ... Same for you ?: Does anybody else feel like EVERYTHING is bugged in the new 10074 build ? I mean, starting from the StartMenu, going to the Settings Application, Opening up software, closing software, restarting your PC, logging in to your PC, Windows Explorer, installing software. Am I...