Windows 10: Windows.old cannot bedeleted and says not in C;\ BUT IT SHOWS UP in C:\

Discus and support Windows.old cannot bedeleted and says not in C;\ BUT IT SHOWS UP in C:\ in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried everything to delete Windows.old. Even hidden administrator, disk clean up, safe mode, and cmd "del windows.ol. I always get the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Live Email Contacts Issue, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Windows.old cannot bedeleted and says not in C;\ BUT IT SHOWS UP in C:\

I have tried everything to delete Windows.old. Even hidden administrator, disk clean up, safe mode, and cmd "del windows.ol. I always get the message that the folder is no longer in C:\ or does not exist, and check to see if it has been moved etc etc. It hasn't - It shows up in C: as Windows.old, but when you try to delete it, it says the folder does not exist. Clearly it does, it's there. What does it take to remove it. Nothing I do will delete windows.old

:)

Live Email Contacts Issue, Oct 11, 2018

2. CSRSS @ c/i386

Tried Nod32.. no help. Will try kaspersky. Will try Norton Corporate Edition Anti-Virus. thanks for suggestion.

HiddenStupid, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows.old cannot bedeleted and says not in C;\   BUT IT SHOWS UP in C:\ ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Windows.old cannot bedeleted and says not in C;\ BUT IT SHOWS UP in C:\

No O/C at all

Now with the cpu step up O/C it averages around 55-58c on all cores.

gerrynicol, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows.old cannot bedeleted and says not in C;\ BUT IT SHOWS UP in C:\

1. Windows.old cannot bedeleted and says not in C;\ BUT IT SHOWS UP in C:\ - Similar Threads - old cannot bedeleted

2. What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer: I have a new computer with WIndows 11 installed. The C: drive is an SSD. I copied all main files and folders from an HHD on another computer. All of a sudden I notice that the C; drive shows as c: c: in file explorer. What does that mean and how di I correct it to show c:...
  3. What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer: I have a new computer with WIndows 11 installed. The C: drive is an SSD. I copied all main files and folders from an HHD on another computer. All of a sudden I notice that the C; drive shows as c: c: in file explorer. What does that mean and how di I correct it to show c:...
  4. How to clean up my old c: drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clean up my old c: drive?: Hi,Recently, I installed a new SSD on my PC.I want to clean up the old c: drive after I install Windows on the new SSD, but I don't know how to clean up my old c: drive.Windows is taking a lot of storage on the old drive. It has all of my apps on it, but I can't open them. Do...
  5. How to clean up my old c: drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clean up my old c: drive?: Hi,Recently, I installed a new SSD on my PC.I want to clean up the old c: drive after I install Windows on the new SSD, but I don't know how to clean up my old c: drive.Windows is taking a lot of storage on the old drive. It has all of my apps on it, but I can't open them. Do...
  6. How to clean up my old c: drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Admin CMD showing up as C:\Windows\system32> instead of C:\user\NAME>

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin CMD showing up as C:\Windows\system32> instead of C:\user\NAME>: I need a way to make it so that instead of having C:\Windows\system32> there will be C:\user\NAME> when I open the command prompt. When I run cmd as a regular user it comes up with C:\user\NAME> but when I run as an administrator it comes up with C:\Windows\system32> Please...
  8. Help! Cannot access C: drive on old SSHD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Cannot access C: drive on old SSHD: Hi everyone, My old laptop's motherboard died and I had to get a new laptop. Unfortunately a lot of important data is still on my old SSHD. I've connected it to my new laptop by SSD/HDD caddy, but it only shows me the second partition of the drive, which had some of the...
  9. About C:\Windows Old

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    About C:\Windows Old: This is not about C:\Windows.old But if i try to delete or rename or use Disk Cleanup to remove the folder, it makes Windows Explorer crash and then I have to hard shutdown my PC in order to turn it off, how would I remove this 7.50 GB~ file?...
  10. C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer: BIG EDIT: Apparently, my I: drive doesn't show up either... drives C:, D: and I: are partitions of one of an SSD, the other are partitions of another hard disk. I'm now guessing that D: drive is the problem.. I've just installed the Windows 10 17127 Insider Preview from the...