Windows 10: Windows.old data

Discus and support Windows.old data in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I did a custom installation of Windows 10 in my pc using a flash drive. The process was stuck for almost 4 hours so I restarted the pc and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertJohn3, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Windows.old data

Hi,

I did a custom installation of Windows 10 in my pc using a flash drive. The process was stuck for almost 4 hours so I restarted the pc and started the installation again. After the installation was completed, now I see multiple Windows.old folder created. I am trying to locate for my old user data in all the Windows.old folder but I am unable to locate it. The data is in the PC because I see the HDD drive is not clean, it has occupied space. So I am trying to locate my data from the windows.old folders. For one time I was able to see the data in one of the Windows.old folder. I copied it in my new user account but still the data is missing. Any help or suggestions?

:)

RobertJohn3, Apr 25, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows.old data

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows.old data

1. Windows.old data - Similar Threads - old data

2. Bought a new computer; I wanted to set it up with my account, but don't move any old data,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought a new computer; I wanted to set it up with my account, but don't move any old data,...: I recently bought a new computer, and wanted to use this opportunity to have a blank computer with no saved info that pops up, i.e. emails, passwords, card info and didn't want any of my old apps, etc. How do I use my account to have this new computer, but not have any old...
  3. Bought a new computer; I wanted to set it up with my account, but don't move any old data,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a new computer; I wanted to set it up with my account, but don't move any old data,...: I recently bought a new computer, and wanted to use this opportunity to have a blank computer with no saved info that pops up, i.e. emails, passwords, card info and didn't want any of my old apps, etc. How do I use my account to have this new computer, but not have any old...
  4. How to copy data from old HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to copy data from old HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode: If you have replaced the old HDD, for example with a new SSD, and want to copy data from the old HDD, you may face the problem of the disk in GPT protective partition mode. Connecting the old HDD as an external drive may not be the ideal solution, as the operating system may...
  5. How to copy data from old HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy data from old HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode: If you have replaced the old HDD, for example with a new SSD, and want to copy data from the old HDD, you may face the problem of the disk in GPT protective partition mode. Connecting the old HDD as an external drive may not be the ideal solution, as the operating system may...
  6. How to copy data from old HDD that appears in GPT protective partition mode

7. “Old” 2010 era laptop hard drive—trying to recover data but doesn’t show in file explorer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Old” 2010 era laptop hard drive—trying to recover data but doesn’t show in file explorer...: Hi, let’s start by saying I have no idea what I’m doing I’m just dedicated enough to wanting to get old photos off my laptop that was only 2 years old whose screen quit working a decade ago and I’ve been holding onto the hard drive ever since. It’s a Toshiba MK3256GSY. I have...
  8. “Old” 2010 era laptop hard drive—trying to recover data but doesn’t show in file explorer...

“Old” 2010 era laptop hard drive—trying to recover data but doesn’t show in file explorer...: Hi, let’s start by saying I have no idea what I’m doing I’m just dedicated enough to wanting to get old photos off my laptop that was only 2 years old whose screen quit working a decade ago and I’ve been holding onto the hard drive ever since. It’s a Toshiba MK3256GSY. I have...
  9. Will my data on my new laptop will be erased if i reset my old laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will my data on my new laptop will be erased if i reset my old laptop: I want to reset my old laptop but i am confused if my data will be lost from my new computer as well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-my-data-on-my-new-laptop-will-be-erased-if-i/37c8d258-2960-4a7e-a87a-4d92c224efee
  10. Will my data on my new laptop will be erased if i reset my old laptop

Will my data on my new laptop will be erased if i reset my old laptop: I want to reset my old laptop but i am confused if my data will be lost from my new computer as well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-my-data-on-my-new-laptop-will-be-erased-if-i/37c8d258-2960-4a7e-a87a-4d92c224efee