Windows 10: Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days

Discus and support Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I performed a reinstallation of Windows 10 on August 6th, and today is August 18th. Windows.old is supposed to delete itself automatically after 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HanzheDong, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days

I performed a reinstallation of Windows 10 on August 6th, and today is August 18th. Windows.old is supposed to delete itself automatically after 10 days. But this is 12th day since I reinstall the Windows, and the Windows.old is still there.

I have a question, can I manually delete it with the storage setting? Will it cause after-effects to my system? What's the differences between manually deleting Windows.old and automatically deleting Windows.old?

The reason I ask this is because I heard some people deleted Windows.old manually, and caused their Windows fail to boot.

:)

HanzheDong, Aug 18, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 18, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days

How to delete Suggested Sites in Win 10 Edge

When I right click Suggested Sites in the Fav Bar, a "delete" window appears, but, clicking delete does not delete the Suggested Sites from the Favourite Bar.

If I open up Favourites, then the Favourites Bar, and right click the delete window for Suggested Sites-this doesn`t work either.

The Suggested Sites does nothing, (it certainly doesn`t show me a list of suggested sites), and takes up valuable space in my Fav Bar.which is why I want to rid myself of it.

barrierlee, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days

1. Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days - Similar Threads - old doesn't automatically

2. Delete Old Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Old Windows: I have a rather large file taking up valuable space on my primary hard drive. I know that long ago perhaps on Windows 7 when that file appeared I just deleted it. That does NOT seem to work well with Windows 10. I tried going into Safe Mode to delete it, but that just got me...
  3. Computer Freezes & Restarts Itself Multiple Times a Day After Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezes & Restarts Itself Multiple Times a Day After Windows Update: [ATTACH] KB4471324 is the update that seems to have failed. I'm not sure if the computer shut down, battery died, went to sleep etc. when the update was originally happening but it failed and continued to fail when it attempted to retry. I found the update via the many...
  4. Windows.old automatically deleted the day after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows.old automatically deleted the day after installing Windows 10: Hi, I joined this site just for this issue. Here's the whole story. I had Windows 7 installed on my computer (Dell Precision M6500) for a long time, but due to a stupid mistake I made (removing and then destroying a secondary HDD that contained the System Reserved...
  5. Windows Deleted itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Deleted itself.: good Day, im having a problem with my windows instarted my lenonvo legion Y520 this morning to find that some installed application shortcuts are blank and the taskbar does not open and all normal functions are not correct i have since then run in safe mode the icons are...
  6. delete windows old

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete windows old: how do I delete windows old from my Toshiba tablet it keep saying I need administratorpermmisn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/delete-windows-old/a4c97ee1-eb22-40b8-8980-5140d8613ce7"
  7. Can't delete old windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't delete old windows 10: Windows 10 was crashing when trying to install updates so I bought a SSD (860 EVO) and download a Windows 10 ISO file which was put on a third HDD. I installed the new windows 10 on the SSD (now named C:) and all has been working fine. But it appears I still have some files...
  8. Delete windows old on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete windows old on windows 10 pro: Hi I’m looking forward to receive some guidance. I have tried to delete windows old the simple way . Right click delete it didn’t work. I have tried removing with disk clean. It removed almost all except , still remains some folders . What can I do? What steps can i follow?...
  9. How to Delete the Old Windows Files after Upgrading Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Delete the Old Windows Files after Upgrading Windows 10?: OK,OK You might be thinkin' now that "What a DUMB Question is This?" But First before typing that please read through! After Upgrading my Windows 10 to Latest Build Windows Showed me that i Haven't have any Space Left in my HDD so it recommended me to delete the...
  10. Doesn't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Doesn't delete: Can someone help me please? It doesn't want to delete a file like if I delete it using the Shift+Delete it doesn't show the delete thingy it just doesn't do anything and I tried to rename the file and then it says windows explorer not responding please help me 25888

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows.old delete automatically