Windows 10: Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days

Discus and support Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I performed a reinstallation of Windows 10 on August 6th, and today is August 18th. Windows.old is supposed to delete itself automatically after 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HanzheDong, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days

I performed a reinstallation of Windows 10 on August 6th, and today is August 18th. Windows.old is supposed to delete itself automatically after 10 days. But this is 12th day since I reinstall the Windows, and the Windows.old is still there.

I have a question, can I manually delete it with the storage setting? Will it cause after-effects to my system? What's the differences between manually deleting Windows.old and automatically deleting Windows.old?

The reason I ask this is because I heard some people deleted Windows.old manually, and caused their Windows fail to boot.

:)

HanzheDong, Aug 18, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 18, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days

How to delete Suggested Sites in Win 10 Edge

When I right click Suggested Sites in the Fav Bar, a "delete" window appears, but, clicking delete does not delete the Suggested Sites from the Favourite Bar.

If I open up Favourites, then the Favourites Bar, and right click the delete window for Suggested Sites-this doesn`t work either.

The Suggested Sites does nothing, (it certainly doesn`t show me a list of suggested sites), and takes up valuable space in my Fav Bar.which is why I want to rid myself of it.

barrierlee, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days

1. Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days - Similar Threads - old doesn't automatically

2. Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically: Good morning,we have some computers that create a backup by week, in a external drive since 2-3 months.The problem is that Windows 10 isn't deleting old backups and drive is being full so fast. I want to know if it exists some way to do this task automatically, because now I...
  3. Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically: Good morning,we have some computers that create a backup by week, in a external drive since 2-3 months.The problem is that Windows 10 isn't deleting old backups and drive is being full so fast. I want to know if it exists some way to do this task automatically, because now I...
  4. Windows 10 Backup - Delete old data backups automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows.old doesnt delete after 10 days

windows.old doesnt delete after 10 days: Hey I reseted my windows 10 home laptop but the windows.old is still there after 10 days why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowsold-doesnt-delete-after-10-days/f65194a4-812b-40f8-9ac7-d69b71e5e693
  6. Automatically remove deleted files from external drive after 14 days - Windows 10

Automatically remove deleted files from external drive after 14 days - Windows 10: I go to Storage Setting>Storage>Storage Sense>Configure Storage Sense or run it now>Delete files in my recycle bin if they have been there for over: I have it selected for "14 days." When I open the recycle bin, there are no files that have been deleted more that 14 days...
  7. Windows deleted my user folder from windows old, after ONE DAY.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows deleted my user folder from windows old, after ONE DAY.: I just reinstalled this Saturday, files were gone on Monday after finishing windows updates. My documents folder was tiny but had tons of important shit in it, yet inside the windows.old folder the old windows directory is 8+ gigs. What the fuck is going on? submitted by...
  8. DisplayName registry key deletes itself automatically after logout

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DisplayName registry key deletes itself automatically after logout: This key is responsible for showing up my username in W10 Lockscreen and many other places. I have to create it again after every restart since as stated in the subject of this question, it disappears after logout and instead shows up my email address instead of my name. I am...
  9. Windows 10 deleted itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 deleted itself: So ever since i installed Windows 10 iv had nothing but problems. But last night was a final straw see if you can answer this one for me. I installed Windows 10 restarted my computer and my OS system was deleted and I mean gone. I'm never ever ever using Windows 10 again...
  10. Windows.old automatically deleted the day after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows.old automatically deleted the day after installing Windows 10: Hi, I joined this site just for this issue. Here's the whole story. I had Windows 7 installed on my computer (Dell Precision M6500) for a long time, but due to a stupid mistake I made (removing and then destroying a secondary HDD that contained the System Reserved...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows.old delete automatically

2. wibows old automaticaly delelet after days