Windows 10: Windows.old folder not gone after 10 days

Discus and support Windows.old folder not gone after 10 days in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; At the end of last month, my Windows 10 updated itself, which I thought was a normal update at first, but it took over an hour to complete, so I assume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TraestoFlux, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Windows.old folder not gone after 10 days

At the end of last month, my Windows 10 updated itself, which I thought was a normal update at first, but it took over an hour to complete, so I assume it was a pretty big update. When the computer rebooted, I noticed a 30 GB folder called "Windows.old" on my C: drive, which is quite a problem, since my C: has only 100gb space total. So I went looking in the internet and, according to what I read, this Windows.old backup folder should automatically delete itself after 10 days. The update was 14 days ago and the folder is still there. Is something wrong? All the other topics I've found on the subject are pretty old, so I have no idea if the "delete after 10 days" thing was changed or not.

:)

TraestoFlux, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Windows.old folder not gone after 10 days

Windows 10 My Favourites list is gone!

I have loaded up Windows 10 and my favourites list is gone. This is pretty frustrating as I had a big list of favourites built up over a couple of years for work and my own personal browsing. I tried the adive offered by Krishna to Maggie in the forum which
    was:

"I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps to restore the favourites.

• Click This PC
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Right click the Favorites folder
    • Click Properties
    • Click Previous Versions
    • Wait for the list of previous versions to load
    • Select a version that was before you lost the files/folders
    • Click Restore."
    When I got to step 6 my previous versions list showed only today. Surely the loading of Windows 10 has not wiped out my Favourites? What can I do from here?

Daren

[*]

[*]

DarenO'Neill, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows.old folder not gone after 10 days

1. Windows.old folder not gone after 10 days - Similar Threads - old folder gone

2. photos in folder gone after an update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos in folder gone after an update.: i hope somebody can help me. i have all my photos thanksgiving photos in a folder. i sucessfully saved it and i was sure it was there coz i even opened it. then after the update, i opened the folder it was all empty now. anybody espcially from microsoft team can help?...
  3. photos in folder gone after an update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos in folder gone after an update.: i hope somebody can help me. i have all my photos thanksgiving photos in a folder. i sucessfully saved it and i was sure it was there coz i even opened it. then after the update, i opened the folder it was all empty now. anybody espcially from microsoft team can help?...
  4. photos in folder gone after an update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows.old folder gone after only 8 days!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows.old folder gone after only 8 days!: Hello Microsoft Community,I need help urgently!I recently had to a fresh reinstall of my windows 10 OS using the usb device option.I chose the keep files/documents option because I hadn't backed up my work recently when my computer decided to die. I have now since done the...
  6. Desktop folders gone after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop folders gone after update: Update ran and now my Desktop icons are all gone along with folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders-gone-after-update/591f9a16-1fe3-4ae4-88db-db120c9bc4e6
  7. Windows deleted my user folder from windows old, after ONE DAY.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows deleted my user folder from windows old, after ONE DAY.: I just reinstalled this Saturday, files were gone on Monday after finishing windows updates. My documents folder was tiny but had tons of important shit in it, yet inside the windows.old folder the old windows directory is 8+ gigs. What the fuck is going on? submitted by...
  8. Old games gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games gone: I run Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) version upgrade 1903. I upgraded to 1903 a couple of days ago and since then my favourite games have disappeared. They were: Classic FreeCell Classic Hearts Simple Solitaire They are the old Win 7 Home editions, which I found on the net when I...
  9. Windows 10 Old Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Old Folder: What must I do to change admin or other to be able to delete this folder? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-old-folder/f4506226-42c7-4a84-985f-1191d0e5bb47"
  10. Windows 10 old folder gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 old folder gone: Hello, My windows got updated about 2 years ago, and I noticed a year ago from now that the windows old folder was missing. I understand that it got deleted after 30 days, but is there anyway to get this sorted out? I tried recovering it back then, I remember with...